Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High Veg / Low Fruit?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2007 04:40PM

I have seen some popularity with eating mostly fruit, but what about mostly vegetables? I'm curious if anyone here eats very low amounts of fruit, as well as low fat, and mainly vegetables?

I'm fairly new to raw, and recently I've been experimenting with eating less fruit. The only fruit I'm still eating is bananas, mainly because they make my green smoothies creamy and tasty! smiling smiley

Is my body still able to cleanse properly without eating any fruits besides bananas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Veg / Low Fruit?
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 09, 2007 05:33PM

the only problem will be in getting enough calories i would think.

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: April 09, 2007 07:40PM

I agree with fresh. Have you ever added up your calories on a site like nutridiary? Veggies have very few calories, they would not be able to sustain you in the long term.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: Asnerek ()
Date: April 09, 2007 09:38PM

I am at the end of my first month 100% raw...and mostly veggies. I eat a TON of greens everyday. I do eat apples, and grapefruits. They are the only fruits I want right now.
Just don't have a hankering for a bunch of fruit right now...maybe because it's still so cold outsidesmiling smiley

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere...they are in each other all along
Rumi

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 10, 2007 04:33AM

I did mostly veggies for a few years. The only way to do it (for me) was to either get enough calories by piling on the fat (which I did first), which for me made my health keep getting worse and not better, or cut out the fat but keep losing tons of weight until I became emaciated! That was after I realized tons of fat wasn't working, but still thought fruit was bad for me.

Mostly veggies is probably good if you are looking to lose weight though! And yes it's very cleansing.

Just my personal experience.

Love,
Uma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables