Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I JUST found out about wheatgrass :-D
Posted by: noelle ()
Date: April 05, 2007 01:19PM

After hearing the name thrown around a bit, I found wheatgrass on the menu at a restaurant. Just about the only restaurant in my area that has a juice bar menu. Actually, it's the ONLY one that I know if. Kind of sad.

I decided to try a shot of it.

Since then, I've had it 3 times and only one of those times, it didn't make me nauseous.I just read on line that it makes people nauseous because it's very detoxifying.

Does this mean that after all my body cleaning I'm still filled up with toxins, just as much as someone still on the SAD!?! EEEKKK! :-(
(I know detox is a long, long process but what do you think of someone's toxin-state if they get sicky-feeling from wheatgrass?)

Do you guys get nauseous when you drink it? Did you used to, when you started having it?

And what are your opions on it?

Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I JUST found out about wheatgrass :-D
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 06, 2007 04:38PM

Some people love it, but it doesn't work for me. I don't feel good after drinking wheatgrass. Plus, the taste of it never felt good to me.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: April 06, 2007 06:20PM

It never made me nauseous, but I personally feel it go best when I only ate light raw before I drink it. If I eat fatty or even cooked, I feel it stays in my stomach.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 06, 2007 07:01PM

my only experience with wheat grass is it got about halfway down my throat before being ejected with much force all over my kitchen wall ... i can still see green splatter stains smiling smiley

Date: April 06, 2007 07:15PM

Oh no!! You all have bad stories with it, haha (not at you with you).

Well, I heard that barley grass doesn't cause the nausea....then I heard that it's also toxic?!?!?!

Oh boy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2007 07:16PM by noelle.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: April 06, 2007 09:35PM

It made me nauseous when I first started drinking it about 3 years ago. I have been drinking it quite regularly since because I like how it makes me feel after I've had it. Energetic, centred, calm. Somewhere along the line the nausea disappeared, I can even have two or three shots in one go now. I still can't throw them back though, I have to take small sips and chew them well. My feeling about wheatgrass juice is that it's good to have when you're body is still detoxing and healing and rebuilding. It's loaded with vitamins and it helps to alkalize the body and because of the high chlorophyl content it enables the blood to take up more oxygen. When I started drinking it regularly people started complimenting me on my skin. I think if you're dealing with big health issues such as cancer it can be a big help.

Love, francis

Posted by: Livin2 ()
Date: April 06, 2007 10:10PM

I've been reading all and everything I get my hands on.. I was reading that Wheatgrass is stronger than Barley Grass. Barley Grass is sweeter of the two. I can say from my experience Barley Grass is better tasting and never did I feel sick or nauseous....maybe only drink an ounce a day till your body gets used to it. You can mix it with fresh juice if you juice. Hope you find one that works for you, cause it's very good for you!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 06, 2007 11:06PM

I never got nauseous after I drank it the first time. I even like the taste so maybe I am just weird. The first time I had it I was already about 50% raw and before that a vegetarian. I drink it about 4 times a month.But I have heard a lot of people do feel sick. Hopefully if you decide to try it again you will not feel sick. If you continue to feel sick I would not drink it again

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 06, 2007 11:22PM

I read that you should drink wheatgrass on an empty stomach. Perhaps the nausea is why?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 07, 2007 01:19AM

I juice a Carrot with my Wheatgrass Juice now. It really 'smoothes' out the taste and eliminates almost all of the Foam. Take it on an empty stomach for the 'Wheatgrass High'. There's nothing else like it.....WY

Date: April 07, 2007 02:33AM

You guys are awesome. smiling smiley

I knew there were wheatgrass lover out there! I think the best thing to do, is just keep experimenting for a little while, I could use the exra detox, I'm sure. Plus, I like ordering my juice and then saying, "and I'll have a shot of wheatgrass."

It's post-starbucks sydrome, perhaps.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: April 07, 2007 04:11AM

i OD'd about 6 summers ago on it. drank it by the
cup, soaked in baths of it. wore poultice bandages of it.
rinsed my eyes with it, snorted it...and a few other things,
i will spare you. my hair was turning green and i finally
hit the wall. fruit saved me

i still get nautious just walking by a fresh cut lawn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables