Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

allergic to fruit?
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 22, 2007 07:00PM

hello all, i was wondering if anyone was allergic to fruit. i think i may be. i had beern eating a lot of fruit for a few das and my allergies went crazy. as soon as i stopped eating fruit, they all went away. does that mean i'mallergic to fruit or is that just a coincidence. i do get hayfever this time of year but it just seemed weird that as soon as i stopped eating fruit for just one day, all my allergies completely went away. i love fruit too and that's what was keeping me raw. now i don't know what to do. sos!!

thanks, Laura

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: allergic to fruit?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 22, 2007 07:04PM

i posted some info about this a week or so ago.. here is the link to it within this forum... essentially it could be the pollen from other plants cross contaminating your fruit

hope it helps smiling smiley

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 22, 2007 08:01PM

-Fruit is also very cleansing and may be triggering more acute detox symptomology that you are interpreting as allergies. You might want to focus more on veggies and try more fruit again in 6 months and see what happens! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 22, 2007 08:02PM

What type of fruit were you eating? You might just be having a reaction to 1 kind.

KelBel

Date: March 22, 2007 08:18PM

well, i've been eating mainly melons, bananas, grapes,apples, pineapple, peaches, and nectarines. those are easy access for me. thanks everyone. i'll have to keep fruit to a low key for while and see. i just love fruit though. waaaah.

Posted by: oregonisaac ()
Date: March 22, 2007 08:19PM

My mother lost the liver enzyme that breaks down fructose after her last pregnancy, she experiences low energy and sick feeling with a small amount of fructose unless it is small enough to burn off.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 22, 2007 08:39PM

how do you lose the enzyme? wow thats bizarre !!!

the human body is truly amazing lol smiling smiley

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 23, 2007 03:50AM

what other foods are you eating during the day? i find that i can eat lots of fruit if i just eat fruit and follow food combining, eating fat at the end of the day if at all. but if i don't follow food combining and i eat fruit with things it doesn't mix with (or even 2 fruits that don't mix well), i get "allergic reactions". Food combining is my friend.

Love,
Uma

Date: March 23, 2007 05:05PM

well those 2 days i only ate fruit. maybe i shouldn't be eating the fruits i have been all together. i don't know. i'll have to do the process of elimination for now. thanks everyone.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 25, 2007 03:13AM

oh if you were eating only fruit, and you normally eat other foods, this is a very cleansing diet so it can bring up detox then when you eat something heavier the symptoms can go away. this happens to me sometimes.

love,
uma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables