Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please help...food combining and fruit.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2007 10:00PM

I too, struggle with sugar cravings and sadly have indulged in them - eating sweets. I have the 80-10-10 book and I understand that these cravings come from not eating enough fruit carbohydrates. However, I often have these cravings after I eat a raw meal (I am aware that means that I did not have enough fruit before the meal). What I am wondering and asking the group is this: Is it "Terrible" to have fruit after a meal if it means that I will not have a piece of chocolate or a few pieces of bread? If I eat fruit after a meal and it prevents me from eating cooked junk, is it "okay"? Is it more important for my health to be raw and eat fruit and veggies or be perfect with food combining? What is worse?
Silly questions maybe, however, I am stuck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please help...food combining and fruit.
Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 09, 2007 10:36PM

you'll get varied opinions. i think it's better to avoid becoming malnourished than to obsess over food combining.

i do best when mostly mono eating. if i eat some raw nuts, i'll wait anywhere from 30 to 60min before consuming sweet fruit. or if eat some watermelon, i'll wait 30-60 minutes before drinking some raw milk. basically, i put some time-separation between fatty foods and sweet foods.

the ratio 80-10-10 is not right for every person. eat what makes you feel best. im probably close to 33-33-33.

dont forget to exercise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2007 10:39PM by jono.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 09, 2007 11:04PM

It's a very legitimate / intelligent question. I think if it doesn't upset your digestion....and it helps you to eat more fresh raw fruits and vegetables.....in accordance with YOUR goals.....then I think it's a good thing.

-Later, you might find yourself drifting rather naturally and deliberately towards simpler eating.

-Power and health to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 09, 2007 11:11PM

???
first of all, you want to wait much longer then that after consuming nuts, probably more like 6 hours or idealy till the next day. it doesn't sound like she is 'obsessing' over food combining to me at all or in danger of being malnourished. Also 33% protein is like 200 grams of protein = death

"____" what do you consider to be a 'raw meal'? I think if you are following 811 that would be fruit then a large salad with some vegetables or vege fruits (tomato, cucumber) etc...no? if thats the case, sure add more fruit, not like a mellon or something but something not so juicy would be fine. hell people here seem to blend all sorts of stuff together, whats the difference. I don't think its really ideal, but actually pretty much anything else BUT fruit would be the food combining nightmare no? unless its a small ammount of fat.

maybe also consider adding a bit more fat if you are not comfortable at 10 % fat, that IMO if far less cruicial than proper combining.

another thing. not all cravings are from lack of carbohydrates. when people go raw, they're going to have all kinds of INTENSE cravings. all the stuff flushing out of you. I DO agree that 811 helps curb cravings by supplying carbs and staying full.

what you want to avoid is having fruit after the cooked junk or the fat until the next day. also having healthy options around if you are still eating cooked food is a good idea.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2007 11:18PM by anaken.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 10, 2007 12:43AM

>>Also 33% protein is like 200 grams of protein<<

now that i think about it, i probably get about 70g of protein so i guess im more like 60 30 10.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables