Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My theory on eyesight & raw
Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: April 20, 2007 03:25AM

I was reading another thread in which a few people mentioned improved eyesight after going raw. I wonder if maybe nearsightedness and farsightedness, which are caused by lenses being in the wrong place, are the result of too much fat around the eyeball. Perhaps eating better type of fat puts the eye on a diet as well. :-)

Opinions?

Proud to be a tandem breastfeeding, cosleeping, mei tai wearing, natural/homebirthing, cloth diapering, never spanking, non-circumcising mama to two wonderful little leeches. Baby Boy '04, Baby girl '06. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My theory on eyesight & raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:40AM

ReneeK

I have read sevaral books on natural sight including the classic relearning to see.

The eye focuses just like a camera by changing it's focal length. There are muscles attached all around the circumfrance of the eye that control the focal length. Focusing is not done by the lens changing shape. Glasses and stress cause the eye muscels to freeze realativly in one position. So raw food must somehow releive stress and get more nutrition to the eye. Removing fat and other toxins away from the eye can probably help that all happen.

elnatural

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:47AM

Some Australian researchers discovered that a popular vegetable oil makes the eyesight deteriorate in the long term. Going raw means results it from the diet.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 20, 2007 05:19AM

Oops! Going raw results in removing it from the diet.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:31AM

I did the exercises to improve my eye sight smoe years ago, After wearing glasses for years. Then I went to a new optician for a check up and she said I had perfect vision, I told her about my exercises and she said that was rubbish.

I've been raw for about a month and if I'm honest I have not seen any improvemnt in my again deterioated eyesight, if something, actually they have gone worse.

Rian

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 20, 2007 03:42PM

To be fair, a month is not a very long time. I have been consistently mostly raw for 1.5 years, and 99% at least for several months and my body is still doing odd things. I am very strict about what I put in, or on my body (including household/clothing cleaners, water filters, and the amount of certain foods I eat)... transition can be tremendously hard. And I am coming from a vegan diet of 3 years...

Juice fasting is an amazing thing, though! I am a major advocate of giving the old digestive system a break once in a while.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 20, 2007 03:48PM

Gosia im curious what the oil was?

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:31PM

The Secrets of Regaining Your Vision ... Naturally
[www.mercola.com]

Maybe I should try this program but I wonder how often I will have to change my contact lense subscription on my way back to 20/20

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: adfinder ()
Date: April 21, 2007 12:27AM

I think my vision improved from taking USANA supplements. I began taking them a couple years ago after being bed ridden every night from dizziness for months. They worked great and I still take them.

I noticed one day looking at trees in the distance that I could see the individual leaves. It's not that I couldn't before, but I think it wasn't as clear. I remember seeing the same thing as a teenager when I got contacts. I stopped wearing them after a few months and never wore glasses either, since I never needed them badly. But now I think I can see clearer and further and the vitamins was really the only change. I ate the same stuff, fat, fried, processed, everthing.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 21, 2007 06:03AM

I had Lazik some years ago, which took me from near legal blindness to 20/20. In the last few years, I noticed the vision starting to 'slip' again. In the month since going raw, it has become crisp and clear once more. Actually, the vision improvement was one of the FIRST THINGS I noticed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables