Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: And so it is - Fruit indeed CAN be the enemy
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: March 15, 2007 02:07AM

Kwan, it's nice to have a people here who understand. smiling smiley

Woops, Sunshine79, I had you mixed up with someone else. grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: March 15, 2007 05:08AM

I've never been able to figure out why I have had such an aversion to fruit - all my life. I'm not a picky eater, either. I'll eat most anything - always did (until I woke up and became vegan, of course).

But 99.9999% of the time, I would choose veggies over fruit, or at least tomatoes, cucumber, peppers over sweet fruits. I STILL don't know why. I have to make myself eat fruits. I even enjoy the taste of the fruit while I'm eating it, but I don't feel as good afterwards. If I make a smoothie, it HAS to have some green powder, greens and carob or mesquite in it, or else I feel kind of sick afterwards.

For years it was one of my familie's jokes about me being the only vegan in the world that didn't like fruit. It's hard to explain - it wasn't that I didn't like it, it was that I didn't WANT it. Does that make sense to anyone?

Some days after having a smoothie, I feel like I HAVE to have some salt - less than 1/8 of a teaspoon - just a few grains, really. But that somehow makes me feel right after having sweet fruit.

I hope that if I stay raw for long enough, I will change and start to actually want fruit. So, I keep having 5 pieces per day (most days) and am working on lowering my fat intake (not so easy for me) and hopefully I'll get there. But if not - I'll just keep eating what my body wants - low sugar fruits and greens and veggies and nuts and seeds. Could be worse, ya know?

Most definately, we all need to follow our own inner guidance - most of those who post here and eat a high fruit diet took some time (years) to get there.

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 16, 2007 12:34AM

alive!

Did you read the links all the way in the beginning? They expalin why some of us are averse to fruit.... as for fat intake, I suspect that people who can't tolerate a lot of sweet fruit, are the ones who aren't bothered by fat.

From an evolutionary standpoint it makes sense to me that perhaps sugar levels as found in modern fruit have skyrocketed before our bodies could evolve to devolp the capacity to metabolize it all. Some people can, some people can't. It's like how Asian people can't metabolize alcohol while most of the rest of the world can, but recent genetic evidence shows that they are now developing that capability.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables