Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

100% raw now but...
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 30, 2007 04:44PM

Have been transitioning to raw for about 5 -6 months. Have come down with a very nasty painful case "frozen shoulder". It's been building for a couple of months. Doctor gave me painkillers and anti-infalammatories which I couldn't stomach - literally. I felt horrible on them.

The only way I can control the pain is by eating all raw and very little fat. So now I'm 100%, that's the good news! Not super hungry but craving oranges, they make me feel good! Wheatgrass juice is helpful too.

I've been told this can take a year or longer to go away.
I've been told to eat a steak. I've been told to get surgery.
Don't like either of those options.
Has anyone had any experience with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 100% raw now but...
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 30, 2007 04:57PM

i had a shoulder problem, i thought i might need rotator cuff surgery,
at one point i couldn't reach abouve my head very far without pain .
After raw diet it got better. when i went off raw diet it began to get worse...
now i am fasting and will be back on raw shortly...
those who gave you advice dont understand raw diet...no one can predict how long or how great your healing will be...but doing raw, as your experience shows, is the best you can do...just add positive attitude and patience

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 30, 2007 07:49PM

have you tried massage therapy?

Date: March 30, 2007 09:57PM

Have had 4 sessions of deep tissue massage and some accupuncture. Helps some but no real improvement, still feels likes it getting worse, more locked. The massage therapist is the one who suggested I try eating steak though he's a very nice person.

Am going to try shiatsu tomorrow, my sister recommended me to her longtime shiatsu masseur who is up to the challenge.

Thank God for this diet or it would be pain killers and surgery and misery!!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: March 30, 2007 10:22PM

In my own personal experiences in dealing with pain, I have noticed improvements when I kept several things in mind:

-easing unnecessary tension in muscles (we often "get used" to our tensions, to a degree - has to do with muscle memory)
-improved diet (which you seem to have great success with so far!)
-stretching and exercising

I don't know of your problem, though, so I have no idea how much of this will be of use to you. I have been diagnosed with tendonitis in the hands/wrists (I am a guitarist) as well as having serious voice problems in the past (singer)... I find I suffer less and less (practically not at all now) as I keep the aforementioned points in mind and find ways to become more fit and more relaxed (and happier!)

Take care and good luck.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: March 30, 2007 11:09PM

Eat cherries!

[www.google.com]

Date: March 31, 2007 12:07AM

Thanks all. Feels better already.

Thomas, I go for brisk walks with my dogs every day for exericise cuz that's about all I can do and it definitely helps, I think my body is more efficient at producing endorphins now than in the past.
Tension is part of my life right now, that was what lead me to this diet most of all I think.

Rawrrr! Cherries, I love cherries and will devour some as soon as I can find them thanks!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 31, 2007 12:42AM

hey dulset
do whatever makees u feel happy
that will help your shoulders too
oh yeah, that and eat cherries

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2007 01:32AM

Last time I had a shoulder problem I fixed by water fasting for 7 days .
( previously I had 5 shoulder reconstruction surgeries ).

Shoulder problems can be linked to liver problems.
( avoid saturated fats )

Date: March 31, 2007 05:48PM

Yes, on Curezone there were recommendations to do a liver cleanse for locked shoulder. I was always a high fat eater because I never put on any weight. "more whipped cream please, and cake.."

My sister's shiatsu massage healer has done what I just have to call a miracle on my shoulder this morning. I can raise my arm to shoulder level again, there was a lot of cathartic tears too am still in a state of relief/disbelief. She said don't tell your friends or you won't be able to get an appointment. lol! So grateful to her!

Have been thinking about fasting, bought one of those fast cleanse kits to start.

Yes La veronique, cherries, will get a big bowl for myself and share them around thanks so much.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 01, 2007 06:18AM

Johanna Brandt says 2 weeks just eating grapes cures diseases, I just read her book. GRAPE CURE interesting. Good to know.

She says some healthy people who do this just for fun or to lose weight find themselves in really awful surprising situations because all the poisons come out and they had no idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2007 06:19AM by coconutcream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables