Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fell off the wagon - what's the best way to get back on?
Posted by: annex ()
Date: April 08, 2007 01:27AM

I have been 100% raw for 8 months (I transitioned for 6 months prior.) And now I have been eating cooked (vegan) for 3 days. Sometimes I feel like giving up raw just because of the convience factor, but then I eat something and feel sick immediately (which is how it was for me my whole life). So now I am going to try to get/make a bunch of raw food, so that some of my cravings for taste go away. I ate chocolate, sugar and wheat and now crave those things. Any advice on what to eat? Not to get rid of the cravings as such, but as part of getting back on the wagon? I know that everyone will have a different opinion, but I would like to hear other people's experiences if they have had a small relapse after being raw (especially if 100%) for a relatively significant amount of time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fell off the wagon - what's the best way to get back on?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 08, 2007 01:56AM

Opinion:

-There is no 'wagon'. There is only a consistent level that is right for you. What level is right for YOUR lifetime? Commit to that fully. Start out at a level that is very comfortable for you NOW. Be honest about that.

-Stay full all the time. Eat a WIDE variety of the fruits and vegetables that you love. Always eat before you leave the house. Bring a snack bag with you to work or wherever you go.

-Just some thoughts / options.

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 08, 2007 01:57AM

annex,

The foods you were drawn to when you went back to cooked foods gives you a clue as to what was missing in your raw diet. You said you wanted chocolate, sugar, and wheat. It sounds like what was missing in your raw diet was adequate carbohydrates. For raw, getting carbs means eating a lot of fresh sweet fruit. How much? Try like 80% of your calories or more.

Try playing with the 80/10/10 diet, where a minimum of 80% of your calories are coming from carbohydrates. If you eat this much carbs, you will note that your desire for wheat and sugar disappear.

Posted by: annex ()
Date: April 08, 2007 08:02PM

Thanks you guys. I think there is something to be said about missing carbs. A few days before I wasn't really feeling full (basically because I wasn't eating anything because I was so busy), and I was eating lots of nuts. I am a bit hesitant about the 80/10/10 diet because I have had teeth discoloration since going raw. (I have a history of healthy teeth.) I know some people attribute this to too much fruit. But now that I think of it, I was eating more fruit in general, but not as much as when I lived in a really hot and humid summer climate when I was growing up. Then in the summer I would eat fruit constantly! Mmmm... well, this has got me thinking. I guess food is quite an exciting experiment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables