Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why did I feel nauseous after a mono meal of grapefruit?
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: March 25, 2007 07:39PM

Hi all,

I'm not extremely concerned about this - but yesterday, I started feeling nauseous after having 3 very large grapefruit for dinner.

Prior to that, I had eaten 10 small bananas at lunch time, maybe 6 hours before, so my stomach was empty by the time I ate the grapefruit.

I have had no prior problems with citrus although I do not typically eat huge amounts of them. I've also eaten the same batch of grapefruit with no problems.

Was my nausea even connected to the grapefruit?

I probably shouldn't have eaten anything afterwards, but I had the thought that eating some lettuce might settle my stomach, so I did, and then I felt totally better. But I was nauseous for a good 45 minutes or so.

The grapefruit was not organic. Everything else I ate that day was.

Any insights would be great!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why did I feel nauseous after a mono meal of grapefruit?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 25, 2007 08:56PM

-Sounds like standard detox....but it certainly could have been a bad batch of grapefruit (something on it or in it). I wouldn't worry too much about it. And if you aren't in the mood for grapefruit...remember that you don't have to force it! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

Re: Why did I feel nauseous after a mono meal of grapefruit?
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: March 26, 2007 03:01AM

Thanks David...now I'm a little afraid of grapefruit. smiling smiley It's too bad because I was really enjoying it before, too. I really do think it was something on it because I've experienced no other severe detox symptoms in 2 months and this happened right after eating the grapefruit.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables