Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice Cleanse
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: April 14, 2007 06:53AM

Does anyone want to juice with me for 7 days. I figure by cleaning house a bit, giving my digestive tract a rest, I will gain some clarity as to what really is food for my body. Just need a break. Any takers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice Cleanse
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2007 08:26AM

In another thread you were concerned about protein deficiency, how does juice fasting help you then?

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 14, 2007 01:19PM

If you decide to do it, I'll consider doing it with you. I never force myself to follow something if it isn't feeling right for me, however, so I can't guarantee I'd stick with it for the duration.

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 14, 2007 01:37PM

heyy dancerinthenight im sortof juice cleansing starting today or 2morro,, im only doing wheatgrass, cuz thats all i hav,, but ill do it with you grinning smiley i need a fasting partner, this is my first time fasting,, how about you??

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 14, 2007 11:07PM

hey there good for you going on a fast if you feel it is right for you!!! i am drinking a smoothie right now haha does that count lol smiling smiley....i am getting a juicer so i can do juice fasts soon!! but i am here for support for you and wish you luck!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 14, 2007 11:18PM

hey djatchi...did you know this forum was for support and help??? because from most of the posts i have read you have left you have something negative or not so helpful to write.....maybe she feels the juice fast will help her cleanse her body and get it into a healthy state and she has already figured out the protein def thing......
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 15, 2007 03:53AM

Hi, i am new here and this is actually my first post. I did a juice fast for three days and then switched over to the master cleanse fast, it is actually what inspired me to go raw when i come off the fast. I am excited to try the raw food way of eating. I have been fasting for a total of 11 days now, this weekend i have been really hungry, but i think it is a emotional issue, and it is the weekend so i want to eat. lol.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 15, 2007 04:01AM

djatchi,

I am getting the message from the way your posts are very non-supportive of people here that perhaps you don't need to be here. If I continue to get this message from you, you may find that your user account no longer works.

Date: April 15, 2007 04:44AM

wow

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 16, 2007 01:18AM

Djatchi is very unsupportive to anything that isn't in line with her way of thinking. And she isn't diplomatic about it at all. Reading her posts has led me to believe that her advice isn't really meant to help from the heart but just to show she knows best. It seems like an ego thing.

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: April 16, 2007 01:47AM

I am not on a juice cleanse. I think I need major help right now. A treatment center perhaps. I cannot stop bingeing. Last night I had a box of doughnuts, five burritos from Taco Bell, three sandwhiches, two large muffins, nine large cookies, four pints of ice cream, one bag of chips. I was at least not bingeing two weeks ago - Eating mostly greens and raw fish. I felt pretty good actually. However I began stripping again - And all my old deamons rose to the surface. I just felt so bad about myself - Like I was a nasty person. I quit last night, walking out roaring drunk in the middle of my shift. Why can't I just love myself? Why must I self destruct?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 16, 2007 02:15AM

Are you judging yourself for dancing? Was the binging to not feel the pain of judgment?

Or perhaps the energy of the people you dance for is too gross for your body at this point in your health, because you don't have a lot of shielding to protect you from that energy.

Date: April 16, 2007 02:33AM

no longer "dances" in the night

You remind of a story that happened in the Florida Keys a few years back. A raw food musican freind of mine played music at a beach resort there. After he played for a few hours we would go skin diving and then have a raw food dinner. This time we were getting ready to swim putting on fins masks etc. and 2 brazilian women that were way beyond curvy 10's and barely anything on went into the bay before we were ready. They were comming out of the water as we were getting in. One of them stayed with us to talk. She poured out her story of them both being Miami beach photo models and hating every minute of it. They couldn't stand the abuse and female degredation. Her dream was to get out of it and open her on clothing store. We both encouraged them in that direction. Probably the first time ever guys talked to her without "evil intentions" and realy tried to help. Her sister kept calling her from shore to get out but she felt good talking to us and stayed.

I say that to scincerly say to you - first find other decent work like those other 2 women wanted to do. I beleive your binging will stop when you get back to a place of self respect and work that is not degrading. When those are accomplished then you can focus on raw food comming from a place of overcomming.

be encouraged

bless

elnatural_1

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 16, 2007 02:46AM

When I read your posts it brings out all my motherly, protective instincts. I don't know what advise to give you. I would just like to say that you are a doll and a smart, kind and precious person. I hope you find some real help for the issues that are crippling you. Don't forget that even though you do things to sabotage the path you are wanting for your life it doesn't make you any less of a person or less deserving of a perfect life for yourself. You will always be special and deserving of all that you wish for no matter what. Decide what help you need and go and get it. I wish I could write something magical. I am sending positive thoughts to you. I will keep you in my thoughts continuously and will for you to draw strength from me.

With love,
Kise'

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 16, 2007 03:26AM

I feel for you too, Dancer. You need to get some supportive people around you to lift you up. Maybe you might want look into some Zen practices. In its simple form it's focusing the mind on the present, not on the past or future. A great book on such practice is "Full Catastrophe Living" by Jon Kabat-Zinn. I find this book extremely helpful in reducing stress. It just teaches you techniques to reign in your mind to the present. You'll find when you concentrate on what you're doing at the moment you experience a huge decrease in stress.

All of us self destruct from time to time in different ways. Don't beat yourself up on this. None of us are perfect. If you stay on the rawpath you'll find your self destroying ways getting less and less. Just pick yourself up and go again.

Hey..300 Spartans defended a pass to the death against hundreds of thousands of invading Persians in Greece once long ago. Against insurmountable odds they threw themselves into battle with little thought for their own survival and achieved the impossible-they stopped the mighty Persian Army dead in its tracks. Surely we can draw some inspiration from them. Dig down deep inside! Let the fighter within you emerge! Don't settle for defeat! One day you'll be telling people how against all odds you pulled it off. Maybe you might save someone's life in the future with lessons learnt from the experience you're going through. My prayers are with you. Good luck.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2007 03:28AM

dancerinthe night

i wish you lots of healing

and protection

la veronique

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 17, 2007 02:08AM

Dancer,

I'm sending lots of love to you.

Gypsy

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 17, 2007 02:27AM

A man was exploring caves by the seashore.
In one of the caves he found a canvas bag
with a bunch of hardened clay balls.
It was like someone had rolled clay balls and left them
out in the sun to bake.

They didn't look like much, but they intrigued the man,
so he took the bag out of the cave with him.
As he strolled along the beach, he would throw the clay balls
one at a time out into the ocean as far as he could.

He thought little about it, until he dropped one of the clay balls
and it cracked open on a rock.
Inside was a beautiful, precious stone!

Excited,
the man started breaking open the remaining clay balls.
Each contained a similar treasure.
He found thousands of dollars worth of jewels
in the 20 or so clay balls he had left.
Then it struck him.

He had been on the beach a long time.
He had thrown maybe 50 or 60
of the clay balls
with their hidden treasure into the ocean waves.
Instead of thousands of dollars in treasure,
he could have taken home tens of thousands,
but he had just thrown it away!

It's like that with people.
We look at someone, maybe even ourselves,
and we see the external clay vessel.
It doesn't look like much from the outside.
It isn't always beautiful or sparkling, so we discount it.

We see that person as less important
than someone more beautiful
or
stylish or well known or wealthy
But we have not taken the time
to find the treasure hidden inside that person.

There is a treasure in each one of us.
If we take the time to get to know that person,
and if we ask God to show us that person
the way He sees them,
then the clay begins to peel away
and the brilliant gem begins to shine forth.

May we not come to the end of our lives
and find out that we have thrown away
a fortune in friendships
because the gems were hidden in bits of clay.
May we see the people in our world as God sees them.

I am so blessed by the gems of friendship
I have with each of you.
Thank you for looking beyond my clay vessel.

Pass this on to another
CLAY BALL

Date: April 17, 2007 06:23AM

Jgunn...that was amazing and beautiful thank you so much for that!!!!! hmm that was just amazing!! thank you....that made my night a little brighter....
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 17, 2007 06:59AM

Bryan Wrote:

> Or perhaps the energy of the people you dance for
> is too gross for your body at this point in your
> health, because you don't have a lot of shielding
> to protect you from that energy.

Yes, surround yourself with good energy and good hearts. Maybe creative dancing in musicals since you love to dance. I really feel you are on your way out of the darkness into the light, because you are not comfortable where you are.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:15AM

first you gotta restore balance so that you can think and do stuff.
otherwise you are not at peace inside yourself.
what ever being balanced means to you...try to discover what it is.

if something up sets your balance ...it is not good for you.

the only way you can move forward is by being in balance.
and you are the only one who really knows what balanced is for you.

set small goals instead of impossibly large ones which you get stressed out trying to accomplish. scale up to a more challenging goal after being sucessful with one you can do.

above all be brutally truthful with your self...falsehood will ruin everything.
ask
GOD
for
help.

keep it simple,

juicin john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables