Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: banana fast
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: April 15, 2007 08:40PM

Bryan- can I really be reaching the height of the cleanse in as little as 10 hours of being on a mono-banana fast? I agree that it would be a waste of effort, but I can't do my job when I feel this bad. And I feel really bad. sad smiley

Has anyone else banana-fasting gotten really sick on the fast?

Maybe I ate a bad banana or something.
I am gonna try to get some sleep.

My mind isn't made up whether I will continue or not with this yet. Perhaps my metabolism is too high and I am releasing too many toxins too quickly. I mean, I can handle a headache, but this feels like really really bad car sickness. I have even started sweating a lot. It sucks guys. sad smiley

I'll update tomorrow.
xxpeisi

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:01AM

well well well...i am sorry this little argument stemmed over myself and djatchi i hope it didn't bring you down my dear peisi.....

and djatchi you seemed negative when you stated that and i was just simply saying if you didnt' have something nice or supportive to say (even if you didn't agree with the banana fast you could of stated good luck witht hat or something similar if you felt the need to post something). i do think for myself and i do believe that bryan has been raw long enough that he has a lot of knowledge about fasts and mono eating and i do believe that he knows a thing or two about what he says...and ihave followed the banana thing and it was great.....and most people with digestive problems when eating banana's can be caused by other foods eaten with it so that the banana is fermented or stuck in the intestines longer..or they are eating a non-ripe banana that is more starchy....they are not that starchy when fully ripe and that is one of the problems people have....like the corn thing...it only becomes a starch when cooked smiling smiley.......so no one was trying to attack you or shun you...yes peisi and i have become friends on this forum and to tell you the truth NO we don't always see eye to eye or agree with some things...but we are both out there helping one another and supporting eachother no matter what...even if we don't agree we like to add support and encouragement...the raw journey is to each their own...NOT ONE person is alike in this world and not one person will be on the same raw journey...but we are like minded people and this forum is to bring everyone together to help eachother and offer support to one another no matter what your view...and to also give your points...but in a nicer more appropriate manner....that is all i am saying....and i would never say something about your intellect....i just thought the comment wasn't nice and was helping my friend......but thank you for your views..and thank you khale for responding and bringing to attention that sometimes djatchi opions are valuable but need to be put a litle nicer sometimes!!!
i hope you all have a wonderful day and we are all a little more conscious of what we say before we say it...including myself!!
have a great day!!
and peisi i went to your journal and added some thoughts for you!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:24AM

Peisinoe,

I'm sorry, I thought you were on day 4 of your bananas fast. I think what you said earlier was that you ate 4 bananas.

It really helps to be using organic bananas. Do your bananas have any starchy taste? The medium spots you mentioned might not be enough ripening (but perhaps they are ripe enough). The bananas I eat have lots of spots on them, though not solid brown on the outside. Inside the bananas is bruise free and very sweet and no trace of any starchy flavor.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:47AM

hey bryan thanks for the info i know you left it for peisi but that is helpful to know since i have been trying to make sure they are always rip like you say....hmm i will keep that in mind...thanks for being so awesome and always offereing advice and support!! you rawk!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 16, 2007 03:49AM

Peisinoe, perhaps you are cleansing especially hard because you aren't eating that many calories? You mentioned eating 10 bananas a day. When I did my mono diet I ate more like 20-22 bananas a day!

Regarding the greens intake: I came from the camp of being very attached to my greens and eating a LOT every day. After I had enough sugar i felt i really "needed" them and really didn't like not having them around. It was one of my biggest concerns about the mono diet was, could i survive that long without greens??? The verdict, yes! I didn't even crave them like I thought I would. Not at all. And after the diet, when I thought I would be ravenous for greens, I didn't really want that much of them! I guess as long as we are loaded up with minerals, we don't have to eat them all the time, is what it seemed like to me.

It is so fun to read of your discovery that you can get more calories from fruit instead of nuts, etc. I went through the same discovery and have felt so much better since that transition.

Also regarding the ripeness of the bananas: I find that it takes several days to a week for store-bought bananas to ripen to my liking, unless they are from the "overripe" (ie ripe) bin of a store. So when I did my diet i bought a whole 40# case and let it ripen for several days before I got going, and then bought some more from the store every other day or so, to keep it going.

By the way even one day mono eating is probably very cleansing for someone who is used to combinations. When I do just one day of it I notice myself wanting a whole lot more rest. Anyway, however it ends up, applaud yourself!

Love,
Uma

enchantress re apple fasts
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 16, 2007 05:09AM

ohhhh, I've done apple fasts. They are great alternatives to the Master Cleanse and recommended for people who are quitting smoking...BUT MAJOR DETOX. It is a 3 day ordeal. I'd, personally, much rather do 10 days MC or 3 days with the 'nanas.

Good luck to you, P!

Date: April 16, 2007 02:41PM

Hey guys!

Well, on waking up this morning and knowing I would have to do very heavy work, I decided it was best to break the mono eating. I am surprised that it affected me so strongly- especially since I have been 95% raw for so long! Honestly, I am still very suspicious when it comes to the whole "detox" bit, and sometimes I wonder if it is just a cover word to put over the phase our body goes through when we are lacking the nutrients we need...

Anyway, either way, I am nowhere near ready to do what I just attempted. I had a gorgeous banana-strawberry-sesame seed smoothie this morning, that made my tummy happy and stopped my teeth from being wiggly. Lunch was a cucumber, orange and apple and for a snack I had a big handful of pumpkin seeds. Mmmm, I can tell you all one thing- after 24 hours on only bananas, ALL of the food I ate today tasted really damn good. grinning smiley

So I guess I had a mini-cleanse. I am not at all disappointed with myself or the results. My oreo craving is gone, and that was the biggest reason I had for compin on mono-naners. I also got a bit worried while on this banana fast that all the potassium would affect me negatively- you see, I only have one kidney and it is quite damages, and lots of potassium isn't good for us pre/post-renal-failures...

Yup, guess I am more of an herbivorish lizard or squirrel than a monkey. :p

xxpeisi

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 16, 2007 03:48PM

This thread was very helpful for me. Thanks everyone.

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: April 17, 2007 02:26AM

Hey Peisinoe, I just had a thought, you might try things a little slower, like maybe just having a banana meal once a day and then after some time 2 banana meals, and eventually a complete day of bananas and see how that goes. I would think that a monomeal once a day would still be beneficial.

Baby step by baby step we move forward. smiling smiley

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Date: April 17, 2007 07:23AM

THanks Felix! That is some good advice!
Although I think I am gonna try different fruits other than bananas.
Perhaps grapes or cucumbers or something...

xxpeisi

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 17, 2007 06:08PM

I am wondering why you picked bananas? Or why someone would "fast" on bananas over other fruits/veggies and/or their juices. I ask because of the hybridization of banananas and the lack of seeds in the fruit; no wild fruit does not contain seeds... bananas, watermelon, seedless grapes are all hybrid fruits. I try to minimize my intake of said things and I notice that I am much more balanced. The sugars in hybrid fruits are not the same as in wild varieties and the body does not recognize them correctly, this can be taxing on the body if overdone.

I have found amazing results fasting on canteloupe / other melons (seeded of course), and even just all fresh fruit with nothing else. Also, fresh vegetable juices (excluding carrots, beets) have found to be great for me also when trying to "cleanse."

Date: April 17, 2007 06:26PM

Hey!!

I think I mentioned why I chose bananas.
Cheap, high in energy, other people did the fast and said it worked well for them...
That was about it really.

xxpeisi

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables