Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

NEED TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE RAWEO'S...STAT!!!!
Posted by: brucet ()
Date: March 08, 2007 11:13PM

My wife and I go through Raweo's like it's going out of style. I'm talking 1 bag/2 days. The problem is that they are crazy expensive (almost $1 per cookie the size of a quarter!). Can someone please help me with some direction as to how to make them? A recipe, guidance, anything would help. For reference they are made with soaked almonds, cashews, raw honey, lightly roasted carob (is this even raw!?!), coconut and cinnamon.

Please help, we've gotta keep the Raweo monkey on our backs!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NEED TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE RAWEO'S...STAT!!!!
Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: March 09, 2007 12:22AM

where do you get them, as in what kind do ya get?

Posted by: brucet ()
Date: March 09, 2007 12:28AM

we get them from Whole Foods, the Ohh So Fudge, The regular kinds, and the Chai types. They are all awesome, but they are just too expensive. My wife and I are all about supporting these producers, but we are not all about getting ripped off.

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 09, 2007 12:35AM

You're probably going to have to experiment. Usually ingredients are listed on the package in order of volume. But I'm not sure why coconut is so low on the list. But here's a guess as to the recipe. At any rate, I'm pretty sure these won't turn out bad!

1 c. almonds
1/2 c. cashews
1/2 c. coconut
1/2 c. honey
1/4-1/2 c. carob (and no, roasted anything is not raw but you can get raw carob)
1 t. cinnamon
Frosting
1/2 c. cashews
1/2 c. honey

Blend first 6 in food processor. Dehydrate on teflex until firm. Turn over on screen and dehydrate another 2 hours to finish. Meanwhile blend last two ingredients. Frost.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2007 04:51PM

Why do you enjoy eating something that is bad for you. Cashews are poisonous.. They have a poisonous barb on them.. animals in nature wont even touch them.

They are addictive.. Why support a company that sells drugs? Cashews are a drug.

Rawgetarian.com

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 09, 2007 08:35PM

OH my goodness f off rawvegetarian. If you don't like them don't eat them and keep it to yourself.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 09, 2007 08:58PM

Agreed - stop heckling people! When they ask further information of you, even, you are UNABLE to tell them. You just harangue people. What is your problem? It's not the spirit of this board to fire cannonballs at people (substance-less ones) because they eat pineapples or Raweos or carrots - are you capable of intelligently helping people to make decisions that such foods might be compromising their health significantly? If not (and clearly you aren't), leave them alone. Start your own "Symbiotic" food board and people can join that if they want to and like your, uh, style. If you can't intelligently educate people, stop telling everyone that what he and she is doing - everything from being thin to running to juicing to eating raw cashews - is BAD and WRONG. By the way, why are you unable to teach intelligently? Why CAN'T you give constructive information? You attack us all about colonies and water, but when people ask, you are incapable of giving information - why? Don't talk about things that you are not going to be able to give information about. I just do not understand you and am not sure I should be trying to.

If you can't be intelligent, be nice; if you can't be nice, be intelligent; and if you can't be either, keep your opinions to yourself, as Starfruit rightly suggests. If you have something coherent to teach, learn some diplomacy (consideration) and stop saying the same things over like an automaton that breaks down when people actually try to dialogue with it.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 10, 2007 12:31AM

Pam,

Thanks for posting the recipe. I'm going to try it.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 10, 2007 07:43AM

I 3rd the first two...you need to get a grip on reality you are rude and ignorant....you are in no way helpful or even polite....i think you should just stick to worrying about your own life and if you want to be rude and say things that are inappropriate then get your own site..
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 11, 2007 01:17AM

Greenie,

Thanks for saying thanks. smiling smiley Let me know how they turn out. They'll probably need a tweak or two.

Pam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 01:18AM by Pam.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 11, 2007 02:51AM

Pam,
I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks, I'll try when I return and let you know.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: March 13, 2007 03:59AM

Hey! I went to Whole Foods today and looked at the stuff in the raw aisle, and the Raweos were 10.00!!!!!!!!!! For about 10 cookies or something like that!!! OMG!!!!!!!! :O I looked at the recipe someone posted below, and it sounds yummy...for the filling you could try using macadamias and either agave or dates for sweetness, instead of almonds or cashews. The macs give it a more "cream filling"-like taste when a little vanilla is added to it as well. I'm going to try this with the chocolate coconut cookies I made. Good luck w/ the recipe and let us know how it turns out!
Dafodil

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: March 14, 2007 10:32PM

Sorry, but just because something is raw doesn't mean it is good. I understand rawgetarian might not have been helpful, but no need to say certain choice words.

Maybe some more informative information would be useful? Seek out for yourselves about "raw" cashews and other ingredients, but remember not to overeat the raw junk foods...yes there is such a thing. Try hand shelling nuts and you will realize how many you would be eating in nature.

Date: March 15, 2007 01:39AM

Abc123, I guess we sometimes get frustrated with the self-righteousness. I would bet that most of the people participating in this forum are of above average intelligence. Yes, we know that not all raw foods are good for you. However, raw is a journey for many of us. If you have arrived, fine, good for you. I applaud you. Many of us have not, however. And some of us are loving the journey trying some things that help us transition. If you or rawgeterian have something to contribute in a constructive manner, most of us are more than willing to listen. Having the information lets people make informed decisions. But rawgetarian and no one else on this forum has a right to be condescending. It doesn't fly here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2007 01:52AM by Pam.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables