Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

your advice on growing herbs etc inside with artifical light and apparatus
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2007 03:49PM

i just purchased for hundreds of dollars an apparatus that will grow stuff inside to eat. i put in the seeds sent to me along with chemicals to help it grow. artifical light starts it growing fast.. and i harvest greens and the keep growing for months.

it is not organic. right.. has anyone found a place that will send me organic seeds along with organic food for an apparatus like this??

i have 36 days to return the deal with postage paid..

here is the site..

[www.growfresh.com]

what do you think??
yogi ormus... roland..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: your advice on growing herbs etc inside with artifical light and apparatus
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 02, 2007 04:04PM

Date: April 02, 2007 06:04PM

just called the company and they say the food the seeds drink is organic. so does anyone have any wisdom on how i can make an organic liquid compost to grow organic seeds. and what might be a great supplier of organic seeds. need seeds/plants that grow bushy stuff so i can snip and it keeps growing and growing.

i have been an off an on member of this site for years. i am not making u tube videos reading in my opinion the greatest yoga teaching ever in english... from the enlightened sivananda from india. he left his body in 62. he wrote 297 books on yoga in english because he knew millions from the west would soar into the higher states of consciousness as we ALL enter the age of acquaius.

roland

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 02, 2007 06:59PM

you can make worm casting tea but you will need to have worms to make the castings then to make the tea you pour water through the castings (worm poo) a few times to leech the nutrients out of it that would make liquid fertilizer.

or you can find a place that sells 100% worm castings if you cant raise the worms yourself.

i made a post under the gardening section about raising earthwoorms

id ask the manufacturer for a list of ingredients in their *organic fertilizer* that you bought before id beleive their claim of it being organic.

also if you are not happy with that system (it seems to me its quite expensive for what it is ) do a google search on airponics, aeroponics , or the like. the unit you bought seems a bit gimicky to me but great if your limited on space.

Mind you everytime i see the Chia Herb Garden commercial on t.v. i cant help but wonder why anyone would bother paying so much for something you can easily do .. (4 terra cotta pots and some dirt and seeds and they charge $20 usd for this ??!?!?!)

peace and good luck to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2007 07:03PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: April 02, 2007 07:06PM

Date: April 02, 2007 07:14PM

heres a couple of links of home made units

[www.ki7xh.com]

[www.news-blogs.com]

Date: April 03, 2007 01:48AM

im curious too about the light source they gave you. Most grow lights deteriote in quality over time therefore reducing output yield.

Date: April 06, 2007 11:29AM

will let u know when i get it.

have found a local green place that has organic feeding.

r

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables