Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello! i am new to raw foodism, and was wondering if I can get tips...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2007 04:51PM

I am a recovering anorexic that has been vegan for animal rights purposes for years. i decided that now, rather than "thinness" I would like to pursue global and personal "health" through the raw foods diet. How ever, I need to convince the doctors that this diet is complettely sufficiant- and I would like to know a food pyaramid or percentages of types of foods most raw fooders follow. I am ready to begin my journy to freedom ^_^

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello! i am new to raw foodism, and was wondering if I can get tips...
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 25, 2007 08:55PM

Opinion:

-There is no hard and fast rule - nor is the ONE guru or book.....nor is there one style of eating. My recommendation for beginners/transitioners is always to start at a level they are VERY comfortable with....and slowly stretch from there....increasing speed as they feel comfortable.

-As to WHAT to eat, I often recommend eating a WIDE variety of fruits and vegetables......and just to incorporate more of these into the diet on a consistent weekly basis....again, increasing speed as comfort warrants.

-There are many online sites (which I'm sure the wonderful folks on this board can highlight) like www.fitday.com and the nutrient database at

[www.nal.usda.gov]

-There are other sites that help easily compute how many calories a person needs to maintain body weight.

-These sites will give you good insight as to whether you are getting enough calories / nutrients / etc....based on recommendations for body type, weight and age.

-My opinion is always that eating disorder issues and emotional issues be addressed through professional therapeutic consultation and group therapy prior to any major change in diet.

-David Z. Mason

Re: Hello! i am new to raw foodism, and was wondering if I can get tips...
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 26, 2007 06:00AM

Hi there...i would like to be completely honest with you...unless you are 200% committed to eating a big volume of food and feeling full to be getting enough calories you might want to work out your ED with vegan cooked then move into raw....slowly incorporate it.....i know myself and a few others have ED's and i personally have a huge problem with eating enough daily...if i check my kcals a day it is usually under 300 a day sometimes only 150 or so....because i feel like i am eating so much already that if i added much more i feel like i will pop.....so you really need to be very stable and in recovery for a long time with this unless you areu nder supervision to go 100% percent....you can read my journal if you want...good luck to you and if you have any questions or anything you can email me or send a private message...good luck withe verything and keep us informed on what you decide!!
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables