Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw nut and seed butter
Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: April 10, 2007 09:32PM

Can raw butters be made from soaked nuts and seeds? or soaked nuts/seeds that have been dehydrated?

I'd like to make some nut butter where the enzyme inhibitors in the skins have been deactivated. Is this even possible?

Smile

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw nut and seed butter
Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: April 12, 2007 05:21AM

I know raw butters can be made from soaked nuts and seeds, however I'm not sure about after they've been dehydrated. I've never tried it but I have read that it makes more almond flour than almond butter - mind you, I'm sure you could add some raw oil to get the consistency.

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: April 12, 2007 03:34PM

smilebig -

There's a company in Virginia Sweetwater Market that make nut and seed butters by soaking, then dehydrating, so yes, it can be done. Guess you'd just have to experiment to see what kind of consistency you'd get. I've had the best results using a coffee grinder and fresh unsoaked brazil nuts that I removed from the shell myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 03:35PM by macfly.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 12, 2007 11:40PM

Soak then put in the food processor. I don't dehydrate & it still works.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables