Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Emotional detox?
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: March 17, 2007 08:37PM

For the past week I have been increasing my fruit intake, dropping nuts and greens.9
Most of the time I feel really good, very calm and happy.

However, When a stressor hits (even a slightly mild one) i have noticed that I become very angry.

In fact i fall into a deep rage! The anger does not last long but it is rather out of character for me.

Although i have eaten a raw for some time (with the occasional cooked slip up) I have never eaten just fruit for a week before,

I am very aware of the physical detox symptoms my body is going through. It feels like a deeper level of cleansing than i have experienced before

Im just wondering if these angry outbursts could be emotional detox or maybe I am i turning into a an angry raging thing!

I have stepped up my exercise levels to see if this helps
Im just wondering if others have experienced this

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Emotional detox?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 17, 2007 08:40PM

Yes. Accept your anger - and care for it - even though you don't approve. You can try to feel it out. Are you angry at a person? One of your parents perhaps? What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 17, 2007 08:49PM

Sounds great to me.

The quickest and most complete way to release the anger (or any emotion) is to let yourself notice the energy/feel of it and just allow it to release. The less you get into your head (i.e. who am I angry at, why, etc.) the quicker it will pass through. It's just energy and if you don't try to clamp it down, repress, defend, justify, explain or understand it, it will dissolve. You don't have to express it either, you can just allow it to move out as it will.

In my experience, it's not necessary to have anger in order to change whatever is 'causing' the anger. Actually, when I'm angry, it clouds my mind and makes me less able to make changes. If something is 'making' you angry, releasing the energy of anger first makes it easier to create the changes.

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: March 17, 2007 10:07PM

Hi, Lorretta. . .

I remember the exact same thing happened to me when I went fruity. It was so surprising and weird because, like you, I was never an angry person.

I started to notice it would happen like say the day before my body would have a major elimination, so I think it was gathering gunk to get rid of. In fact, I started to believe and understand that it was caused mainly by salt in my system.

Anyway, eventually it stopped happening for good and now I am only mellow, baby. Very peaceful. Love it.

Hope this helps. . .

Love,
Julie

Date: March 17, 2007 10:53PM

Lovely responses, thank you.

This experience does feel like an emotional detox. Like a real deep cleanse.
I'm OK with it. I'm keeping a diary, looking for patterns but not trying to attach the anger or try and find a cause.

I was just curious. Wondered if others had experienced similar.

FruityJules

I know that i have been gathering gunk most of the week. It feels like I'm about to throw off some very toxic stuff.

My skin has started to itch, spots appearing and i am becoming quite irritable.
Its kind of exciting because i know that my body is cleansing old suppressed stuff.
I'm embracing the process.

Its helps know that you experienced a similar reaction and mellow won out!
I appreciate your post.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 17, 2007 11:44PM

>My skin has started to itch, spots appearing and i am becoming quite irritable.
>Its kind of exciting because i know that my body is cleansing old suppressed stuff.
>I'm embracing the process.

Sounds like an allergy to me, not a cleansing reaction.

You can test this by rubbing a small piece of each fruit you eat on your skin and monitoring the response.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 18, 2007 01:04AM

I too feel cranky and irritable sometimes and I figure it's just because I'm not giving in to my usual cravings for fatty salty food like I was before. I take it as one of the challenges of transitioning my diet to a raw and healthy one. When any addict comes off their drug they get cranky too. Quitting smoking can make people very irritable.

I also once read an interesting theory that parasites or (was it candida) can exert some influence on our minds to keep from dying out. "eat those Oreos, you'll feel better, much better.... go ahead and eat them heh heh heh..."

I agree with greenie, you gotta try to ride out that energy.

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: March 18, 2007 04:17AM

You should go do something else to release the anger. Play piano, play your favorite sport or something

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 18, 2007 04:33AM

yell

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 18, 2007 04:45AM

call it whatever u want

it just is

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: March 19, 2007 12:16AM

you might want to look into EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). Free videos can be viewed here: [www.tapping.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 20, 2007 11:08AM

The anger has settled. The physical symptoms of elimination are now in full swing!
Im only drinking water and taking plenty of rest, waiting for this to pass.
It is an amazing experience and i feel so much more connected and at peace, despite the physical discomforts.

Thanks for all your posts.

flex4life
Thanks for suggesting EFT.
I have used it in the past with good results.
Thank you for bringing it back to my attention.

I hadn't actually thought about trying to help release the anger, i was too busy watching the pattern develop! Just got too tied up in my head about what was happening to me!

The chakra clearing routine felt really good to do. I haven't encountered that particular procedure before. I'm sure its helped.

I can now see very clearly as la_veronique stated 'Call it what you want, it all just is'!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2007 12:54PM

WOW. I'm new to this forum today and glad to hear someone else is going through the anger. I have 4 kids and I'm usually pretty mellow. I've been snapping at the little things, especially with the youngest (8 years old).

I hope it passes soon!

Thanks for listening.
Angelissima

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 21, 2007 06:40AM

Let it out, and be the you you can't escape from

Date: March 21, 2007 11:37AM

The anger was a short lived experience.

Im fine now.

Back to 'normal'

My old mellow self again!

Im so pleased that i posted this thread as i have learnt so much from it.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to post a reply.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:51PM

Hey,

I'm completely new here, but I just wanted to comment.

Your blood sugar could have been going off during the switch. I know when my blood sugar is off I'm cranky- and it always happens when I detox. Everyone is different though- I tend to have moods and anxiety when I get too much sugar in my diet (and yet sugar my addiction too).

It also could be the psychological attachment you have to certain foods.

I was watching a video that makes me want to go vegan; I don't have the link handy, but the video talked at length how things like cheese, chocolate, meat and sugar can have an opiate effect on our brains. Your brain is probably missing a typical food you enjoy.

I will go find the link and post it in a new topic.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 22, 2007 03:41AM

grains also have opioids i think. i remember feeling really happy and mellow from oatmeal!!

of course, now my drug of choice is durian LOL

Not that I encourage the idea of using food as medicine, but I'll be honest and say that certain fruits, like bananas and durian, make me feel calmer and happier. Bananas make me feel more balanced, and Durian has tryptophan which is one of those happy substances.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 22, 2007 05:05AM

anger is not a bad thing
everyone has it
and for good reason
better to just let it go through you
it just wants to express itself
like a fine artist wants to express itself

so just

let it

( just remove all fine china, porcelain, and people from your vicinity if its gonna be a hurricane smiling smiley

and enjoy the experience
ha ha ha ha!

don't be ashamed or perturbed by any of your emotions
they are natural

like the four seasons

you can't have summer without winter
don't try to stop the winter

you can't have winter without a blazing summer
don't try to pour water on the sun

it will blaze and blaze
if u think of anger as heat

that's all it is

let it blaze and blaze
then... sooner or later
it will shine instead of blazing

but u have to let it blaze first

or else one could spend their entire lives trying to analyze it
or try to prevent it

i'm not saying to go out and harm others
best to have a sense of decorum

but its best to just let it have its way
and do its thing

then you can move onto spring

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables