Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please help!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2007 10:08AM

I'm new to raw foodism. I've read looads latley. And i think i have a good idea what it's about and all. It makes so much sense (I'm striving for material minimalism and the raw foodism just seems to suit that so perfectly, "back to nature" view of life)

Anyways...
I recon I'm about 50% raw now. I find it really hard to get "full up" on just raw foods. Any tips on food that is good to feel satisfied and "full up" on? I always get them cravings for bread and pizzas. Things that make me feel "I cannot eat any more".. which no raw foods seem to do at the moment.

I have been vegetarian for almost two years, and semi-vegan for a few months now. But.. I do not know how my bloodsugar levals are really. I am constantly tired. I sleep 12 hours a day, and when i wake up, i often CAN not get up. I just keep on sleeping and sleeping. Raw foodist have talked alot about higher energy levels. And I reaaally need energy.. The only time i feel i have energy is a few hours before i go to bed. I've been to the doctors, but he just shook his head at my "vegetarian" attitude, and said it was normal for vegetarians. Blood tests didnt show anything abnormal.

What is some real energy giving raw foods? Something to start the day with? Something that gives me the strength i so badly seem to need.

I would appreciate any answers! =)

/sonfield

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please help!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 31, 2007 11:05AM

-Don't set arbitrary goals to be 100% or listen to some guru (or even your own brain). Just put one foot in front of the other in becoming more comfortable eating more fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet. THIS is work enough. Set VERY SMALL DAILY GOALS (with timeframes) that you are MOTIVATED to do and stick with them. If you do not feel rather comfortable....the move back to a level you ARE comfortable with and stretch from there. These are just my opinions / suggestions.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 31, 2007 02:06PM

I over eat on raw to fill up. Nuts and avocados help me to become full. I don't have as much of a problem with this as I did the first few months. Are you healing from something? That could make you tired. Good luck!!

Posted by: anna_elle ()
Date: March 31, 2007 03:12PM

Hi Sonfield,

I've been varying degrees of vegetarian for about twenty years. Some time last November i began to consciously increase my intake of raw food. I am probably eating 60% - 70% raw now. In the last two years I have discovered that eating (cooked)wheat and corn and to some extent rice makes me so sleepy. I want to go bed right after i eat it and i find it difficult to wake up the next morning too. When i do roll out of bed i feel groggy. There are probably a combination of reasons for this but now I know what to expect, i allow for it when i really have an urge to eat this "junk" food. These cravings are diminishing because when I avoid grain carbohydrates (including alcohol) i feel great! My mood is deeply happy and i experience real clarity. It seems to take my body about 10 - 14 days to fully free itself from the effects of cooked grains. Hope this helps.

Posted by: kategreen ()
Date: April 02, 2007 12:02AM

Hey-So, I probably eat only 70-80% raw, most days (I am not trying to go 100% raw, but am trying to incorporate more into my diet). I have found sweet fuits fill me up, like papaya (I made a papaya and grapefruit salad), grapes. At the end of a big meal, I will soemtimes top the tank with some baby carrots--maybe the crunchiness of them helps, I don't know. Since you are not 100% raw either (though I don;t know if you are a vegan), a snack that always makes me feel satisfied is a large apple with some cheddar cheese. I also find when I have lots of different things in a meal I feel fuller--all of the contrasting tastes? Well, most of this is pure conjecture but it keeps me happy so hope some of it helps for you.
As for your lethargy, I don;t have any brilliant ideas as to why oyu may be so sleepy, but I do think you may want to look for another doctor. A person who does not support your lifestyle choices is not going to try and help you within them. Just my 10 cents ;-)~Kate

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: April 02, 2007 01:12AM

"What is some real energy giving raw foods? Something to start the day with? Something that gives me the strength i so badly seem to need. "

this is worth a shot:

freshly made carrot, beet, celery juice

only half a beet to 16 ounces juice
mostly carrots
a few stalks celery

drink 8 ounces ( put other 8 ounces in fridge)
slosh each sip around in mouth to mix with saliva before swallowing

give the first drink 30 min to leave stomach & have second drink

should give a little zip..... for extra zip add a little ginger root

--------------------------------------------------

fresh orange juice is also encouraging

and can be made without an expensive machine

---------------------------------------------------

if you have a blender

fresh pineapple smoothie
can add ginger
and orange juice

wow what a way to start the day

--------------------------------

also green smoothies
some banana, apple, and lettuce with enough water/ice to run blender
many variations are possible ... add a date for extra sweetness if you want

provides sweet dessert taste with combination of complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables