Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
eye color changing on raw
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 20, 2007 02:43PM

i read that some peoples eye color have changed on raw, some changes as drastic as from brown to blue,, has this happened 2 any of you, or neone you know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: eye color changing on raw
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:05PM

I know a woman who had a history of raw food (although she was no longer eating raw) who started taking a lot of enzymes, and her eyes went from dark brown to light golden-brown. It was quite noticeable. I've heard that this happens frequently to people who take a lot of enzyme supplements, which should be a hint to us about why some raw foodists also experience a change in eye color.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 20, 2007 04:17PM

thankyou kwan that is so amazing!! :]

Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:40PM

I've heard that eye color going from brown to blue is actually dangerous. Darn, I just googled and can't find it. I'll post it if I can find it.

Proud to be a tandem breastfeeding, cosleeping, mei tai wearing, natural/homebirthing, cloth diapering, never spanking, non-circumcising mama to two wonderful little leeches. Baby Boy '04, Baby girl '06. :-)

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:49PM

Great Question!!!

My eycolor hasnt changed yet. but I do tell you what. All my life, once in a while eyes change to a brighter hazel, or more greenish. Its what I ve been told. My ex boyfriend would notice it on me at certain times, and only like 3 other people have told me that. They said its beautiful to see it on me and the change. Ive caught it my self before. Wow.... I wonder why it does that??????? Anyone know..........

Date: April 21, 2007 12:04AM

I have green eyes. I'd LOVE it if they would turn a few shades lighter. I haven't noticed any difference over the years, though, except that my whites get very white and extra-bright when I fast.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 21, 2007 12:44AM

fuzzy,

Check out shazzie.com. Her website has pictures of her brilliant eyes. My friend's sister's eyes turned from brown to blue. I think it took about 8 months or so. (Cannot remember the exact time frame.) My light brown eyes turned lighter, almost a golden tan color. They were turning blue until I started eating more cooked. The scurf rim was the part that was turning blue first. I was told it looked ocean blue. They will turn completely blue once I eat all raw. Right now, 100% raw is a ways out.

Therese

Date: April 21, 2007 01:05AM

awsome thanks you guys!!

hey benetgirl my eyes used 2 do that 2!! they r green hazel, but since i got sick they didnt do it anymore, now theyre more brown, :[ not that brown eyes are bad, my sister has gorgeous HUGE dark brown eyes,, but mine are dark green/brown,, i have a feeling theyre supposed 2 be waay more green, maybe even all green, im waiting 2 see if they will change...;]

hey kwan green eyes are gorgeous!!! ur so lucky :]] o i want to have whiter eyes tho, how long did you fast 2 see the results?

life101 yes i hav seen shazzies eyes they are unreal!! i want them lol:p omg!! your sisters eyes actually changd that dastically!!? was she 100% raw?? and wat did she mainly eat? im trying 2 do 100% right now,, that is so awsometastic that your eyes are changing color!!! i hope mine do!!

Date: April 21, 2007 01:49AM

Hi Fuzzy,
I find anytime after a week or so my eyes get really bright on a fast.

Shazzie does have really penetrating blue eyes, doesn't she. I bet the colonics had something to do with it-- she had a series and probably really got cleaned out.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2007 09:17AM

Hi,

Kwan: i'm a University student who is doing a study on this phenomenon and was wondering if you could describe further, i.e. what enzymes was she talking; what quantity (or regime) of enzymes was she taking; was she still raw when the change occurred; what was the change in colour; how long did it take for the change to occur; did she have any other health issues that may have attributed to this colour change; etc? your answers would greatly help with my study!

Thank you!
Rk

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: December 27, 2007 04:05PM

I've been high for for a couple of months and 100% for the past two weeks (yea!!!) and have noticed that my dark brown eyes are becoming lighter and that there is a (lighter brown) ring around my pupils! I eat very simply - no gourmet raw foods, no extra supplementation to speak of at the moment, except for the occasional hemp powder or flaxseed oil. Quite fascinating!

Posted by: bostonhill ()
Date: December 27, 2007 05:18PM

Your eyes tell you about your body and every organ and functioning part of your body, your past illnesses, if you look with a magnifying glass. I bet if you had looked close before and now you would see all kinds of changes, from color to organ rebuilding and cleaning! I took an iridology class(study of the eyes) and got certified only first level but you can tell so much from the eyes and track your progress. The change of color is release of layers of toxins in your body and rebuilding and cleaning of the organs. Any change of color brightening is great! Especially when you see your eyes are not as cloudy that is a washing away of toxins!!! Good job!
Sandy

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: December 27, 2007 05:37PM

Mine appeared completly black, iris and pupil. No ring or variation in colour

Now they are a golden brown colour with a dark brown outer ring..now getting some different hues showing thru also..

its quite amazing to see them change smiling smiley

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: December 27, 2007 07:21PM

rawdanceruk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mine appeared completly black, iris and pupil. No
> ring or variation in colour
>
> Now they are a golden brown colour with a dark
> brown outer ring..now getting some different hues
> showing thru also..
>
> its quite amazing to see them change smiling smiley

Wow, that is quite a transformation; you must have quite clean and happy insides! winking smiley

There're a lot of hazel, green and blue eyes in my family, so it's going to be fun seeing which direction mine end up going in...

***I just read my previous post again - lol!!! Of course I meant to say that I've been high / 100% RAW!!! If I'm high, it's only on life!***

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: December 27, 2007 07:26PM

My eyes changed from very dark brown to almost hazel. One of my friends kept asking me if I was wearing those color contacts.

Here is a fairly recent pic:

My raw friends! I haven't been on here for sometime, I hope you are all well.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 07:28PM by jadedshade.

Posted by: azrael ()
Date: December 27, 2007 08:42PM

My eyes have definitely become clearer and brighter. When I first went raw, it was one of the first things I noticed when viewing before and after pics that I saw online. Everyone had very beautiful, vibrant eyes. The pic of Phil above is a good example of that.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 27, 2007 09:27PM

This is me being raw for maybe 6 months. I'll might come back and show you me now (raw for 3 years) =)

This is also my wifes eyes, being raw for 6 years.

Posted by: azrael ()
Date: December 27, 2007 09:37PM

beautiful!!!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 27, 2007 09:43PM

Yes, aren't they!

As you can se on my eyes I got stress-circles and a toxic brownish color around my "colon" area... So true! I had Chrons and schoolstress (highest grades).

I am observing my eyes getting the brown color more and more to a green color... Like a green juvel is being cleaned.. =)

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 27, 2007 10:26PM

My green eyes also have gotten like they used to be when I was much much younger..clean, brighter green, and the funky brown that was infiltrating from the inner ring to the outside is clearing up and one brown spot on my right eye is going away as it's much smaller than before. While I didn't take close ups of my eyes before raw I did take close up of the freckled one before I got serious about my colon and digestive cleanses recently. I'll post the older and then a newer one sometime.

What's really amazing is the dark circles under my eyes are gone..and that took some work, but mostly I lucked out and found what worked for me in that regard.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 27, 2007 11:11PM

I noticed before raw that my eyes had become dull and now I definetly have my twinkle back winking smiley. My eyes are hazel and the color changes but they are more often the brighter color of my youth.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: December 29, 2007 03:14AM

My eyes changed when I went on a medicine (the yellow streaks in my eyes turned brown) and it hasn't changed back after one year 100% raw). Sometimes I think it's changing back to a lighter color, but it's nothing drastic. The green isn't all that bright like I'd hoped for--but who knows what will happen after another year of raw?!

The whites of my eyes have become so white that my teeth now look yellow (I used to get comments about how white my teeth were). I hope my teeth get whiter to match my eyes! ;-)

Love,

Gypsy

Date: December 29, 2007 08:15AM

thanks everyone for the responses!...hope to hear more!...and, for those who said they would post their eye pics, can you please do so as soon as you can...thnxs!

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: December 29, 2007 02:08PM

i had no idea eye colour changes from being raw, makes sense though.
this is an "awesometastic" thread, thanks fuzzysoxs

best new word i've ever heard!!!!!
best thread i've read

dc

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 30, 2007 08:42AM

Yeah great thread.. does anyone know what causes eye whites to be bloodshot and slightly yellow ?

Date: December 30, 2007 07:47PM

I would say since jaundice creates yellow skin, yellow in eyes, then it is probably a liver issue. Sometimes eating things like the yellow dandelion or other liver cleansing plants may produce yellowing for a short time due to detox. It depends on what you are eating, or doing, or not doing, or your state of health.

I think that eyes may be one of the first things a person can look at and see very early signs of illness and poor health issues. If you watch tv news, look at the anchors (I haven't had tv for a number of months now but I used to do this when I did have it) and look at their faces carefully..it's easy to study them, because they are not really moving, you get clear pics of their faces, and on a daily basis of the same person..over years in fact if one were to do a film based on this..that would be fun.

While looking at their faces, squint a little and kind of not focus too hard, and you can see where their ill health is showing up in their eyes, under eyes, from their nasal to their eyes, it's all about the eyes and if they are older tv news anchors you can see at least in one eye that is showing signs of illness more so than the other eye usually. It's weird, but I can do that and I think anyone can do that..let me know, 'cause I'm really wondering about that. Even if they have makeup on (all of them do I'm sure) it still shows up.

Anyway, study people's faces esp. from their nasal area to their eye areas. It's interesting. Then get a close up mirror and study yours, take pics, and study those..I do this often and I have a long way to go with my health issues still but I also have had much improvement especially showing up in the eyes and nasal/eye area. I am beginning to get a belief in that iridology or whatever it's called. I haven't studied that yet, but I think for the next part of winter that would be a fun subject.

I'm trying out the facebuilding exercises now and they are really fantastic..I'd love to have the video, but for now I have the book from the library. Besides working the muscles of the neck and face it probably has a lot to do with circulation also and getting a good blood flow going. I'm doing the neck one daily, but need to do more for..my eye areassmiling smiley Health, from outside food sources to inside to showing health on outside..too bad we can't see our own insides..one day perhaps! You know..I don't even think cosmetic eye surgery would hide all the signs or appearance of illness in a person.

Might be fun to have a forum or thread dedicated to Iridology and eyes for raw fooders. We could do before, during, after, in transition, when we fall off the raw wagon, etc..eye pics and compare for signs of illness showing up or clearing up.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2007 07:53PM by Prism.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: December 30, 2007 08:23PM

Hi Prism, What is the name of the face-building book? I've never heard of those exercises.

Thanks, Greg

Date: December 30, 2007 08:48PM

I did get quite a number of different books on the subject but returned all of them except this one and it is very simple, and either men or women can use it..but it's titled Facebuilder For Men by Carole Maggio and she has a website with videos and other books, etc. She's been around a long time too..they were very popular at one time. I think she also is the one that has trained people to do those in seminars or classes. I of course would like the video for the women but the book is pretty easy and most if not all the exercises are unisex it seems to me.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: January 05, 2008 08:47PM

love this thread.

i was skeptical
but after a 40 day juice fast,
my brown-eyed husband went
hazel- grey/green outside, brown inside,
and they haven't gone back.

my eyes are green now,
with slight fluctuations toward brown

but our baby has the clearest blue eyes
they've been crystal blue since birth
and i wonder if my raw diet while pregnant
as well as raw/unprocessed diet daily
is what keeps them so pale

they match the box that i'm typing this in

i used to think recessive genetics
now i'm wondering about raw

peace-

Date: January 06, 2008 12:02AM

Hi Mama Cass,

were your husband's eyes dark brown or light before the change? and, is the after effect similar to that shown in Healthybun's picture above?

thanks
rk
-p.s. if you have pictures and could post them, that would be much appreciated smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables