Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dr.Graham book 80/10/10
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 23, 2007 08:49PM

DR. Grahams book 80/10/10

Has anyone read it?
Would that be a good book for a type2 diabetic?
Are there any other books you like?

Thanks tadey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr.Graham book 80/10/10
Posted by: Felix ()
Date: March 23, 2007 11:20PM

In my opinion, it is one of the best. Also Victoria Boutenko's, "Green For Life."

I also think, if you read some previous posts, there is a similar topic, with lots of opinions.

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:59AM

This would be the most excellent book for a type 2 diabetic to read. I loved the book!

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: March 24, 2007 03:56AM

i read this book over and over....i love it....

it has been the best read for me in my optimal health endevor

The best book I have ever found realtive to raw.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:34PM

After eight years of searching...to my experience and perception, Graham has brought the pieces together into one solid, accurate core. I did all the rest - Cousens etc. None of then did it for me. I ended up unbalanced and binging. Graham has pulled together natural common sense. What he offers is the obvious Truth. It works. It has worked for me where nothing else has.

Posted by: ella ()
Date: March 24, 2007 05:45PM

where can i buy his book? i think i already eat this way however... except maybe more greens? is the 80% for just fruit or is that vegetables & fruit?

photos

Posted by: ella ()
Date: March 24, 2007 06:23PM

got it! smiling smiley

photos

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 25, 2007 03:04AM

Ditto what Piano Gal said!

Love,
Uma

Posted by: uti ()
Date: March 25, 2007 09:45AM

I'll have to add my 2 cents and say that 8-/10/10 is the only raw food or diet and health improvment book that I have wanted to read cover to cover, did so and enjoyed the read as well as learned more than all my previous readings. What I mean by that is that this book tied a lot of loose ends together for me from things I had read over the years. All the other raw diet books I have recently read had something that didn't resonate with me at a core level, like Cousens, or were simply limited in scope.

When reading Graham (and I love this guy personally) I always try to remember that he has been healthy and athletic for most of his life and I came around to healthier ways much later in life and have a different approach to physical activity, namely my hatha yoga practice, which sources in a non-athletic paradigm. So I adjust what he writes to fit my own needs. That doesn't mean he's wrong, it means what he advocates is a starting poing for a personal exploration. That's a mark of true excellence in my opinion.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 26, 2007 05:31AM

Actually I think Doug had some health challenges as a youth. I don't remember how old he was when he started on his healing path but he certainly wasn't free from health problems.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 26, 2007 03:22PM

Just listened to the podcast again a little while ago. He says that when he was 16, I think, he was only interested in athletics. But he became determined to learn all about health, and to help others become healthy. It was only after he started living more healthily that he saw all these conditions that he'd had. And that they started going away. I think he said he had arthritis at 16!

The man spoke of having read an amazing number of books. 40 alone of Herbert Shelton! He said that Shelton made so much sense. That Shelton had pretty much said it all, and gotten it all right. I'm paraphrasing and sure, I might be getting some of this wrong. But this is pretty much the gist of some things he said in the interview.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: March 26, 2007 11:00PM

I did order the 80/10/10 Book. Thanks everyone.

Date: April 02, 2007 03:38PM

I'm reading the book and I'm eating lots of fruit. But I need something thats more filling in the evening. What would that be?

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: April 02, 2007 06:55PM

Tadey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm reading the book and I'm eating lots of fruit.
> But I need something thats more filling in the
> evening. What would that be?

If you're eating ENOUGH fruit, you should be pretty filled up. smiling smiley Then follow that with a large salad. Large meaning humongous - I know some who eat a whole head of lettuce or two as a salad base...

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 03, 2007 06:59AM

i said this in another post.

idk why i waited so long to get this book.

I have not been so inspired on a book on nutrition for a LONG time. I wish this was the first raw foods book I ever read.

Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: April 03, 2007 01:23PM

This book is the be-all and end-all of nutrition manuals. It is well written, easy to understand, and thoroughly referenced. Dr. D has created a lifestyle that is simple and optimal for our health. Thank you Dr. D!

Posted by: Forrest ()
Date: April 08, 2007 06:39PM

Anyone want to sell me theirs? Or... loan???? Email if so!

Doubtful I know, but I had to check before I buy elsewhere.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables