Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help!!!
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 13, 2007 01:31PM

i feel so sad, like crying, im so tired of this, i keep struglling with stupid cystic acne, and now, after trying 2 go all natural, i have horrible scars all over the sides of my face, and my acne is bleeding bc i scratched it bc it itched so much,i went downstairs this morning and my mom toldasked me what the heck i was doing 2 my face, and that i would have scars into my adulthood, idk wat 2 do, my skin on my face literally feels like it is going numb,, i just wunna go eat some crap, i used 2 use proactiv years ago for my acne, and it worked, except i hav super sensitive skin and it would always burn it, now all i have is an msm bar, which i dont think has really any msm, and aloe vera, the nly thing that really ever worked was benzoyl peroxide, but i heard that was unnatural and healthy, does nebody kno nething about this? does anybody out there kno what is a good very strong all natural/oorganic acne cleanser and moisturizer????????>?
and has nebody had stupid cystic acne and really bad scars and hav them go away on rawfoods, bc idk if i can do this, i gotta go

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help!!!
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 13, 2007 01:57PM

certainly a raw diet will help.

if you want a product that works you can email me directly.
you should be able to click on my name to email.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 13, 2007 05:41PM

when your face starts getting itchy

try just taking plain clean (not washed in harsh detergent) washcloth, in cold water and just hold it over your cheeks , it will reduce the redness and itchiness

please please dont pick it , raw diet will help eventually but you will be detoxing alot

my poor twin brother has cystic acne since he was 14 and breaks my heart

Date: April 13, 2007 05:50PM

thankyou jgunn, ie done that b4 but as soon as i walk away it starts itching again,,ok i wont touch it nemore, its hard not 2!! its like constant chicken pocs
i feel for your brother :[
do yo think raw will maybe completely heal it? im willing 2 go through detox, if i kno that it will be gone in the end,

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 13, 2007 07:44PM

hey fuzzy,

Ive done my 10 day fasts... and it my acne really improved... but u have to remember that maybe your acne is very deep, and it wont happen overnight. when i did my fasts i began yo-yoing... and i bet u if i continued id be clean free... but u have to be very patient on a fast. and also when i juice fasted, more acne appeared at first, but that was just a fast detox... make sure that when u decide to fast, u know what to juice and when...

Date: April 13, 2007 08:15PM

thanks benetgirl :]] yah im going on a wheatgrass juice fast,, its just its really bad and it hasnt been getting anybetter, but i guess i just hav2 keep hanging on

Date: April 13, 2007 09:16PM

u can also add juice... what i did and might do it agai soon, is do fruits at first, they are the best cleansers, and then green. but i always did a 2 oz. wheatgrass in am and then had a juice that i made myself. but when u say wheatgrass fast. how many r u planning on doing in a day. im not sure, but curious as well how many u can do in a day??? also i buy fresh aloe vera, and put it on all night, instead of cream...its soothing and adds moisture w out clogging. its antibacterial aswell.. lok it up kiddo...

Date: April 13, 2007 09:34PM

i posted a note for u somewhere else about this, but also add aloe vera to your juice. your acne is internal, pretty sure... so u can buy all the products u want, but it might not help. u need to be healed on the inside. also Try to juice i garlic clove, cause i know u luv garlic.... hehehe.. but mix it with something, cause its too strong and might be irritating. and on an empty stomach might i add... winking smiley

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 13, 2007 09:58PM

fuzzysox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> willing 2 go through detox, if i kno that it will
> be gone in the end,

I hear ya bud, we're all looking for that kinda relief/sucess from our problems.

I don't know about a present solution, but one thing is to think about the situation from a completely different perspective. why does one have acne in the first place? people assume its something that just happens during our teenage years and imporoves over time. if we take medications it 'improves' faster.

In my opinion the whole acne phase is our 'last gasp' of our somewhat healthy young bodies to get rid of all the toxins. if we block that ability with drugs we lose that moment, everything stays inside. whether we take that action or not, in the next decade or so that ability to expell toxins isn't really even much of an alternative, its dealing with all the new crap on a daily basis! sure eating wavy lays every day and rubbing your face might stir up an immediate need to clense (acne) but really at that point in age you are in hardcore disease suppresion mode.

for what its worth, I never had ANY acne as a teenager and ended up with severe degenerative illness in my early 20's. It is possible my body just didn''t know or wasn't able to deal with toxins very well. I now (try) to look at it as a 'gift' in some way as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2007 10:01PM by anaken.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 13, 2007 10:27PM

A raw diet is the key... though there was one time, that I was eating a lot of citrus, and I got a few cysts on my face. I'm allergic to citrus, but can eat it in small amounts. Also, too many nuts & raw fats can do it too... some people make raw fat foods into a meal and that is simply too much fat & can cause cystic acne on SOME people. Avocados, nuts and seeds are, I believe, a healthy part of a raw diet, though OD'ing yourself on anything can cause problems. I would not go too low either, on good raw fat, because your brain and body needs some fats. My skin stays really nice and clear on non-acidic fruits like watermelon, cantelope, melons, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, apricots.. you get the idea. Drinking lots of pure water, and lots of fresh veggies, too.

I hope you find the key to skin quandary.

Date: April 13, 2007 11:25PM

hey anaken, thats the problem, i dont really eat poorly at all, i cut out chips and soda like 4 years ago and pretty much since then i ate whole foods, deff not as good as raw, but i ate waay better than any other teenager or grown person i knew, i hate it,, but i guess ur right, i dont think its a "gift" lol but i deff get wat ur saying,,, i just hope wen i finally get through detox my body will heal the scars,
i hope

hey rawrrr well ya i guess my body is at a different stage right now, or just on serious detox, i hav no clue,, but wen i eat fats, and lots of greens and stuff my skin does better,, but wen i eat the things u eat,, it looks like it fets inflamed
im just tired of it, ive been obsessively struggling with it since i was 12, watever

Date: April 16, 2007 06:20PM

fuzzysox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but wen i eat fats, and
> lots of greens and stuff my skin does better

You just answered your own question, sweetheart.

Date: April 16, 2007 06:35PM

lol i guess i did but its still really bad, its still red, its just not as bad as when i eat pineapple or sumthing like that, im working on it

thankks youguys!! this was really helpful :]]
bennetgirl haha yes i luv garlic, but i dont think thats the problem, im gunna start taking aloe vera juice internally as soon as i get the money, thankyou for that advice i never thought of that :]

thanks everybody!! smiling smiley i feel a little better now

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 06:48PM

smiling smiley glad youa re feeling better...i know it is tough...but you will get through it you are a strong girl!! keep up the hard work and you will come out a shining star!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: April 16, 2007 09:45PM

Have you tried using your own fresh urine on it? In my experience it works well on controlling itching and it might help with the scarring as well. If your diet is already quite clean your urine will be clean as well so you don't have to worry about it smelling. If you google "urine therapy" you'll find lots of information. Below is a bit I just found.

External application

Massaging/Rubbing - You can use either fresh or old urine. Old urine (4 to 8 days) is generally more effective, but it has a strong to very strong smell. Massaging the whole body is a very important complementary treatment when fasting. It nourishes the body through the skin and helps against increased heartbeat. You can leave the urine on or wash it off after an hour or so, just with water or with a mild, natural soap. Fresh urine as an after shave gives you a beautiful soft skin. But it is also very helpful and healing in all kind of skin problems: itching, sunburns, eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc..

Hope you find a suitable solution to your problem soon,

Love, francis

Posted by: Devric ()
Date: April 16, 2007 11:13PM

I've been there. Here are some things that helped me control the problem:

1) Maintain a healthy diet.
2) Exercise daily and get a lot of fresh air.
3) Get plenty of sleep.
4) Minimize stress.
5) Don't irritate the acne by touching, etc.
6) Learn as much about good health as you can.
7) Be consistent in your healthful practices and never give them up.
8) Be patient in seeing results.
9) Literally and figuratively keep your chin up.
10) Remember that 99.999999999999999% of the people out there can not live up to the insanely high standards of beauty set by the mainstream media.
11) Love yourself, be yourself, and spend time with people who love you no matter what.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 17, 2007 01:14AM

go to ebay and look up oxylight

it works for my kid who is your age. He had cystic acne and NOW IT IS GONE because of that device.

Posted by: Devric ()
Date: April 17, 2007 01:29AM

How does OXYLIGHT work? What's the science behind it?

Date: April 17, 2007 02:26AM

hi frannie hmm well ive read about urine therapy before but never actually had he guts 2 try it,, plus im positive my pee isnt really so clean, im detoxing so ya lol but thankyou fo the idea :]

thankyou devric all those tips are wonderful,, i deffinately need 2 do more exerciseing and pretty much all those things up there :p

hey mia im gunna go look into he oxylight right now,,,

thankyou guys sooo so much!!! grinning smiley you helped me alot :]

Date: April 17, 2007 02:31AM

omgar mrs mia, i feel i should call you mrs :] that oxylight instrument looks amazing i am deffinately going 2 talk my parents into getting it for me thankyou!!
:]]]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 17, 2007 05:13AM

I agree with what Devric said. Also what will help your body detoxify is sunlight. But unfortunately, this may cause things to get worse before they get better. Sunlight is great at helping the skin detoxify itself. But because you have cystic acne, there are probably a bunch of toxins in your body that still need to come out. Thus if you get put on a healing program, the acne will get worse before it gets better, as a healing will only happen after the toxins are gone (which means more cystic acne in the short term).

Date: April 17, 2007 05:41AM

yes i think thats wat its doing right now, except i havnt really detoxed that much a all,, which means its going 2 get really horrible the more i detox,, o well its worth it,, thanks brian :] actually that is really interesting bc i find myself very much more attracted 2 the sun, i want 2 spend alot of time laying out where before i hated it bc i would jut burn , and feel uncomfortable

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 17, 2007 06:29AM

I used to be totally miserable with cystic acne. I used to use a huge variety of cleansers, toners, treatments, creams, lotions, etc. from the cheapest to the most expensive programs, and go my dermatologist (who had cysts himself) and take antibiotics and do exfolations and regular facials and pick at my skin myself, and nothing seemed to help at all except like you said make my skin red and irritated and make me more miserable. Oh the one thing i never tried was accutane because by the time that came out I was starting to get a clue (reports of liver damage from people using it) that something wasn't right in the medical world!

I've been free of it for years now. Before raw I noticed that cooked oil was a big culprit. It didn't even heal on raw foods when I was first raw with lots of complex recipes and salt and spices and oils. When I really noticed it clearing up for me is when I cut out oils, salt, spices, condiments and started doing food combining principles (not mixing fat with sweet for example--eating fruit all day and only fat at night). I still am prone to little breakouts when I indulge in something salty or spicy or oily or poorly combined but I still do it on occasion!! It is definitely a good motivator to keep things simple though.

What also helped me was getting more physical exercise, more sunshine (i used to be scared of the sun) and more fresh air. I am still working on the sleep factor! I have also been doing emotional healing work. Acne can really make you depressed and make you dislike yourself, I've been there! And then depression can keep you from healing so well, they feed eachother.

You are young and you can definitely heal this. I wish I had come across this board when I was your age! I don't have experience healing scars yet myself but I know someone who has with the hygienic lifestyle. Apparently when we let the body heal itself, it will do so in order of priority, and scars are a low priority so the body won't clean those up until it takes care of all the more important things. So, it depends how far we take our commitment to the healing/housecleaning!

For me, "uncurable" acne was one of the motivators that got me to step outside the western medical paradigm, one of the things that got me started on my healing. When you get through to the other side of this you might likely be grateful for the direction it headed you in!

I like Anaken's description of acne as the teenage body's last attempt at being healthy!!!

By the way, my current skin care regimen is: splash with water, towel or air dry. Skin heals from the INSIDE. Anything done from the outside will only get in the way.

LOVE,
Uma

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2007 06:30AM by uma.

Date: April 17, 2007 06:36AM

Yes, sunshine is very helpful. This way, you treat it from the outside & the inside with a clean raw diet. I know first hand and my son had it when he turned 17. I feel for you dear. Here is what helped me. I have very senstitive skin, and have to use organic & pure lotions, shampoos and cleansers, even to this day, and albiet something is pure & organic, it STILL might break me out, so experiment with different cleansers & soaps. Hair conditioners can really break you out if your skin is senstive to the oils in it. I also use powder mineral makeup by BareMinerals and it actually helps to clear skin & covers pimples beautifully. It is expensive ($25) but very well worth it and last for months. Also, I'm a vegetarain, but when I was a teenager, beef & any animal fat is the WORST thing that broke me out. When I went vegan/vegetarian at 18, my skin cleared up nicely. However, soy breaks me out too, because the phytochemicals in soy, mimic estrogens and it aggravated acne with me. Raw vegan fats do not break me out. Gluten is another thing that broke me out in boils. The only grains I can eat are rice & gluten free. My dear son (19) had a a heck of a time, and he currently is using Proactive, and it works for him nicely, though he is living on his own, so his diet is not what I wish it was. Oh, and also, lots of pure water & juicing flushes clears the skin like a charm. And without sounding too motherly, keep your hands off your face, it aggrivates acne. My heart goes out to you! I know it can be heartbreaking, but it WILL clear up when you find out what works for you.

Posted by: ljbn ()
Date: April 18, 2007 09:31PM

A friend of mine cured her cystic acne with Raw Diet only. Contact her or look for her new book about Raising Healthy Children/Families.

Karen Ranzi, email: khranzi@aol.com
She really knows, she was raised by a raw father who was raised by a raw mom/karen's grandmother.... that's got to be a ton of years of experience!

Much success,
Simply,
Lesa

Posted by: m ()
Date: April 18, 2007 10:45PM

hi there...

i suffered with cystic acne too...for many many years. here are some of the things that helped me...

1) no harsh soaps or lotions! i now use a combination of rose water and raw apple cider vinegar to wash my face. as a moisterizer, i use aloe vera fROM THE PLANT. i cut of a bit of the leaf every day and rub the gel on my face. the aloe and the apple cider vinegar balance your skin's pH and acts as a natural antimicrobial.

2) flaxseed oil! 2-3 tbsp a day in your smoothie is a good therapeutic dose. the omega-3 fatty acids really help cut down on inflammation and redness.

3) probiotics help boost your immune system and balance out any bacterial issues (an excess or imbalance in the oil glands found on your face).

4) if you are okay with taking vitamins, these are some that may help:
-zinc picolinate (natural antibacterial and skin healer)
-vitamin A and vitamin C (skin healer)
-green tea extract (anti-inflammatory agent)

i hope this helps! the raw diet definitely helps...don't give up!

take care,
m.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 19, 2007 01:07AM

I totally respect your desire, every one elses desire to be competly raw. But when it come to health issues sometimes a compramise has to be made. Yes a cleaner, purer diet will, over time, help your acne. However you may have a chemical imbalance that diet alone can not and will not fix. See a doctor. They can presribe Isotretinoin (Sortet). It's a very expensive drug but it will get rid of your cyst acne.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 19, 2007 02:40AM

if by compromise you mean compromise your health to termporarily delay the issue, then I would agree it would be well worth the expense of the drug.

hang in there kiddo. I do agree that sometimes a cleaner diet won't be the solution to your problems (it will certainly be an asset). But I still suggest doing the LEAST ammount of treatment to be comfortable (physically [pain] and emotionally/appearance) and the MOST ammount of care into correction of the source...whatever that means to you.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 19, 2007 03:50AM

not to sound patronizing, but I've heard on this board that washing your face with honey helps to clear out your skin. I never really have bad acne, but I feel like my face is more cleaner and clear when I wash with honey.

Hang in there tho. Before my ex went raw he had horrible acne. horrible. After raw it totally cleared up. I didn't even notice it, but then one day he was all like remember when I used to have horrible acne all over my face? I totally remembered, and I was amazed to notice that it wasn't there anymore. Two years later his face is still clear of acne. I don't think he washes his face with anything besides dr. bronner's hemp castille soap, and I know that hemp seed nut butter is a staple in his diet.

good luck.

Date: April 19, 2007 09:15PM

hey fyzzy, look below what i found... a lil helpful

[www.curezone.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables