Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sensitive Teeth Diet?
Posted by: nik ()
Date: March 09, 2007 01:10AM

My teeth have gotten very sensitive lately. They are sensitive to almost everything I eat. Including all the fruits, citrus, nuts, seeds, and smoothies etc.

What can I do to help with the sensitivity? I'm afraid if I gave up everything I ate that makes them feel sensitive that I would starve and go hungry. I don't even like leaves, I certainly couldn't live on them alone. HELP!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sensitive Teeth Diet?
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 09, 2007 03:08PM

There is hope. At least I'm hoping there is hope. I have neglected my teeth (and general health for years and years) and now I'm paying for it both figuratively and literally.

Might be interested in these websites.

[www.paradisenow.net] Salt water rinsing, among other things. In addition, I brush my teeth with bamboo salt. Koreans say it's really good for your health and I've read online that it's good for remineralizing teeth!

As far as diet, it might be this site or the one below that says if teeth are too sensitive, or is it too loose, to chew food, then blend it and drink it. The article I'm thinking of says that it's important though to get that food in direct contact with food though. So, before swallowing it, let it wallow in your mouth a bit, hang around and get to know your teeth, tongue, and other inhabitants of your mouth, before sending it down the slippery slide! To paraphrase someone, "Drink what you eat, and eat what you drink."

[oramedia.com] There are lots of really interesting articles here. This is not a do-it-yourself kind of taking care of your teeth. There's lots here just the same.

[gerardjudd.com] I haven't yet read this. The lady that started the ToothSoap stuff got lots and lots of her information from this guy. Just from reading her little booklet, this guy's probably worth reading.

[www.iaomt.org] I read what they have about amalgam fillings but there's lots more.

And of course there is so much more on the internet. I decided that these were worth bookmarking so these are what I'm sending to you. Look around through Google and you'll find more than you can manage.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: March 10, 2007 01:39AM

My teeth have been sensitive too. They say you have to have total body health to have good teeth. Stress, too little or too much exercise, not enough sunshine, all could contribute.

Sometimes I think maybe all the oxalic acid in some greens takes away calcium and other minerals from our body. When a green is bitter might be a way to tell if it has alot of oxalic acid.

Are nuts,which are acid forming, bad for our teeth and body? Does your body have to use calcium stores on the acid, leaving less for repair on your teeth?

I have also read that chewing is very important.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 10, 2007 02:32AM

the first thing I spotted on oramedia:

"Suffering cavities and/or gum problems is a communicable disease... you catch it from someone else by kissing, using contaminated eating or drinking utensils, etc."

NOT

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 11, 2007 12:33AM

You might want to cut back on citrus-- too much can cause tooth problems. And getting plenty of greens with your fruit is really beneficial to the teeth. My understanding is that fruits eaten alone don't have so many of the materials our teeth need to stay healthy and mineralized, and greens help because they contain lots of minerals and vitamins.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables