Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hi, queation about my body becoming sensitve to cook foods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2007 04:15PM

Hi, I have been on a 75% raw foods vegetarian for about 2 months, my body is very sensitive to food, If I eat breads, salt or oily cooked foods I blow up like a blow fish lol.

Here's my question as I grow and become more raw, my body is becoming more sensitive to food, I get bad stomach aches and diarrhea for days most of the time they last 3 days at a time if I eat some cooked vegetarian foods, even yogurt and olives will do this to me. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi, queation about my body becoming sensitve to cook foods
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 06, 2007 06:22PM

-YOU will definitely need to ask the question to yourself: If these things you are eating are causing stomach/digestive upset, then are you sure they are optimal foods for you? Or even something you should be eating at all? This is really the only sort of thinking that separates a raw food eater from some one who is just trying to eat 'healthy'. It IS my experience that those who eat higher percentages of raw consistently are often more sensitive to crap.....and complex mixtures....or heavier/oily/fatty foods. It just stands to reason. LOL.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 06, 2007 09:11PM

"Does anyone know why this is?"

Your body does! smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: March 07, 2007 01:14AM

I experience the same thing...

It is a bit frusterating because I never intended to go 100% for many reasons. But now I feel like I am being forced to..which is both good and bad. But my poor body is definitly confused!

Posted by: khale ()
Date: March 07, 2007 02:42AM

I noticed this too...almost from the beginning. I too am approximately 75% raw and yet still my digestive system seems much more sensitive than before. This is one of the main reasons that I am inching my way toward a more raw diet. Because at this rate, with my sensitivities to foods being what they are "high" raw, I can imagine that its very difficult, if not destructive, to go 100% and either yo-yo or turn back.

The only book that I've encountered that confronts this issue is Matt Monarch's "Raw Spirit" and especially in his interview with Dr. Fred Bisci, PhD Nutritionist and 100% raw foodist for over four decades (found in the same book). I recommend the book to any who are still deliberating whether or not to go 100% and even to those who are already raw.

But to answer your question specifically I can quote Dr. Bisci here:

Question asked by Matt Monarch: "Why is it bad to go back and forth from a Raw Food Diet to a cooked food diet?

Dr. Bisci: "That can be a disaster because it takes time for a body to accommodate what you are putting into your system. It takes the average person a lifetime to gradually introduce some of the negative things in their dietary lifestyle. For example, if a person were to take a tablespoon of arsenic all at once it would probably kill them. Let's say they took one drop every third day and gradually every week increased it. In a matter of a year or two they could probably take 2 or 3 tablespoons and it might not affect them. It is the same with your diet. Ever since you were young, you have gradually continued eating and living a lifestyle that is not conducive to a healthy physiology. Let's say that all of a sudden you clean your body up, which on a very clean diet would only take a matter of months or a year. Then one day you have a weak moment and binge with foods that previously took you a lifetime to work up to. Your body won't be able to tolerate it because you did not give it enough time to accomodate what you are doing. The impact could be 100 times more disastrous then if you had gone back gradually."

hope this helps,

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 07, 2007 04:11AM

I, too, am frustrated by this. Cheating isn't near as much fun when you're sick after. It does make me believe cooked must be toxic.

Date: March 07, 2007 04:19AM

Fix your ecology first.. Eat whatever you want... Diet is just an effect.

Eat anything you want.. who cares if its bad for you.. .the only way you will heal is if you eat pre cognitively... This might go against what you hear from everyone but we see it work all the time and knwo all the scams out there to get you back on a raw diet. Also.. are you eating a high Brixxe. Google Brixxe and you can read why eating high brixxe foods are good.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 07, 2007 05:06AM

Your body is healing itself. In doing so, it is rejecting the foods that are not the best for it, and instead letting you know which foods it likes. If you are wise, you will listen to your body's messages.

Date: March 07, 2007 03:14PM

I want to thank everyone, You guess have been such a great help to me and everyone. I have been reading everying you guys have to say for long time and god knows I could not change my life to be more raw with out your wise words. God only knows how many people you guys help.

Posted by: oregonisaac ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:27PM

I had this explained to me like this.

If you are a smoker, you do not cough.
If you stop smoking you cough.
This is not a sign of weakness.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 08, 2007 03:28AM

It's funny you compare it to smoking because I always compare quitting cooked to quitting smoking. It feels exactly the same to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables