Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

colon cleansing question
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: March 13, 2007 04:26AM

I read that a person should not attempt a deep colon cleanse to get rid of the "post-putrefaction" matter without detoxing for at least 1 year or more. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? I read that the old matter is like rubber or hockey pucks coming out (UGH!) but most people cannot pass it with out a colonic or years of pre-cleansing....I would like to do a deep cleanse w/ psyllium and bentonite, but hear its risky for "newbies". Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks-
Dafodil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: colon cleansing question
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 13, 2007 04:37AM

A deep colon cleanse it not necessary if you are going on the raw diet. Eating as much fiber as there is on the raw diet will clean out your colon well enough. If you really want to do such a cleanse, you can, but again, it is totally unnecessary. Eat a lot of fresh whole fruits and vegetables, and you will feel great without doing a cleanse.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: March 13, 2007 04:54AM

Thanks for the advice Bryan! I'll just go with the raw thing and see how that works!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 13, 2007 09:43AM

I agree with Bryan. Colonic Hydrotherapy or other 'cleansing' should be an adjunct to an already very healthy diet - not a pre-requisite. Just my opinion.

-David Z. Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables