Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pineapple?
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 11, 2007 07:26PM

if you leave pineapple in the fridge for a while does it start fermenting, or maybe thats not the word, but does it start turning the sugars into alchohol?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pineapple?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 11, 2007 08:45PM

-I think that if the skin is intact....then your fruit won't readily ferment. If the fruit is old, damaged or bruised....then you might get fermentation that takes place wherever the damage was located. Of course, ANY of those processes will be slowed via refrigeration. Simply eat your fruit as fresh as possible, remove damaged parts, and no worries, eh?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: April 12, 2007 02:58PM

Have you ever cut the top off a pineapple and planted it to grow?

Date: April 12, 2007 03:08PM

no!!!!!!!!! omgar!!!!!!! u can do that??!!! i wouldve had lil pinapple plants everywheres if i knew that!! how do u do it tell me ! lol srry but i never knew u could do that, so kool grinning smiley

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:32PM

will pineapples grow anywhere? do you have to live in a tropical area? that would be awesome to grow pineapple.that's one of my favorite fruits!!!

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:40PM

pineapples take YEARS to bear fruit, I heard...have to look it up, as it is just a factoid I had in the back of the noggin and don't know much else about their growing seasons.

LOL

I think that is why they are relatively expensive, because they are difficult to grow or take a long time to fruit.

Date: April 12, 2007 08:51PM

ooh poo im all saddened now hhaha o well ill still try, im moving out of herre in 1 year!! and my parents do not take care of the landscape, so my poor lil pineapple would prolly die,, ill just put it in a lil pot and take it wherever i go lol:p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables