Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pick your own
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 04, 2007 03:00PM

there seems to be quite a list here of places some organic etc where you can pick your own stuff

im seriously thinking about doing some road tripping this year and shipping my stuff back to me in canada

im so sick of north american governments dictating my food quality to me

heres the link to pick your own farms

[www.pickyourown.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pick your own
Posted by: toughguy ()
Date: April 04, 2007 04:18PM

whoa that's cool man
what's it like in cold freezing canada?
do you guys live in igloos?

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 04, 2007 04:23PM

Not everywhere. I for one gave up my igloo and bought a home on the shores of Lake Ontario where it gets quite warm in summer.
Though I sometimes miss my igloo.

There are pick your own farms here too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2007 04:26PM by Dulset.

Date: April 04, 2007 04:25PM

ive never seen an igloo in my life winking smiley i live just outside of vancouver, b.c., its similiar to oregon and washington state.

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:23PM

Igloos? Ugh, I got those same comments when I lived in Maine!! LOL!

That's a great idea of visiting the PYO farms and shipping your things back. I'd love to read an update if you do it. Best of luck!

smiling smiley

harmonyraw.blogspot.com

Date: April 04, 2007 07:08PM

mmmm i wonder with this site if i could pick and eat my way around the world lol

well its a good dream anyways smiling smiley

Posted by: kategreen ()
Date: April 04, 2007 07:22PM

I don't know much about pick-ur own aroung the worlds but you can Woof (not sure if I am spelling the anacronym correctly). You can work on organic farms around the world, living there/eating there for free. When I was in Australia it was really big down there.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 04, 2007 07:30PM

Jgunn,

You can Woof on Salt Spring Island, my neice did it and went surfing too!

Date: April 04, 2007 07:54PM

wow thanks i looked them up on the net
[www.wwoof.org]

thanks very much folks youre awesome smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2007 07:55PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: adfinder ()
Date: April 04, 2007 09:00PM

There's a ton of apple, strawberry, cherry, pumpkin, and peach farms by me, but none that I see labeled as organic. They don't have to be certified organic, but Apples and Strawberries are some of the worst ones to eat when sprayed with 'cides. I'll have to look into them more to see if maybe they're organic, just not certified.

Anyone from Macomb County, Michigan?

Date: April 05, 2007 10:54PM

WELL ! I just got back from the US/Canada Border. (I ship things back and forth across the border and do customs brokering for the company i work for)

so i ask the canadian border guard whats the restrictions/rules regarding bringing/shipping fruit across

apparently unless i have a commercial licence to ship produce .. i can ship any citrus or anything with a seed or pit (lol are you kidding me thats just umm about most fruits lol)

there more i dig into this the more i realize that starting a co-op up here to ship things into canada even if its for 10-20 dedicated buyers might be the only way to get the things i want up here for consumption only

the stranglehold on freedom of food choice just feels like its getting tighter and tighter

part of this frustration stems from some of the local fruit floggers up here .. i asked one place if they would show me the proof that some of their oranges were indeed organic ... (i suspect that they are re-using stickers and jacking the price up) they refused to show me any documentation.

- jodi

Date: April 05, 2007 11:35PM

umm that one sentence should read

apparently unless i have a commercial licence to ship produce .. i CANT ship any citrus or anything with a seed or pit (lol are you kidding me thats just umm about most fruits lol)

that was Can't ship any citrus not can lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables