Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What are some good books for when you've been raw a while?
Date: April 07, 2007 12:07AM

Hi,

I haven't been on here in so long that I had to change my username and create a new profile LOL. Howdy!

I've been high raw (90-100 percent) since December 2005, so about 16 months. I'm tired of the same food as of late.

I really feel I need to modify my diet so it meet my needs as a serious, competitive bicycle racer. I notice intuitively I'm adding more greens and sprouts to my diet.

What are some good raw recipe books for the 'intermediate' raw vegan? I'm no longer a beginner so I don't resonate with meals high in nuts, etc. I want to be able to get protein without so much fat, etc. I've totally changed my body composition since turning raw. I wasn't overweight previously, but now, I'm much leaner smiling smiley smiling smiley

I'm just tired of being fatigued and not feeling like I recover very well or completely. I've rode and trained for 10 years so I know my body smiling smiley My sleep is not very restful either.

Not sure what is going on with me, but I need to make some adjustments--soon! I don't feel very motivated and have to push myself to train and the race season is coming up. I've done my time on the bike this winter, but I worry about my stamina and recovering after races, etc.

I have read "Thrive" and it didn't really resonate with me since I'm not a triathlete...They tend to do lots of hours, but not as much intensity as a road cycling racer.

My beginner recipe book was Alissa Cohen's...loved it, but I find myself using the non-nut recipes more and more. I also love green salads, smoothies, and simpler foods now. But, I still feel depleted in many ways. I do eat healthy fats such as avocadoes and raw coconut butter by Artisana, etc.

So...I'd be most appreciative of any books you could recommend, etc. There are so many out there nowadays and my local bookstores don't carry them, so I was pulled here to ask smiling smiley

Many thanks in advance,
L

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What are some good books for when you've been raw a while?
Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 07, 2007 02:02AM

The man you want to talk to for inspiration is named Harley. He posts to Doug Graham's board a lot, and is a high-fruit raw fooder who bikes all over the world. Also Doug Graham coaches a lot of athletes with raw. He knows a lot about health and performance. You might get a lot from that board. And you might like Doug's High Energy Diet Recipe Guide.

Love,
Uma

Date: April 08, 2007 12:11AM

Thanks so much! I will check both out smiling smiley

Hugz,
L

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 08, 2007 01:06AM

Rawkabilly Goddess,

Check out Doug Graham's new book The 80/10/10 Dietâ„¢: Balancing Your Health, Your Weight, and Your Life, One Luscious Bite at a Time. I have this book and absolutely love it.

Date: April 08, 2007 02:10AM

Bryan,

Thanks! I keep seeing that book LOL. I take it as a sign smiling smiley Thank you for the further confirmation smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables