Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

First day 100%!
Date: March 09, 2007 03:19PM

I will probably start a diary, but I just wanted to post "hi" here - my name is Megan and for a few years I have been raw throughout the day, eating (really, bingeing unwillingly) on vegan cooked for an evening meal. Today I am giving this addiction up. I just can't think clearly or have any energy to do things when I eat ANYTHING, so I always juice throughout the day (I prefer green juice only, to keep as sharp and functional as possible). I'll be continuing to do this, but then for dinner will try having fresh organic high-water fruit for dinner. I will probably end up eating a daytime fruit meal. This way is without overt fats and without superfoods supplementation, and in time I may have to make changes, but I am going to try it for a few months. I really need the green juice during the day to feel nourished. That is the health and nutrition arm of my plan. The emotional-eating/bingeing arm is the fruit later in the day, when I need to "veg out". It will take determination to try it out because I don't care for fruit/sweet very much, except for summer fruits like melons that are still a while off!

Warm sunny thoughts to all raw vegans!

Megs

I do not know how to post a picture, but I am five foot three, 106 currently in weight, brown hair I may grow longer, no "make-up" ever, Tencel cords "chic".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: First day 100%!
Posted by: Felix ()
Date: March 09, 2007 05:17PM

Wish you success! I'm sure you will get a lot of support from people here. Keep us updated on how you are doing. smiling smiley

Date: March 09, 2007 05:33PM

That's friendly of you - thank you! I hope I have success, too. I think that when one goes 100%, all one's devils come out. All the stuff comes up. It's difficult!

I will report it as it goes along and I hope to inspire those who find it difficult and think that maybe they CAN'T do it.

As they say, if I can do it, you can, too.

I am just not quite certain which "way" is going to be really, real-time workable for me in an actual-factual way, not just in my head or on paper but day to day.

Thank you for the welcome, Felix. I think I was reading old posts of yours - was it about acid reflux? Did that resolve?

Meg - by the way, I chose "The Stockholm Syndrome" as a username because I think that this society itself loves its abusers - namely, "its sugar", "its salt", "its bread", "its caffeine", its even worse things I won't mention...And those of us who are not quite raw or long-term raw are the ones who know and are struggling against this disorder, like beaten spouses or children who still stay in the home where they are dissed and in danger...and going to be killed sooner or later someday soon.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 09, 2007 11:46PM

Yeah, I wish you the best. You seem to be a really sensible person. I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for joining the group.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: March 10, 2007 06:39PM

My second day is rough - I started a fast, but I keep staring at these pears I have all around - I have literally 25 pounds of unripe pears I just bought. They have been here for five days and are still rock solid. Yesterday I ate some anyway and got farty all day - it felt disgusting. I have read that eating under-ripe fruit is as bad as eating over-ripe fruit - maybe worse. It still is starchy. But it is better than eating something cooked, isn't it? Or is it?

I have started to think of food already. I think I would eat, but I don't want another day of unripe pears in my stomach. I am having a lot of trouble staying raw today - I joined a "secular recovery" group for alcoholics and explained that I was trying to give up cooked food - they were really nice about it. They said we have a lot in common, and they are absolutely right!

Their motto is "don't use, NO MATTER WHAT"!

xo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 11, 2007 10:08AM

Stockholm Syndrome:

<<by the way, I chose "The Stockholm Syndrome" as a username because I think that this society itself loves its abusers - namely, "its sugar", "its salt", "its bread", "its caffeine", its even worse things I won't mention...And those of us who are not quite raw or long-term raw are the ones who know and are struggling against this disorder, like beaten spouses or children who still stay in the home where they are dissed and in danger...and going to be killed sooner or later someday soon.>>

obviously u love sources of vibrance and radiance as well but
maybe "Sunshine Syndrome" doesn't sound as provocative ? ha ha ha ha ha!!

i'll call you Stockhom Syndrome anyways
i don't argue with what people wanna call themselves

its yer call meg

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 11, 2007 01:23PM

Megs:

Remember: If you become VERY uncomfortable...then crank back to a level that you ARE comfortable with and stretch from there. There are no raw food police (except for LaV!) and people on this wonderful board support YOUR goals. Don't hold yourself to some guru's ideal....or even what you 'think' the raw food diet is. Just put one foot in front of the other - you know? That's challenge enough! Ha! ha!

-Power and success to you.

-David Z. Mason

Date: March 11, 2007 03:35PM

Merci bouquet, DZM - power's not something I associate with myself. Nor success! But...maybe raw will change that. I quite feel the "raw" is not a problem, but I wonder if I couldn't be more relaxed about the how of staying raw, the Tao of How. I could trust myself...I mean, I don't like salt and I couldn't ever eat a lot of dates regularly, or make a regular habit of eating whole jars of nut butter, so maybe I could just let myself ease in to the reality of living raw by eating any kind of fruit or vegetable that I THINK I might be craving. And if it is a mistake, just let it be a minor mistake without turning it into a big mistake. For instance, I have been thinking a lot about cauliflower. Maybe I should just let myself eat cauliflower! And then stop when that thingie happens - you know, that thingie sensation when something decadently fun switches to being dark - stop AT THAT MOMENT. Yesterday, I had pears even though I meant to do a juice fast - at first, it was "ahh", but then after 4 of them (I'd set aside 7 to eat), I'd had enough, and I stopped! This is what (or one of the things) I like about raw foods! There are audible voices saying to stop and you can heed them with no will power. You don't need will power to follow their advice!

There's a faction of people who say that people who have emotional eating and bingeing problems should let themselves freely eat whatever they want. I very, very strongy disagree with this, but the idea is that if they do this long enough, guiltlessly enough, they will calm down and naturally lose cravings and turn to less damaging eating as a by-product of having learned self-cherishing. I am really, really against this! But there is a faction of fat happy people who swear by it and say it saved their lives after lifetimes of suicidal struggle. I wonder if I can't learn something by it and do something similar with raw. I have heard of raw-foodists going through phases of gorging on salads until they just naturally don't feel like it, then going through an "orange phase" where all they eat and feel like eating is oranges - trusting raw and the body, rather than some plan, some study, some person's program, some half-remembered words about what someone said was bad or good, ruinous or miraculous. It's an interesting idea, and I wonder if it isn't a very grown-up idea, more grown-up than I can handle.

But I went off on a Tristram Shandy - grazie for the friendly, welcoming, accepting encouragement! I will try to do you proud.

La Veronique, I've had run-ins with the police, and you are the nicest, and I am sure sveltest, one I know. I think there should be a heart-wrenching triple-hankie feel-good caper flick about people trying to break IN to raw food prison. Called THE PINEAPPLE REDEMPTION. Word.

xo

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 11, 2007 11:38PM

Stockholme,

I feel your struggle, I suffer from the stockholme syndrome of cooked food in the evenings in particular. My abusers are steamed brussell sprouts potatoes and Becel.

I am always reminded of the parallels of eating raw to spiritual discipline (or any kind of discipline I guess).

Dealing with cravings frequently reminds me of the famous Buddhist tale of the Ox Herder. That great teaching hits home for me but most important reminds me to be patient.

Date: March 12, 2007 02:28AM

stockholm,

Pineapple Redemption World?

if its playin...

buy me a ticket !

Date: March 17, 2007 02:35PM

dulset

<<<reminds me of the famous Buddhist tale of the Ox Herder. That great teaching hits home for me but most important reminds me to be patient.>>

i wanna know about the tale of the ox herder
its so famous
that i don't know about it .....
yetsmiling smiley

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: March 20, 2007 07:08PM

Hi Good Luck starting. As a suggestion you might want to add some avocado to your green juices for more calories and sustenence.

Best Wishes,
Cecilia

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 20, 2007 09:47PM

Stockholmsyndrome - Some day I plan to be where you are. I, too, love being liberated from food through raw. I can overeat on raw and I need this while transitioning. When I am finished with something raw I am finished. I could eat cooked food all day, everyday, even though I am not hungry. One day something might be the best thing in the world, like a juicy peach, the next day I want salad. One time I could not quit eating figs. I was eating tons of them every day for about three weeks. I think I needed the calcium. I love how my body is able to communicate to me now. I can feel myself healing with it. Thanks for sharing your story because it helps to see where I am headed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables