Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone feel nauseated by wheatgrass juice? Interesting "eureka".
Posted by: greenpeach ()
Date: March 03, 2007 03:16PM

[www.dynamicgreens.com]

Some people report that after they have greenified themselves for a few months, wheatgrass no longer makes them feel sickish - perhaps because the months of alkalizing and cleansing have made the body less sensitive to the molds? I should think if you have candida issues you could be more sensitive to the molds and then green-ing would end up making your internal yeast-fungus-mold situation less acute?

Anyhow, I found this information about wheatgrass juice (which always does make me feel incredibly gaggy) very interesting, and perhaps someone else might, too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone feel nauseated by wheatgrass juice? Interesting "eureka".
Date: March 03, 2007 05:51PM

Here's another link - I'm stunned with "epiphany". I am just that person, who has gotten the juice to his very lips and then just _couldn't_. [www.cityfarmer.org]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 04, 2007 03:51AM

thanks captain!

its no wonder i stay away from wheatgrass
i could never stomach that thang
never could understand how others could either
\now i know

coolish!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 04, 2007 05:35AM

I'm afraid I'm going to have to step in here and take the other 'side'. If wheatgrass is grown properly, with ventilation, there is never a mold problem. It is also the most nutritious substance on planet Earth. Case closed.......WY

Date: March 04, 2007 12:43PM

We're not saying there's anything wrong with properly grown wheatgrass. Every wheatgrass I have ever, ever had fresh has been so nauseous that I think perforce, "it CAN'T be healthy - something so sickening CAN'T be good for you", and I dump it down the drain. Now this information shows me that I am right. You are not disagreeing or on an opposite side, unless you are saying that sickeningness in wheatgrass is "medicinal" and just a sign of what a powerful detoxifier it is, which you don't seem to be saying.

I am interested in pursuing grass juice, but never, never again will I gag down even an ouce of that repulsive vomiticious deeply offensive stuff (apparently wheatgrass with mold, the only kind I've ever had in years of trying) and think that it's good for me and that upchucking reaction is "powerful detox" as it churns up all the poisons in me!

Coolish indeed!

Those who forego wheatgrass because they don't have access to any that doesn't have that sickliness no longer have to feel bad they can't stomach it - they should feel great they don't force themselves to!

I've taken up mold-free wheatgrass, so we shall see - I am in the mood for miracles (and nutrition).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2007 03:34PM

If it tastes bad.. dont drink it..
Dont eat something just because you think its healthy. If your ecology doesnt want it then its not good for you... even if it is wheatgrass.
If the body naturally rejects it then its bad.. If you improve your ecology it will suddenly start to probably taste better.. then it will suddenly be good for you..

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 04, 2007 06:00PM

I used to find wheat grass juice gaggy and then after some fasting and raw diet suddenly it tasted good. Sweet.

Date: March 04, 2007 07:36PM

I have a friend, known as the "Green Goddess", who drinks up to 16 ounces of wheatgrass juice a day. I'm not in her 'League' yet, but do drink up to 8 ounces a day, sometimes more. The juice should taste 'sweet' going down. If it doesn't, you probably shouldn't drink it. If it does (taste sweet) and you're having a reaction to it, I'd say the problem is with you. Definitely we should grow our own wheatgrass. Peace and Love to us all......WY

Date: March 04, 2007 07:55PM

I'm doing 32! I don't think it fair to say that if it tastes sweet and the person has difficulty, it's his/her own problem. Indoor-grown does not develop into complex carbohydrates and minerals the way that outdoor-grown does - indoor is sweeter because it has more simple sugar. That's what I've been reading a lot, anyhow, online. I'd rather have minerals from the soil than simple sugars.

I guess we do disagree, then.

Greenie, I like the mold theory - it makes great sense to me, but I have also read that a sickish reaction is when someone has low stomach acid. Raw foods and green juice, etc. would help remedy that. The Boutenko book _Green for Life_ mentions several people who had your experience with first being gaggy and then over time and greater health not being gaggy. Specifically the book addresses how green therapy raises hydrochloric acid.

However, I still have decided never again to put myself down as defective and toxic because I can't stand the indoor stuff that actually has molds - I'm proud I can't. LV is awash to the marrow of her quarks with green juice and raw, and she reports repulsion like me, so the "durian" equasion doesn't fit. (There's a NFL saying that if you hate the smell of durian, you are not raw, but once you have been raw, it doesn't stink at all, you find it pleasant.) Usually I like equasions like that, but I've had too much moldy wheatgrass juicy, I guess, not to be overjoyed with my new information.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 04, 2007 08:12PM

greenpeach,

I understand and would not be drinking it if it didn't taste good.

Date: March 04, 2007 09:11PM

Greenpeach.....Am I 'reading' you right that you drink 32 ounces of Field Grown Wheatgrass Juice everyday? That sounds very interesting. Could you tell us your source? Surely you don't grow it yourself? I do use Clay in the growing of mine for the trace minerals, but there may not be time for the grass to absorb them in 7 days. Clay may also be taken internally for trace minerals.......WY
[www.terramin.com]

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: March 05, 2007 01:10AM

I used to think it tasted kinda bitter - now it doesn't taste as bad!

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: March 06, 2007 03:24PM

Hey there, I avoided wheatgrass because of the sick to my stomache feeling but just recently I've been adding a two ounce shot into 16 ounces of Kombucha tea and it tastes great and best of all it makes me feel great as well.

As for thr mold, air circulation (use a fan) is key when you are growing it so the mold doesn't develop.

Best Wishes,
Cecilia

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 06, 2007 09:09PM

I do, at just the thought of drinking it. Mooo!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: March 09, 2007 05:53PM

Greenpeach, can you share with us the source for that amount of fresh-cut wheatgrass that is grown outside? That's over three pounds a day!

I have been experimenting with fresh-frozen wheatgrass juice that is grown outside, allowing myself to be persuaded that it is still a "living food", although I'd never believe it in any other context. I feel uneasy about it, but my skin is getting pretty detox-y - pimples, hives, rashes, weird stuff - so maybe it has some mileage to it, however out of step with my ideal-ideology the frozen idea is.

For what it is worth, when it defrosts, it tastes green and fine - not sicky. I think it is a race between its manifesting cool benefits or detox, and my feeling so squeamish about the frozen thing that I stop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables