Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

really bad acne scars :[
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 08, 2007 02:42AM

i was just wondering if neone who had cystic acne has had the scaars from it completely heal from rawfoods? and if it has helped heal stretched skin,, i kno nasty questions but i really need 2 kno ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: really bad acne scars :[
Posted by: noelle ()
Date: April 08, 2007 12:10PM

I have like, two scars on my face that haven't gone away since I've been including lots of raw food into my diet. But it's only been a month and I know I haven't detoxed too, too much. I don't think they've changed, but honestly I haven't been watching.

I use topical products that have helped a lot, and I hope to be able to stop using them over the summer.

My best guess would be to detox as well as you can and then pay lots of attention to the good skin-foods. Especially flax! Helps skin stretch really well.

Posted by: Stormyone66 ()
Date: April 08, 2007 12:17PM

Actually, glad you asked this question...I was kind of wondering about the issue of 'sagging/loose skin' as well. I've had three ginormous children and everything snapped back except in the lower abdominal area and no amount of exercise seems to help. I don't wish to resort to a tummy tuck. Has anyone else had success at getting the skin to return to normal after commencing the raw diet? I'm certain there are those who've had significant weight loss on raw and likely have some similar issues (or lost weight other ways that resulted in the loose skin).

Thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 09, 2007 10:26AM

this is off the rawbc site...

Get Glowing Healthy on the Inside
To neutralize free radical damage it is favourable to have an antioxidant system of vitamins, minerals, essentially fatty acids, and enzymes working for you. A diet that includes antioxidant rich, raw foods (such as avocado, sweet peppers, berries, melons, green leafy vegetables, oranges, squash, tomatoes and pineapples) is key to glowing healthy from the inside-out!

Remember to eat foods rich in essential fatty acids: freshly ground flax seeds sprinkled over your salad or in a smoothy, avocado in a salad or blended soup, or virgin olive oil mixed with some lemon juice to create a flavourful dressing.

Collagen gives skin its firmness and elasticity. Without collagen skin sags, wrinkles, and looks aged. Avocado has substances that are high in vitamins A, D, and E. Rich in essential fatty acids avocados help prevent damaged skin.

There are two essential fatty acids:

Alpha-Linolenic acid (LNA) or Omega 3 is found in abundance in hemp seed, flax seed, pumpkin seed, walnuts, and dark green leaves.

Linoleic acid (LA) or Omega 6 is found in abundance in safflower, hemp, walnut, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, and flax.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 09, 2007 02:11PM

omgosh thankyou for all the feedback grinning smiley especially jgunn deffinately more of the answer i was looking for lol scientific,, thankyou noelle i thought detox would help but then on detox your acne gets worse so i just wanted to know if after detox then the body would eat all the scar tissue left by the acne or wat?lol,, good luck Stormyone66 ;] i can tell u that if u hav stretchmarks they will deffinately go away i had them from gaining about 40 pounds bc of binge eating and i am not even 100% on raw and they r gone grinning smileyDD avocados are aamazing!! they really help the skin and spinach and cherries and basically all the stuff jgunn talked about thanks you guys smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables