Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone purchased this?
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: April 11, 2007 01:16PM

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased this new e-book by Frederic Patenaude.
[www.fredericpatenaude.com]
It tells you how to get better quality sleep in less time. Have you purchased it? If so, what do you think? Is it worth it? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone purchased this?
Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: April 11, 2007 03:39PM

Hmmm, honestly it sounds like a gimmick to me.

I'd skip buying the book, and focus on sleeping whenever I'm tired, as much as possible. Getting *enough* sleep is key - no trick to that!

smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 11, 2007 04:43PM

No, I haven't, but I bought something similar and it was completely worthless. It luckily came with a money-back guarantee, and I did get my money back. The best advice I can give is to realize that 1) Some people require more sleep than others and 2) Know that your body runs best when you are regular in your habits.

Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: April 11, 2007 06:20PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think I'm just going to get as much sleep as my body needs.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 11, 2007 06:58PM

Mmm, I know nothing about the book, but I do think there are 'tricks' to getting the right amount of sleep, and that the right amount is not necessarily what you might think your body is telling you. For me, too much sleep is a lot worse than too little sleep!

My biggest tip with sleep is never to use an alarm. Alarm clocks break your body's natural cycles, I sleep with the curtains open so I wake up naturally with the light and when a sleep cycle comes to an end.

Maybe I should write my own ebook on sleep...

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 12, 2007 02:23PM

hey rob

tell us more about your sleep thing
that sounds neat like the curtain opening and letting the sunlight in

i guess i'm a bit scared that i'll miss my appointments etc.
i like to leaaaarrrrrn

honest, i think sleep is key too
and having a good cycle that keeps in sync to our natural rhythms
just trying to figure out how to pull it off in this unnatural cycle of ours where sometimes gotta get stuff done before sun comes up and all

yeah... or maybe i'm thinking just get EVEERYTHING done
so i can go to sleep and wake up when the sun comes up

or something like that
i mean, key being to not get up til sun comes up
and al that

tell me more

funky man smiling smiley

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:52AM

Hey La Veronique

Well, I read that our natural sleep cycles are about 1 and a half hours long (you need to experiment to find out how long yours is), so try and plan your sleep in multipes of this (I add on an extra half hour to the total to allow time to get to sleep). So, if you need to get up at 8am, if you go to bed at 12 that allows for 5 x 1.5 hour cycles plus half an hour to get to sleep.

Sleeping with the curtains open is so important for me, I don't wake up properly if it is dark in my room in the morning, and as I said, oversleeping is not good for me.

I'm sure in the past I've mentioned the research by Tony Wright, about left brain, right brain stuff? Too much to go into right now, but basically his idea is that the left brain needs a lot more sleep than the right brain. So by sleeping less, you can have more access to the right brain (the more creative part of you). I know this works for me, I can be the most creative and do my best work in the early hours of the morning when part of me is really tired, but somehow the creativity flows. More from Tony here: [www.kaleidos.org.uk]

I must go to bed now, it's nearly 2am ;-)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:59AM

*tucks Rob's right brain into bed* lol smiling smiley

ive heard of this too .. im a night owl and wayyy more creative in the early morning or late night

during the day at work i feel sluggish .. honestly if i could work my optimal time would be from noon untill about 8pm or even later start/finish

ive been trying to wean my sweetie off having the t.v. on at nightn ..he claims he needs it .. and lights on .. and noise to get to sleep .. while i toss an turn

for some reason he wakes up at like clockwork at 2-3am and needs this noise/light again to fall asleep ..which as you can imagine causes me distress as i need quite and dark

were working on a compromise .. (using timers to shut things off after he falls asleep) winking smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 13, 2007 08:18AM

thanks funky rob

i think the ramifications are profound and far reaching
'preciate it smiling smiley

will look into it some more

Posted by: Joe Gray ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:24AM

I'm not a big fan of that Patenaude fellow myself.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: April 14, 2007 03:49AM

good ole Frederic is selling a course in how to make a living with natural food doing something you love.. the course it only $997.00 so maybe he'll sell 50 of those this year...

just thought I'd point this out... I think he's a creative guy and probably doing fine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables