Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

to BRYAN
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 20, 2007 03:21AM

Do you read every post on here? (being a moderator, and all), I was wondering, what do you think, of all of us? hahahaha be honest, are we pathetic? What questions do you hear over and over again? are there some JUICY posts I have missed?? What about raw food posts do you like and hate?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to BRYAN
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:31AM

And I often wonder how many times he calls or emails DG on how to "answer" us.

Same for some of the others here.

elnatural

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:35AM

im pretty sure Bryan has his own brain and thoughts and doubts he phones/emails doug graham lol

sorry but that just seems absurd

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 20, 2007 06:31AM

Hi coconutcream,

I see people on this forum who constantly demonstrate their courage and their commitment to their healing. I see individuals who are able to go against accepted norms around diet and healing and give the raw food diet a try. And many of these people find a way to make the raw diet work for themselves and find the health that they seek.

This forum supported me when I first started raw, reading other raw foodist's personal experiences about what worked and didn't work. Reading about these experience helped me on my own exploration of the raw diet, and over time I found what worked for me.

My favorite posts are those that support the raw newbies. There are a lot of great people here, yourself, and others like David Mason, Gosia, and others that share how they dealt with various issues that come up when faced with this new diet and lifestyle. The kind of posts I don't like come from people who have no interest in helping others, in fact, spend most of their energy disputing or arguing with those that do help others, for their own personal and selfish reasons (say to show how smart they are).

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 20, 2007 06:58AM

yay bryan!!!! personally i think you rock!!! you are always so awesome offering advice and help when needed or directing us in the direction of some advice!!!!
you rock sir!!!
keep up the good work and know we are all so thankful for your wonderful advice and help when given!! thanks for being here!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: khale ()
Date: April 20, 2007 11:28AM

Bryan is the cool, calm and collected anchor of this forum.

He has a very strong presence without being obtrusive and a certain grace that's enviable. He's helped and encouraged a lot of people here, including me.

When Bryan, Dave Mason, or Gosia post (among some others) I am sure to read what they've written as I always learn something. I don't always agree with everything they say, but it's a venerable traditional to question ones' teachers, and I appreciate the opportunity.

khale

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2007 11:56AM

Of course we all love people who agree or confirm our belief system.
But we grow more in life by questioning periodically our belief system and sometimes we get more help from friends and people around us who in the heat of the argument tell us what they REALLY THINK about us. Every day the sun shines on all, the good and the bad.

Posted by: Niftethrifte ()
Date: April 20, 2007 02:04PM

Whooo hoo! Applause to Brian! Being a newbie myself... many thanks.

^My Daughter, Sage and I^

Wishing you a whole lotta love,
Niftethrifte

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 20, 2007 03:16PM

Echo the thanks to Bryan, always helpful and diplomatic like a caring father.

Date: April 21, 2007 04:23AM

that was such a good answer. I want to believe it ! You don't think we are dorks, even a little?

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 21, 2007 04:34AM

Lovely answer, Bryan. Your posts were one of the reasons I subscribed to this forum...your transformation was amazing/

coconutcream- it's been my experience that people, when in a positive mindset, tend to have positive thoughts about others as well.

To have so many people united under this common bond is an awe-inspiring thing in itself...so many islands and seas of judgement out there. I love coming to this forum to read and unwind.

Date: April 21, 2007 04:54AM

have you ever been positive to thers, but felt different inside, miaculpa? SOmetimes people fool others. People who are too positive I bother until they tell me the real truth.

in general.Don't you agree? Its about being who you really are, and not behind a mask of some sort.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 21, 2007 05:17AM

Nope, I generally tend to either tell the truth or fall silent. Fooling others, I've seen people do, but it tends to waste too much energy.

However, some people ARE REALLY positive for others, yet have a major hard time being positive for THEMSELVES. I see this a lot. That is why support groups are great.

We all mirror eachother's experiences, you see. I truly believe this.

Reality is what you make it. You can shape it however way you want.

Most neglect to tell the truth out of FEAR...of something or another.

It is easier for some to be fearless than others, too.

It is ALSO normal to feel a little bitchy sometimes...just as it is normal to go back to being happy from cranky. We are all human, after all. We just have to remind ourselves that other's are human too.

It's all mirrors.

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: April 21, 2007 05:17AM

What a great answer, Bryan!!

I have to say that for some reason, when I ask advice, I tend to hope one of the people who replies is Bryan. He does give great tips, explains himself well, and I have learned a lot from his experiences.

So a big thanks to him for helping me on my raw journey!!

much love,
xxpeisi

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 22, 2007 01:58AM

Hey u guys check out this pic I took of Bryan the other day!

Bryan, u rock!

Date: April 22, 2007 08:24AM

ahaha. Some raw foodists said to me i know my way around a banana and I felt hurt. haha this makes it ok I guess.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 22, 2007 08:59AM

> My favorite posts are those that support the raw
> newbies. There are a lot of great people here,
> yourself, and others like David Mason, Gosia, and
> others that share how they dealt with various
> issues that come up when faced with this new diet
> and lifestyle. The kind of posts I don't like come
> from people who have no interest in helping
> others, in fact, spend most of their energy
> disputing or arguing with those that do help
> others, for their own personal and selfish reasons
> (say to show how smart they are).

Kind of why I like this board. I joined the other raw food forum and I hardly even post on it because it's nothing but stupid posts over there. The threads with questions are lucky to get 1 reply and the newbies are lucky to get 2 replies welcoming them. The "regulars" are more interested in debating random stuff and half of it isn't even about raw food. The rest seem to be in competition with eachother and who has the best raw diet plus the Vegans vs Vegetarians vs Paleos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 09:00AM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 10, 2007 07:07PM

i wont lie... i have never even BEEN to another support board... i was lucky to fall on this one back in 1998...... and i never looked further.... from the beginning it has had what i needed and i give lots of credit to (yes even the negative people teach me alot) everyone who IS on it and has ever BEEN on it.... man i can remember LOTS of posts i wish had thought of to post first... SO much information to be had in the minds of all the people here.....

I hate it a person dies, cause they take all they had with them.. all their memoriess, things ONLY theye could have known... all that knowledge and info is lost......

i guess i have a HEFTY respect for peoples individual knowledge.... i prefer knowledge learnd vocationally rather than academically... both have value... but i learn better hands on....

ne who.... i love this board...... i hope it never crashes or dies....

love and light.. tiffntwins

Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: May 10, 2007 11:23PM

Well this is coming from a real newbie, but I have to say that Bryan (among a few others) is the reason I actually joined this forum instead of just continuing to lurk.

Bryan, there is something calming about you. Someone mentioned the word "grace", and that really hit home with me. What an awesome word to describe you. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom with us and for your patience with those of us just beginning this journey.

sunshineTX

Date: May 11, 2007 01:00AM

Bryan is graceful..imagine that, Bryan,graceful man. smiling smiley Gives time to those who need for just his happiness to repay him.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 11, 2007 11:38AM

hmm yes mia that is sooo true...some people can be very positive for others but not for themselves...that is wheri fall in line...i can support others and really truly think positive about their journeys and lives and think great things..but when it comes to my own journey and thoughts no so much..and i am 200% sincere with my encouragement and support...i truly believe everyone can succeed and every little bit of improvement is a great big step !!!!
but with myself i strive for perfection and well perfection smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

EXquisite anwer, Bryan....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:19PM

and absolutely true to what I know of that quietly loving and stable spirit.

Cococream....what I'm going to say is not at all pejorative - just something I've noticed in my life. When someone steps of to the plate, as Briand has, and puts themselves in a position of focus or leadership, their is a tendency in the rest of us to project onto that focal leader, what has not been resolved in ourselves. Perhaps we see that person as the parent that never loved us, and we want their love and respect. Perhaps we project onto the leader things that our in us - if we tell little white lies - we might imagine they do. I have found that the clearer the leader, the MORE people project what is within them onto the other person. It's just something fun to observe. We can use what we think we are seeing in another, to see what we may need to allow to shift in ourselves. It is a valuable opportunity.

For example, if I find myself continually wondering whether the leader loves me or not, rather than asking that person, and getting into it wtih them, I may wish to notice the fact that I care and at some level wish to get the other to love me. Perhaps the antidote is to replace the thoughts and feelings of concern with being loved, with loving. Just turn the thoughts around. Replace the desire for something, with the action of giving what it is you want. In that moment you are actually experiencing the love you thought you wanted, because you are giving it. It is coursing through you. Your cells, your feelings, your thoughts will all be experiencing the love you thought you wanted from another.

My thoughts anyway.

In love,

Piano Gal

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:39PM

Bryan is like the exacty POLAR opposite of me

mr. cool , calm and collected

me.. well, i'm ms. cool, calm and collected too

when i WAANNA BBE!( on choice rare occasions when i'm moved to move my lazy self and be cool ,calm and collected.. wowwzers it takes sooo much ENERGY!)

but hey bryan... yer waaaay cool, even if your collected mannerisms seems like something from a different planet ( hee hee.. that's a compliment though)

take it, mister!

Date: May 19, 2007 03:34AM

Planet Serious. smiling smiley hee hee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables