Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food potluck
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 08, 2007 09:29PM

hi everyone!! i just wanted to share with u something i am getting ready to finally go do.i am going on sat.to a raw foodist potluck. i get to meet some raw foodist in person.also-i have cookies in the food dryer right now and i am making my first apple pie to take.do u think this is good enough to take.is it enough?should i include a fruit salad??thanks taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food potluck
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 08, 2007 09:39PM

Sounds great to me. I've tried raw apple pie. it's great. hope you have fun!

thanks, Laura T

Date: March 08, 2007 10:08PM

thank u Laura,i hope so too.yes-i am excited to do the apple pie.i will take pictures to show of the pie.and the cookies i am making.hugs taylor

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 08, 2007 10:11PM

Have fun? Sounds like a good thing to take. I love apple pie. I have made it twice.

Date: March 08, 2007 10:45PM

taylor, do you have the recipe for the raw apple pie? i would love to try to make it myself. thanks Laura

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 09, 2007 12:38AM

That's going to be so much fun! I'm sure what you're taking is fine without the fruit salad. There will be SO much food there. Be sure to let us know what your favorites are. Get recipes!! LOL...

I know there are raw potlucks in the Chicago area. When the weather gets warmer, I'm going to seek them out.

Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: March 09, 2007 01:40AM

Ooo, fun, Taylor!

There are some raw food potlucks tonight in Seattle, but I don't think I can go. Too much to do tonight. yawning smiley(

You'll have to have fun for both of us!

KathyT

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 09, 2007 01:47AM

Perfect choice. I love raw apple pie. Let us know how it goes

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 09, 2007 02:14AM

well-i made the cookies up that i am taking and hubby tasted one and he said it was good.now the pie.well-it is from a cookbook.i am following that one to the tee.it is your typical crust of blended up nuts and dates and press into a pie pan.then take some dates and lemon juice and some of the apples and cinnamon. blend to make a sauce.slice 8 apples(granny smith is favored in this recipe but any apple will do.)slice thin and mix with the sauce and put onto crust.chill
the cool part of this is i made up my cooky recipe-they want us to bring our recipes cause they are making a cookbook of our potluck recipes.so this should be fun.ok-i won't make a salad.i think only 9 to 11 say they will be there.so i don't know if that is the norm or not.taylor

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 09, 2007 02:21PM

I used to go to the SFLiFE pot lucks years ago. Yeah, so much food. It's pretty easy to eat too much. So just a taste of things that are appealing seems a wise thing to do. Please let us know how it went.

I just bought a 20 or more kilo box of apples. So an apple pie might be just what the "cook" ordered. I don't have dates but I do have dried persimmons. I think I'll give it a shot. But I don't have any idea when.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: March 09, 2007 06:19PM

thanks for the recipe taylor. sounds yummy!

Date: March 11, 2007 03:17AM

well guys! i am so sad. I did not get to go to the potluck. i got up at 4:30 a.m. today to make my apple pie.i had the cookies too. i was all excited.hubby has been sick all week but still going to work.by today,i thought he would be better.nope! worse.tonite.i cut the apple pie and gave him a piece. i took a tiny sliver to just try it.it is too many calories for me and my weight loss thing.well-that is the best pie i ever tasted in my life.wow!! hubby is sold on it.so now i have good recipe to wow people for the holidays.the funny thing is-i was only sick with sniffles this yr.and a bit tired out...for a couple of days.i have been around everyone and they are so sick.my little grandson has a horrid cough that sounds like it could turn serious.hubby too.he is down. i have not gotten it this yr.so amazing.and i have never ever had finger nails.now they are long and hard.i guess i just needed vitamins. i am so amazed.well-there is next month and i can go then.TroySantos-the dried persimmons sounds like it would be so good for a pie.yummy!! good idea.hugs taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables