Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is this a sign of candida?
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:30PM

My lips are extremely sore - I thought they were just chapped, but now they are swollen and they have tiny red bumps ALL over them. Is this a sign of candida? I don't seem to have any of the other symptoms. Help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is this a sign of candida?
Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:11PM

Could it be a bad cold sore?

KelBel

Date: March 28, 2007 04:18PM

Nope - definitely not a cold sore. Never had one. My lips are covered with tiny red bumps - they are super small. And my lips burn. I wonder if this is an allergic reaction to something?

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: March 28, 2007 05:15PM

Maybe an allergic reaction to something; citrus mold, something on your produce, pesticides, ect..

One of my produce guys told me to "wash everything" I buy in the produce dept. You never know where it's been or what came into contact with it.

Maybe some aloe on your lips would help.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 28, 2007 11:00PM

I have candida and I have never had nor heard/read of that being a symptom. Sounds like an allergic reaction to me.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: March 28, 2007 11:41PM

I used to have the same reaction when eating cooked eggplant dishes that also included cooked tomato. I'd guess you are experiencing a food sensitivity. Since I've been raw, I rarely have reactions to foods.

I hope it clears up quickly for you, Mine usually faded over 24 hours, or less.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 28, 2007 11:41PM

hey Yogamama ...sadly just because you havent had a cold sore before doesnt mean that you dont or wont ...something like 60-70% of the population carries the virus around without showing symptoms ever or rarely. all it takes is skin to skin contact and you got it.

i hope for you its just a reaction to something but honestly it sure sounds like a cold sore sad smiley

my doctor asked me when i got my first cold sore i think i was around 20 .. he said do your parents have them? yep they do ... betcha ya give em a kiss hello or goodbye .. yep i sure do .. well they passed it on to me lol.. its that easy ..sadly

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 29, 2007 02:10AM

I got my first cold sore at 17. I get them all the time when there is an abrupt change in the weather. I don't think I have ever contracted them from someone. Maybe I am a carrier. I didn't think your symptoms sounded like a cold sore.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 29, 2007 04:29PM

There's a spit test you can perfome for Candida. Just do a search for that and it will should come up for you.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 29, 2007 04:41PM

It's not a cold sore. I went to the dentist yesterday and it is an allergic reaction to somehting. No idea what, but it is a little better today. I knew it wasn't a cold sore...looks nothing like one. My lips are still puffy but they feel much better.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2007 04:42PM by Yogamama.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables