Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cravings
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2007 09:14PM

Hello everyone,

Me and my wife have been 70% raw for 2 months now. Even when we have cooked food, we avoid anything processed, tofu, soy, etc.

We have been vegan for about 6 years now. Prior to going raw, there was a lot of soy products in our diet to serve as meat alternative or protein.

Recently my wife's been having some cravings for eating fish and eggs. We can't figure out why this might be happenning since she hasnt eaten fish or eggs for 6 years now. Could this be another sign of detox?

If anyone has any inputs on this, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cravings
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 03, 2007 02:50AM

Hey, i've been 100% raw vegan for 5 months now and recently have craved stuff like peperoni, and cheese burgers (I haven't eaten meat in 3 years not to mention). I think it's just a phase thing. I talk to other raw vegans who go through similar stages.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 03, 2007 03:19AM

I have been mostly raw for a few months and the same thing happened to me. I've been vegetarian for years and a bunch of old cravings popped up.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 03, 2007 06:36AM

Sometimes I dream about eating cooked foods... it's really strange.

People have similar experiences when coming off of "drugs."

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 03, 2007 08:24AM

I'd check that you are getting all the nutrients you require. Cravings can be a sign that you are not getting something you need.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: April 03, 2007 01:21PM

Cravings for cooked food, heavy food, and high fat foods come because you are not eating enough sweet fruit. Eat more sweet fruit, and you will find that the cravings subside substantially.

Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables