Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Foods in Southern California?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 13, 2007 05:40PM

I recently tried the Raw Cafe in Las Vegas, and absolutely loved it.

I have spent the last two weeks investigating "Raw food" and am trying to make the transition.

The problem is, from what I've read, it is difficult to find "raw foods" that are truly raw.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shopping locations where I can find ingredients? I know of Juliano's in Santa Monica, and that Mother's Markets as well as Whole Foods has some, but I am having trouble discriminating what is really raw when it isn't marked "raw" (I know that Juliano's stuff is all raw, but he is quite a ways away). Any suggestions/brands/stores that I can find in the OC/LA area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Foods in Southern California?
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 13, 2007 05:50PM

hi phish phood, i love in huntington beach and have found a couple of raw restaurants around here. GOOD MOOD FOOD is a great place and they sell quite a few of their products which are all raw. also AU LAC is a good restaurant. they have a great variety of entrees. most of what i tried was great.

thanks, Laura T.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 13, 2007 06:00PM

I Think they have fruits and vegetables in California.

no?
IMHO

for 'raw' pre-packaged stuff it would have to say 'raw' and argueably have to be refrigerated in many cases, except if it was some dehydrated thing. If you have the dough, you could try ordering from Rawvolution for gourmet delivery, they are based out of LA I think. From what I hear, its very heavy on the spices and condiments, but also lots of emphasis on vegetables and probably good for transitioning.

Posted by: Joe Gray ()
Date: March 13, 2007 10:52PM

I buy almost everything I eat from the farmers market. Picked fresh yesterday or that morning.
It's easy being raw in Southern Cali!

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 14, 2007 05:29AM

yes, where do u live?

there is a farmers market wednesdays and saturdays in santa monica, there is one one on fridays i know of in venice, in the summer time they are once a week in northridge on thursdays and in simi valley once a week on fridays, and there is one once a week in thousand oaks on thursday.. i think u can do a search for farmers markets in la on google.

there are also a lot of raw eateries out here i think too. I only know of a couple.

good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2007 06:13AM

Ah, thanks for the responses!! I was looking into going to the fullerton farmers market next thursday in hopes to find something there.

I guess my hardest thing to find is raw beans and stuff. I've found almonds and pecans and other nuts at Whole Foods/Mother's Market, but can't find beans that I *know* are raw (I would like to sprout!).

I've been to Au Lac a few times, as I am a vegetarian.. unfortunately I didn't know how long raw food took to make, and it took over 45 minutes last weekend for my "I love you" and there ended up being a rock (stuck to a piece of kelp) that I bit into.. and then a bunched up paper towel in my food sad smiley needless to say I was sad and didn't finish it.. but they do have lots of goodies.. addicted to flax crackers!

My dehydrator just came today, so I will start dehydrating some fruits/veggies tomorrow so I have things to munch on. I love testing things out and experimenting with food. I bought a book in Vegas and am glad to see there are plenty of places like this website to go to, and lots of online recipes!!

Soo.. anyone want to go shopping with me? smiling smiley

P.S. I live in Yorba Linda and commute to Los Angeles Monday-Friday. I have a Prius though, so I don't waste tooo much on gas!!

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 14, 2007 07:21PM

wow, that sucks about au lac. i haven't personally had a bad experience there . the few things i've had were good. i'm addicted to pistachio bread. yummy. mother's market is usually pretty good. haven't been there in a while. have you tried good mood food? there's one i huntington and irvine. i've enjoyed most of what they have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables