Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Organic Vegan Wine?
Posted by: marhar ()
Date: April 12, 2007 07:33PM

I have read a lot of mixed opinions about the consumption of wine, even if it is organic and vegan. Some raw foodists don't partake in food that has been fermented or frozen. I know that chef who wrote "RAW" Juliano, mentions wine and frozen things a few time.

What do you all think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Organic Vegan Wine?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2007 07:37PM

im not a huge wine drinker i prefer beer .. actually like the taste of it .. dont care to get drunk on it, i cant stand hangovers , losing a day or two feeling like crap lol

a freind of mine and i have been experimenting with making our own beer

mostly i care that its organic ingredients and no preservatives.. weather its raw or not i havent really thought about it

i dont drink enough to really worry about it

if it was wine id feel the same, id just get the best organic quality i could find .. have a drink and not worry about it

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 12, 2007 07:54PM

Is it ok to have organic wine when raw??? i love wine.... i don't like anything else. i def dont abuse it, so thats not my worry. but not sure if im allowed to drink it. but then again i love chocolate, and theres a mix of pros and cons about that. i must likje fine things, and im not giving up chocolate, the raw version of it, of course....

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:02PM

i love wine too. from what i've heard, a glass of wine is good for thinning out your blood. also chocolate has i think antioxidants in it which is also good for you. of course in moderation and raw and organic. i love chocolate to and refuse to give it up yet. (raw of course). same with wine. yummy.

Date: April 12, 2007 08:05PM

i cant tell you if its ok or if youre allowed ... being raw is a lifestyle not diet , i think thats where people get confused on whats ok and whats not

there are pros and cons to everything you just need to listen to whats right for you

anything in overabundance is bad

when i drink beer i mean im talking like maybe 2-3 a week? sometimes none? ive occaisionally gone off on weekend benders ... if i want one i have one.. if i dont .. i dont.

when i started this journey almost 5 years ago i was so full of angst over what was right or wrong i just worried myself stupid lol

some days.. most days lately .. im 100% some days im 75%, some days i gorge on fruits , sometimes on veggies, sometimes i eat nothing at all .. i have days when i really just dont feel like eating .. i guess some call that fasting, i dont thinks so .. i just think my bodies telling me i dont need anything at the moment ..im the only that cares and im the only one that suffers when i shovel in something that i know doesnt agree with me lol

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:21PM

Yeah thats another reason i try not to pay attention to so many rules, because thats when i fail, meaning if it becomes a diet. thats when i fail. i need to and am treating this as a lifestyle. and me luv wine and choc, so im not planning on giving it up. Cause that will not be a happy lifestyle for me...and raw food lifestyle is what im trying to do as ooposed to a diet.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 12, 2007 11:53PM

Vegan Organic wine! Sounds fun! lol!

Date: April 12, 2007 11:55PM

yea we could call it VOW ! (vegan organic wine) .. sounds like a swede say wow

*no insult to swedes intended* smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:01AM

I agree with Jgunn. It's just a question of whether YOU find it to be the highest and best in consumables for YOU. I personally don't find it as vital and sustaining as fresh fruits and vegetables (well...fruits actually) so I avoid it. Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 13, 2007 12:04AM

thanks David thats exactly what i was trying to say but i took the longwinded winding road to grandma's house i go .. explanation lol tongue sticking out smiley

darn scorpios of me tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: April 13, 2007 01:39AM

Wine (unless made with some strange process involving chemicals or something I don't know about) is raw vegan, as are champains and cider. At least if they have been made with traditional methods (i.e. not using concentrated juices, additives, etc).

I include those things in my lifestyle. I like beer as well, but this doesn't fit into my lifestyle (I think I've developed a mild wheat allergy since going raw - probably because wheat was almost completely removed from diet).

Cheers,
Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables