Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Problem with a canker sore. Is fruit acid hindering healing?
Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 22, 2007 11:20PM

Almost 2 weeks ago I bit the inside of my mouth near my lip. A few days later it developed into a canker sore. A BIG ONE! Now it won't heal at all almost 2 weeks later.

Someone suggested it could be the acids in the fruits. Could this keep it from healing properly? ANYTHING that touches it hurts, including water. Eating is agony! Suggestions or comments anyone?

KelBel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with a canker sore. Is fruit acid hindering healing?
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 23, 2007 12:02AM

Removing the "s" from swell spells well.

I would quit the acid fruits only because they are causing you pain, not because they are slowing the healing. I don't believe water would cause as much pain as juicy pineapple

I've found things on or in your mouth just take a dam long time to heal, raw or not, maybe someone else has other experience. I ate a bunch of kiwis recently and they really bothered my lips, I can't say if it was some kind of alergy or if it was rubbing against the corseness of the skins as I ate the juicy.

if you are eating a bunch during the day, maybe try to eat 1 or 2 large meals just so it has time to itself.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 23, 2007 01:47AM

I have gotten those a lot in the past. The only advise I have is cold sore medicine heals them quickly. Sorry, I have no idea about helping with diet. I hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: March 23, 2007 03:40PM

I often bite the inside of my mouth, especially when eating acidic fruit like grapes. But it heals very fast. I've ben almost 100 % raw for about a year now. I also eat lots of greens and lots of bananas.

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 23, 2007 03:47PM

I agree with anaken about the pain. It is not caused by the fruits, but if any of the fruits cause pain, certainly avoid them until the sore heals. The canker sores are caused by your body detoxing various things in your body. This is a symptom that is healing your body by removing poisons, and really it is the most beneficial if the body continues this until done. Avoid taking medications to close or heal the wonds, and this leaves the toxins in the body rather than letting them be removed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables