Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just a positive raw comment
Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: April 15, 2007 08:50PM

It's my 6th day of low-fat high-fruit whole foods raw diet, and I realize this isn't very long but I just wanted to say how good things are going! I don't have any cravings for cooked food, even when I'm the one preparing the cooked food (all vegan). All my food is organic. All I ever want are bananas but I've been doing greens in the evening. The only fat I've had so far was about 1 TBSP of mashed avocado. I feel full of energy and I haven't experienced anything negative yet!
A usual day is
4-5 Bananas
3-4 Apples or Pears or small mangos
Either a large salad (greens, sometimes 1 or 2 more green vegetables, no dressing) or a green smoothie.

Sometimes I might get a little hungrier and have another banana or two at some point in the day but that's about all I've been eating and it's wonderful. I feel so light and peaceful, my sense of smell is already better (or maybe I'm just paying more attention to it...) The one food craving I had was raw salsa but when I couldn't find a raw organic jalapeno I decided I didn't want it really, haha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just a positive raw comment
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:27AM

good job!!

I wish I could veer from the fat. I am not psychologically ready to yet, I think.

Posted by: Forrest ()
Date: April 16, 2007 03:19AM

that's great! I eat the same way, and I love it too! I go through like 20-25 pieces of fruit a day though. One suggestion that makes eating greens enjoyable, put fruit and sprouts in your salad and pour a 12 or so oz fruit smoothie (and throw greens or a green powder in that too!) over your salad like a dressing! it's really awesome, I never worry about it being a bad combination, it always digests awesome.

Date: April 16, 2007 05:09PM

Mia - the low fat will come, don't stress over it! I never thought I'd feel so good on such a low amount of fat but I do, and with no craving for it at all (although it is only day 7).
Forrest - That's a neat salad idea, I never thought to put on a smoothie like a dressing. Maybe I'll try it soon! Also I'm working towards eating more fruit in the day, I know that once I'm exercising more (right now I have exams, so it's mostly sitting on my bum with morning yoga) I'll need more energy to keep me going. So hopefully I'll be able to work up to eating more fruit at once!

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 16, 2007 06:38PM

wow good job !!! thats so amazing!!! i tried doing wat ur doing but i ended up binging on fats,, and same as mia im kindof depressed i cannot wait until i can do this though!!

Date: April 17, 2007 03:02AM

Be warned, once you eat a salad with a smoothie dressing it will ruin you for all other foods. Say goodbye to mono! When it is time for my weekly 1/2 avocado I add the slices to the salad... man is it decadent with huge, soft sugary strawberries, luscious golden ataulfo mango, maui gold pineapple, huge creamy bananas, meaty, dripping navel oranges on a bed of fresh peppery aruguala + a smoothie dressing of a blended orange, a banana, 7 or so strawberries, and a big handful of spinach.

I must go make it right now!

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 17, 2007 05:43AM

lol that sounds freaking amazing forrest!!

Date: April 17, 2007 05:16PM

wow that sure does sound awesome! I don't know if it would entirely break my mono-eating, I generally only do it in the day, in the evening I always have greens + something. The variety of fruit you can get is awesome! Right now I'm a little bit limited, I tried some atauflo mangos but I can't find any good ones here (Canada) they were smell-less and didn't taste as nice as ones I've had before so I was kind of disappointed. Pineapple also hasn't appeared yet (well at least not organically). I haven't even wanted any avocado yet, I had one ready for yesterday, but I really didn't want it! Sometime soon I'll make myself eat fat but for now my body just really doesn't want any! I think it's all the bananas I eat... haha
I did make a salad dressing of blended tomato, orange and celery that was pretty tasty!

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 17, 2007 05:57PM

What is wrong with raw plant fat? Every food has some amount of fats, sugars, proteins... in the very basic forms. I have been eating around 10 avocados a day for a short period just because my body has wanted it. Fluxuation like this is natural I think. Overcomplicating things is not something I like to do. I like to go on how I feel (mind you, NOT HOW MY TASTEBUDS FEEL!) and judge when I've had enough of something.

Maybe the real problem is the overeating of nuts and oils, and other raw food delicacies? Granted, you should eat more fruit than olive oil, so maybe that is the point...?

Date: April 17, 2007 08:52PM

would you want to eat 10 a day for long periods? Certainly not. I agree about overcomplicating things. And that extends to organic vs. not. Basically when it comes to the tropical fruits, conventional is fine. Papayas, mangos, avocados, bananas, and so on. I really think the people claiming that organic tropical fruit tastes markedly better are imagining things. I always buy conventional pineapples. They are so incredibly perfect (sold here as "maui gold"winking smiley compared to the organic pineapples, that I would buy them if they were 3 times more expensive than the organics, rather than the other way around. If it grows on a tree, and has a peel, there's not really anything to worry about as far as contaminants. I always eat organic strawberries (except at some farmers markets these spring weekends, of course), stone fruits, and greens though.

and celery, tomato, and orange was my first "go to" dressing when I began eating this way too! Once you add sweetness to a salad, you'll never go back. Kind of like adding raisins or apples to a chicken salad sandwich when I used to eat sandwiches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables