Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detox? or not?
Posted by: bluejaunte ()
Date: March 30, 2007 12:43PM

Hi everyone. smiling smiley

I've been very close to 100% raw for a few months now, and haven't really noticed anything by way of possible detox symptoms until a few weeks ago. There's a fairly long list of what I've been experiencing since, and I have no idea how likely it is to be detox. Some of the symptoms sound familiar from my reading of other people's experience, but some I'm not so sure about.

The first thing was that I developed this thing in my mouth (just below the inside of my lower lip) that I can't really call a canker sore .. it's basically a lump that feels like a swollen gland or blister under the skin. Basically I bit my lip and then this thing came up on the spot that I bit, and decided to stick around. This was accompanied with heavy mucous discharge from my nose and throat. Neither have gone away after several weeks.

Maybe a week after that I started getting very very tired. I used to have a great deal of difficulty falling asleep, but now I feel as though I could sleep for hours longer than I'm used to. I'm fine during the day, but I'm useless in the evenings. (Admittedly I've been trying to fight the sleepiness. There's just so much I want to do.)

My period is late. My period is never late. There's no reason why it shouldn't be coming.

Then over the last two or three days, I've been getting these sudden waves of chills & cold sweat, very much like fever symptoms, but without the fever. No headache, no nausea, no anything but these waves of cold sweats/chills and an accompanying feeling of lightheadedness. Otherwise I feel fine. Still no period though, and I'm retaining water like mad.

I know everyone's detox symptoms are different, so it's hard to pin down one way or another whether that's what all this is. It's the chills/cold sweat that worries me especially. I just hope it's not some kind of blood sugar issue. But it started up so suddenly ..

My diet is mostly fruit and leafy greens. Lots of mono juicy fruit, some green smoothies, salads, nori wraps. That's basically it. Pretty much my only overt fat source is avocado (about 1 a day). My only raw "exception" is that I drink yerba mate (the green, unsmoked, unroasted kind) with a little raw honey. Most days I'm fairly active, but have been trying to cut back on that to let my body rest.

Sorry so long. Thanks for any advice you can give. smiling smiley

Nicole

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detox? or not?
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: April 01, 2007 10:05AM

I actually have the same kinda lump inside my mouth on the lower left side of my lip. When I close my jaw, it would be about the same level as my lower first molar. It is just kinda a hard mass of skin. I thought it was just from biting my lip, but I have no idea now...

xxpeisi

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables