Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Biological Terrain Assessment
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: March 08, 2007 07:33PM

Biological Terrain Assessment:

I went and had my biological terrain assessment today, and I have come home even more confused than ever.

The issues of greatest concern (as far as I can tell) are: adrenal function is very compromised, there is a lot of kidney stress showing up, and I am quite dehydrated on a cellular level. I threw a bit of a hissy fit when he started talking about dehydration, because for four years now, I have been chugging gallons and gallons of water, to the point that I can hardly stand it any more! Since going raw, I have greatly reduced my water consumption, but I feel that I should still be quite hydrated, because I'm still running to the ladies room to pee continuously. Then he pointed out that drinking all this water might not help me anyway, because it's just going right through me (which, in my opinion, might be part of the problem with the kidney stress). So I can't understand how I am supposed to rehydrate my cells, what else can I do that I'm not already doing!

For pH levels - urine tests were 7.29 and 7.50 (2 tests), should have been 6.50 - 6.80. Saliva was 6.44, optimal 6.50 - 6.75, and blood came out to be 7.49 (should be 7.30 - 7.35). He was most worried because the urine tests should never come up that alkaline. This can be an indication that the kidneys aren't cleaning the blood adequately.

For rH2 levels (measurement of free radical activity) - urine tests were 26.9 amd 26.9 (same), should have been 22.5 - 24.5. Saliva was 22.9 (s.b. 21.5 - 23.5, so perfect), and blood was 26.2 (optimal would be 21.5 - 23.5). But, I did accidentally forget that I wasn't supposed to exercise the day before the test, and I went out rowing with the dragonboat team last night. He said that exercise might have stirred up a few free radicals, so this might be ok.

Lastly, for the R test (which measures relative mineral concentrations), I got a 90 and a 71 for urine (supposed to be 30 - 45), Saliva was 188 (excellent, should be from 180 - 220), and blood came up as 162 (should have been 190 - 210). Again, the result says that when the R value of the blood is depressed, it is most frequently caused by an inability of the kidney to adequately filter the blood. (or too many mineral supplements, but that is not the case)

This adrenal thing is aggravating - he says I am probably too stressed out by having four teenagers, and I need to get this under control. (HUH?) I don't imagine I will be any more or any less stressed any time soon than I am right now, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think I am very stressed out by them. I do worry a bit, but I think that is perfectly normal, is there any mom in the world worth her salt that doesn't?

Anyhow, he ended up telling me to try these supplements "Adren-Plus" (Chinese Thoroughwax root powder, Mexican yam extract, Siberian ginseng root extract, Korean Ginseng Root extract, Licorice root extract, curcuma, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide). There's 60 capsules, so at twice a day, I will be done in 30 days, but I can't afford to go back to have these tests redone (it cost $ 165.00), so hopefully it will be good for me.

If drinking water isn't enough to hydrate a person on a cellular level, what is a person supposed to do? This is driving me crazy! The naturopath said it may be a nutritional imbalance or something.

I don't know if I am even going to bother to go back and have this test again next year. Even though he seems to give me way more information than my regular doctor, I can't seem to figure out what to do about it!

Does anyone here have any experience with any of this, or any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
Sapphire

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biological Terrain Assessment
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2007 08:21PM

I know that we should not drink more than 1/2 cup of water a day. We aer not mammals with snouts.. we do not need as much water as you think. Most people should get the water from leafy greens. also.. most are water malabsorbant.

Date: March 08, 2007 08:42PM

You are right - I feel I don't need much more water than that these days, but when I was still eating a cooked food diet, I seemed to need a LOT of water.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 08, 2007 09:41PM

Dearest Sapphire,maybe your body is out of balance cause of all your cancer treatments and it is trying to still balance out?maybe the numbers they give are what people should be but how many people have the perfect scores of being exactly where they should be?? like the urine should be 22 but where 29.some of the things are not that bad off. u feel good-right? to be able to go out rowing?u know they told me i had cancer cause my uterus was too thick. at the time i said "it is right before my time of the month...does this matter?".nope they said.then when i did not have cancer-they acted so surprised.i told them it was right before-then they said it could make a difference.well-re-call the dr. and ask him what about the dehyration of water in your cells.do the herbs he gave u to take-help this?did u ask him what those herbs did??so is he saying u have a kidney disease?oh-gf..i think u handle your kids good.you have good kids.mine-are @#$%&! hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 08, 2007 09:50PM

"If drinking water isn't enough to hydrate a person on a cellular level, what is a person supposed to do?"

My personal experience has been that nothing hydrates me as deeply as ripe, sweet, juicy fruit.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: March 08, 2007 11:14PM

Thanks Rawgosia and Taylor,

You are probably right about the fruit. I have been eating tons of it, and that's why I haven't wanted much water lately, but I guess three months raw isn't yet enough to have made a difference. Patience, patience!

Sapphire

Date: March 09, 2007 02:33AM

Dearest Sapphire-i would look up each of the herbs he perscribed and see what they do for you.maybe that will give u a clue to what he is trying to do.well-good luck and take care Sapphire.keep us posted.did u get the pills he wanted u to take?hugs taylor

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 09, 2007 02:34AM

Sapphire,

These kinds of tests are designed to sell you supplements. Some "healers" will use the dark field microscopy or iridology or muscle testing (applied kinesiology) to do the same thing, that is, diagnose you for supposed problems and then offer a bunch of supplements that will fix you up.

You urine pH was just fine for a person eating a highly alkaline raw diet. The reason your urine was so alkaline is that you are eating a lot of alkaline foods, and the body will easily remove the excess minerals out through your urine. This person doing the diagnosis perhaps doesn't have much experience working with raw foodists and was alarmed at your alkalinity. 7.5 is not to high, and there is no need for concern or to take any supplements to correct this.

I would throw out your supplements. At best they are harmless, at worst they are stimulants to make you feel better. But like all stimulants, the price after the stimulation makes you feel worse than before you started.

Date: March 09, 2007 03:29AM

Thank you so much Bryan:

I am starting to become more and more convinced of exactly what you are saying - most of the supplements I was taking aren't really necessary. I've gone off pretty much everything except the Co-Q-10 (because of the supposed connection with breast cancer - don't want that to come back!), and the IP6-Inositol, same reason. And when these run out, I am going to take a very close look at my diet to see whether I think it is lacking anything before I buy anything else.

The herbs that he gave me were probably more about frustration at my bad attitude than anything - at first he wasn't going to do anything. He sat there, said I had problems with my kidneys, my adrenals and was dehydrated, but then wouldn't tell me what exactly I am supposed to be doing to correct all this! What is the use of getting tested for imbalances if you don't learn something from the whole process!

Anyhow, I finished my tantrum and was almost ready to leave, when he finally said there was one thing I could try, and showed me the one I described above, so I bought it. $20.00 magic bottle of pills.

I have unfortunately lost trust in my own ability to tell whether I am okay or not. When I found out I had cancer, I felt okay - thought I was fine, it was a big surprise. Hard to take all those awful treatments when you never really felt sick in the first place. Now it is hard for me to actually believe that just because I feel okay, and look okay that I might actually be okay. I need to convince myself that I am a better judge of that than any medical practitioner, alternative or otherwise. This is going to be a very big step for me, but I am getting there.

One thing I don't understand about the pH measurements - shouldn't the urine be the most acidic body fluid, being the one doing the elimination? Do I not understand this correctly?

You are right, he doesn't know a lot about raw food. When I told him about it, his first question was what I was doing to make sure to get enough protein, and salt. He thinks I don't get enough salt. I think he is a believer in the eat right 4 your (blood) type camp.

Oh well, I am sure it will all become clear to me one day!

Sapphire

Date: March 09, 2007 09:53AM

well-thanks Bryan,i wanted to say that about did she get the pills from him.That was what i thought too.i sure understand the worry of a cancer scare and u feeling good and now u doubt things that maybe or maybe not-be happening to your body.well-i am glad u brought this all up Sapphire-i learned alot.i did not know about the urine ph and what it should be for people eating raw.hope your mind is relieved.hugs taylor

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 11, 2007 10:11AM

hey Sapphire

i'm sorry you had to go through the trauma of cancer
and how it made you "mistrust" your instincts
i hope that you are continually able to heal from what you have been through emotionally, spiritually and in all other ways

peace
LV

Date: March 11, 2007 06:40PM

Bryan, do you believe that iridology or applied kinesiology is or can be valid? Is it just hooey, totally?

I was tested by an iridologist a few years ago, who successfully got me to buy as per her "prescription" about $10,000 or more's worth of this stuff that never worked in any way at all - oh, it was supposed to be so awesomely terrific.

More currently, I was tested by a kinesiologist, who wanted me to buy these "medical meals" from him - he was definitely an odious Blood Typer, wouldn't even let me be vegan, I needed fish oil and protein. Please! I just walked out after sneering at his little eat-typing. The iridologist let me eat vegan, but suggested I allow myself "healthy" brown rice meals!

My point is not, should we listen to their dietary advice? But do you think there's validity? How can muscle testing be explained and iridology be explained if they are scam "sciences"?

I have a huge difficulty believing that a food put in a Ziplock bag and held to my chest next to my winter coat is bad for me if I get a "weak" reaction and good for me if I get a "strong" reaction, and doesn't do anything for me one way or another if I "test the same" with it, but what else might be going on? I have just as big (but no bigger) trouble thinking the muscle testing differences are "all in my head", psychological.

I don't believe these people's findings, certainly not their recommendations, but I am a little starry-eyed about the methods themselves. It seems cool, as does the dark field stuff.

Sapphire, your pH sounds great to me. I wouldn't listen to any of these "professionals", or buy their supplements, unless they are at least raw-foodist. Live-live.com in New York City is a raw biological assessment service (as well as educational service and store and coaching, etc.), if you can get here.

xo Meg - nice you had us to reality-check with!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 06:44PM by TheStockholmSyndrome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables