Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted by: mdelano123 ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:07PM

Hi,

I am recently becoming aware of the benefits of ACV and wanted to hear about the experiences of others. I really enjoy the taste it adds to food but what are some of the other health benefits that people out there who use it have experienced.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: March 28, 2007 06:21PM

ACV cured a sinus infection that I had for more than a month. It also keeps my skin smooth and clear.

I usually mix 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 tsp of Baking Soda in 8 oz of warm water. 3 times a day is recommended.

Sometimes, I omit the baking soda and drink as is. I always gargle with non-fluoridated mouthwash after I drink.

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 28, 2007 08:53PM

i've used acv for psoriasis. it works great for tht i know but not sure about drinking it. i can't handle the smell. haha.

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: March 28, 2007 11:32PM

cypherX, why the baking soda? i didn't know ingesting it was good for anything...i'm curious!

Posted by: Niftethrifte ()
Date: March 30, 2007 06:22PM

I use it with evoo in salads.

That's about it!

^My Daughter, Sage and I^

Wishing you a whole lotta love,
Niftethrifte

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 30, 2007 09:26PM

what is the science behind it ?
isn't it just basicly a weak acid ?
I know it has some antiseptic qualities...
not sure that's so good long term

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 03, 2007 03:51AM

I use apple cider vinegar to wash all my veggies and greens. I read that a dab of apple cider vinegar along with water and soaking for 15 minutes kills of all parasites. Any other advice for cleaning raw foods?

Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: April 04, 2007 03:58AM

I've been curious about ACV as well. Recently (for the past few months) I've been drinking ~1 Tbsp with ~ 1 1/2 C of water about 15-20 minutes before I eat. I've found that it makes digestion much better! I don't ever get bloated or eat too much at once, also I think it really helps my skin. Of course I'm not sure how great this is for my teeth but so far I haven't noticed anything negative, I've heard that putting baking soda in with the vinegar helps to neutralize the acid in the mouth and prevent tooth problems, however I haven't tried it myself. I also make an ACV facewash with 1:1 ratio of water to ACV, and it makes my skin really soft and clear.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 04, 2007 12:33PM

I use it inmy hair - help with the flakes..I also pour it in my bath with epsom salts - great detox!

If you want to learn more do a

BRAGGS / ACV

search there is a lot there!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2007 05:05PM

7/4/2006: Ted responds, "There is an ACV remedy and then there is Ted's ACV remedy. The ACV remedy is what has been traditionally done to drink it directly. Now I have always recommended the use of the second one, which requires that you add baking soda to the ACV to neutralize the acid to just 7.0 or close to it before drinking, otherwise the acidity will bring on dentin sensitivity and cause erosion of the enamel. A minimum pH on ACV of 6.0 and above should stop enamel erosion, in case you like somewhat of a "sour" ACV tastes, ideally it should be closer to 7.0.

You might wonder whether therapeutic effectiveness of the second one might be as effective as the original one. It should be at least as effective if not more effective than an original formula for two reasons:

1. If you take the original ACV remedy (2 TBS in a glass of water), the body is going to neutralize it anyway using the available bicarbonates the body stores have. If not, you get a burning tongue or skin of the tongue become lose or tears up, if the body don't have sufficient bicarbonates. It takes AT LEAST A week to get a bicarbonate level to optimum provided you take bicarbonates everyday. I am of course assuming that in this instance, you don't have sufficient bicarbonate levels.

2. The newer ACV remedy I have always recommended (AKA Ted's ACV recipe) is to ADD baking soda until most of the acid is neutralized near 7.0. Chemically it is not changed, the malic becomes a malate when baking soda has neutralized, but then the body is going to convert to THAT anyway. What YOUR body wants is that the pH is at an ideal theoretical pH 7.35, which is equivalent to the pH of your blood.

This msg is from earthlink.com I just cut and paste for all thoughs how wanted to know what Avc/backing soda does for your health.

hana

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables