Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today is my first day going 100% Raw
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:10PM

Since I can't get out my family will be going to the store for me. So far I had a half of a grapefruit. What should I be asking them to pick up fore me.
What are you guys eating for the whole day.

Thanks tadey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today is my first day going 100% Raw
Posted by: greenpeach ()
Date: March 05, 2007 06:19PM

Hi there, Tadey - is raw a new experience for you? If so, you know, you might want to start by eating whatever of your favorite fruits and vegetables are in season organic at the moment - what you really like. If you like nuts and can get them organic raw unsalted, eat those freely, too. Do you like seaweeds? You can use them as seasoning.

I've been juice fasting, but today I am taking a break from it. I'm having green juice all day until dinner, when I'll have a big salad with avocado, lemon juice, baby greens, sprouts, seaweed, and maybe cherry tomatoes.

If you have never tried 100% before, I'd say just spend a little time having fun with it. If you like grapefruit, have more.

Do you have goals you'd like to accomplish? Reasons why you've decided to go 100%? Problems you'd like to cure?

Do you like simple meals or do you like recipes? Are there tastes and textures of cooked things you have liked and think you might miss? If so, people here can give you raw food ideas that will satisfy those cravings when they come up.

Whatever you do, you can't go wrong getting plenty of greens in you, in an assimilable way preferably. If you have a blender, you can make smoothies (as well as soups and puddings and other things). If you have a juicer, you can make juices.

It's great that today is your first day all-raw - I hope you'll celebrate the day with raw organic foods you really are fond of!

A lot of us as we come to refine our dietaries leave behind and try to avoid raw foods we like, so you might want to decide to just have fun with it at first and eat freely. Are there results you want to happen very soon? Serious problems you are facing, like health or appearance ones? If so, you might have to refine the dietary a bit. But for your important first day, eat the sorts of raw foods you enjoy, I'd say.

Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 05, 2007 07:12PM

No raw is not new to me I have tried it before but I keep falling all the time( I felt really bad that I couldn't stay raw so I gave up). I just found out I'm diabetic(1/19/07). Organic I can't afford. I've been out of work for over six months. I fracture my foot and it is taking fore ever to heal.

accomplish- I want to be 100% well,Be able to leave my house and enjoy walking,stop having chest pains( I went to the hospital so I know it's not my heart) and of course not be a diabetic. Be able to help other.

I like simple meals becuase I can't stand for very long. I just love my food to taste good. I guess I love starches. I don't like bland foods. But at this time I try anything.

Yes I do have a blender. I will try some green smoothies. I just hope I can keep it up. Maybe I'll look for something organic every now and than.

Thanks

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 05, 2007 07:57PM

Keep it simple. Whatever fruits and vegetables you like. Nuts have been a big part of our transition. We make fruit smoothies a lot and salads.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 06, 2007 03:33AM

The fact that you've accomplished the goal of even connecting diet to health, and moreover actually KNOW the raw diet is optimal- is a major step. You are def not a failure in any sense!

Try baby steps - 50 or 75 percent raw for now, that way you allow yourself room to "outgrow" the foods you crave.

Starches and sugars are a tough one, as a lot of people on raw find they still have these cravings (myself included). So recently I bought another bottle of Yeast Cleanse at the health food store, figuring yeast is the likely source of those cravings. I do seem to be craving less sweets lately.

Also remember that a craving for salt is really a craving for minerals- for me always fixed by a big mixed green salad topped with assorted seaweeds.

Good luck!

xo
Sunshine

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 06, 2007 12:09PM

i agree with sunshine

being on the path to do the best for ones health is already being successful

good luck tadey

you can do it !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables