Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Easter/Passover Raw foods.....
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: April 05, 2007 07:10PM

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to serve for a Raw Easter and/or Passover meal? I would like to prepare some items to have here at the house on Sunday, but am at a loss as to what to make! Thanks ALot!

Dafodil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Easter/Passover Raw foods.....
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 05, 2007 07:23PM

are you expecting company or just your regular family memebers . .? I remember one easter my vegan aunt had us out to her place on vancouver island and instead of the basket full of chocolate we'd usually get ... she gave us a basket of seeds and little gardening tools , and dehydrated fruit and ceramic eggs that she decorated with what i remember bedazzled type jewels

far as the meal goes id just make all the most lucsious salads and raw deserts and whatnot and if nobody else wants it .. more for you smiling smiley

id start with those cauliflower recipes that are like mashed potatoes ... not sure how you would replace the meat .. maybe some sort of raw meatless loaf based on nuts and?

raw pizza ? i know i know its not easter like but ..

i think i saw taylor post something about raw apple pie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2007 07:29PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: April 05, 2007 07:49PM

No company, and husband is deployed, so its just ME! tongue sticking out smiley I'm thinking some kind of salad and maybe some kind of bruschetta or something....I just wondered what anyone else might do for the day's meal, if they celebrate it.

Posted by: kategreen ()
Date: April 05, 2007 08:07PM

Happy Pesach! I saw this thread and it seemed ironic to me at first. Since I am trying to eat more raw I am finding that I am having less trouble than ever eating this Passover--or at least, not living off of matzah and eggs ;-)

But for a traditional meal...I haven't tried this, but maybe you could make some sort of raw tzimmes? I have been googling some tzimmmes recipes for my own info--maybe if you put it in the dehydrator the potatoes and carrots would soften? Or maybe pureee them a little--it would taste like tzimmes even if it looked different...Not sure- would probably taste good regardless...

Charoset is raw (walnuts/apple and wine, which I believe can be raw...not sure if Manishevitz is)

I've found some raw coconut macaroon recipes on the internet--I think some on Gosia's site, can't remember

My aunt makes mock chopped liver using green beans, she cooks them but you could do it raw, i'll try and get the recipe

Those are all of the traditional raw substitutes I can think of (I am still puzzling over matzah ball soup) Good luck and happy holidays!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 06, 2007 02:04AM

There was a woman in the SF Bay area who went to the SF Living Foods potlucks when I used to live there. She did a raw seder each year and put out a whole little raw passover recipe book! I don't remember her name but perhaps you could contact the people who run the potluck and ask if they know the woman.
[www.living-foods.com]

Also here are some online recipes:
[tinyurl.com]

Love,
Uma

Posted by: diana ()
Date: April 08, 2007 03:57PM

Hi...I hope I'm not too late to suggest a spring-like meal...but PESTO is so GREEN...I made some this morning...and it's easy too...I live in Pennsylvania and today its snowing so I need the color...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables