Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My raw story...
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: March 30, 2007 08:04PM

Hello, I'm a 16 year old raw foodist. I had been a 90-95% (I ate 'raw' tofu and condiments occasionally) raw foodist for about 8 months before I started eating cooked food after I was hospitalized for a drug overdose. Recently I've decided to go back to raw foods, because it makes me feel amazing and I couldn't imagine eating cooked food during the summer, at all. I also want to lose weight because I sorta liked my emaciated fruitatarian frame.

Anyway, what do you think the fastest way to lose weight would be? I hear a lot of people saying that you should include avocados in your diet as they actually speed up weight loss, but is that really true? I've never really eaten avocados with a raw food diet before.

And another thing, having been a raw foodist for a while, it really does make your skin amazing, in addition to every part of your body.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My raw story...
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 30, 2007 09:23PM

I know nothing about you
nothing personal and nothing about height and weight history

but

"16 year old" + "liked my emaciated fruitatarian frame.+ what do you think the fastest way to lose weight would be?"

sounds worrysome--if HEALTH is THE number one priority--not "good looks"...
Then good looks, and weight will take care of themselves, on a raw diet,
along with self acceptance, and increased happiness.

But if "good looks" and getting FAST results are priorities,
you are courting disappointment.

I wasn't patient when i was 16 either,
but, as you already know, things worth doing are worth doing well...
and nature takes her own sweet time, wether we like it or not,
only man's surgery, medicine, and drugs are quick...

Raw diet as you already know is healing,
in fact it is so healing, it may not only cleanse the body,
but may also lead the mind and heart to detox,
and heal old wounds. I know i've been thru some changes...

the book "Raw Secrets"
is an excellent source of information
to start with
and it is short

The Raw Secrets: The Raw Vegan Diet in the Real World (Paperback)
by Frederic Patenaude (Author)

also

Green for Life (Paperback)
by Victoria Boutenko

The Sunfood Diet Success System: 36 Lessons in Health Transformation (Paperback)
by David Wolfe (Editor)

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 30, 2007 10:10PM

I wasn't patient when i was 16 either,

actually i'm still not...some of the time
but tai chi chuan, yoga, meditation
all help

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 30, 2007 10:22PM

Rawfrancois:

If you are changing your diet for a lifetime....and to show love to yourself....then do it slowly.....and comfortably. Make sure you have a good idea of what is a healthy weight and BMI for your height and frame.....from a medical professional. Deal with emotional and living conditions primarily.

-Eating is only a small part of your life.....albeit a vital one.....and you can make small but vital changes in your dietary life.......while focusing more on being happy and achieving independence as a young adult in our western society. This is challenge enough!

-I'm sure that the wonderful folks on this board (including myself) will be standing by to assist you in any way we can.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 31, 2007 05:10PM

Sounds like food issues and a bent towards the anerexic look. The only thing I'd say is to you is if you were my kid, I love you for the person you are, then I'd help you educate yourself with knowledge on nutrition, from lots of viewpoints. Getting stuck on one at your age is not ideal.

You should arm yourself with having an open mind, so that you can learn and evaluate with an objective perspective on all kinds of information, including nutrition.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 31, 2007 05:59PM

francois
just don't eat croisssants
and you'lll be just fine smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables