Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

very strange detox - HELP!
Posted by: ananga ()
Date: April 22, 2007 11:35AM

hey!

i have been vegeterian for 6 years... and now going vegan..
somehow i just do not want any cooked food, and i discovered that for the last five-six days i have been 90% raw..

i do not have any physical inconviences, so i guess detox is yet to come?

but what is VERY (!) strange, that i feel overwhelmengly joyful.. please undestarnd the situation, i am at home alone, doing some extra job, which is very serious, and just laughing all the time, and cannot keep it...!!

it is very strange, because usually i am quite serious person..

please, help! is this normal? i do not understand at all, what is going on... just laughing and laughing...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: very strange detox - HELP!
Posted by: diana ()
Date: April 22, 2007 12:20PM

I went through that also...I think it has to do with the way our bodies are processing the food...The only thing that I can think of is our bodies are now working at a much different level and our thinking is clearer from the higher nutrition levels of the foods that we are consuming...It is almost as if you can feel the "ALIVENESS" throughout the body...and that makes me happy also...Diana

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 22, 2007 01:56PM

You will experience many things you might not be used to....just be open to the experiences....and keep your goals in mind! LOL. And laugh and be opulent and selfish in being TOO kind to yourself. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 23, 2007 05:23PM

Thank you very much... smiling smiley
i am still laughing.. today at work was quite uncomfortable.. i supposed to be serious.. lol.

today i was also 100% raw.. grinning smiley i like it really very much... since ages i wanted to do that..

but one thing is really bothering me.. i feel completely dehydrated... before i didnt felt thirsty, i used to drink may be a cup of water per day..
but now, its crazy.. i think i drink up to 4 liters.. if not more.. i drink all the time.. and when i do not drink i feel very thirsty..

is it normal?
(i eat mostly fresh juice veggies.. not fruts neither nuts or "heavy" veggies..)

i am very sorry to disturb you with my questions, but i really appreciate all advices and comments.. here in our country i guess there is no raw people... sad smiley

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: April 24, 2007 08:37AM

I would be inclined to think that's your body trying to flush out toxins which are being released on your newly cleaned up diet.

Francis

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: April 24, 2007 11:39AM

I always feel like that when I have a lot of green leaves, I have seen people refer to it as "Alkaline Bliss", I love it it's great.
I tend to find that I have more energy Raw than I know what to do with so staying active always helps.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Date: April 25, 2007 07:52AM

thank you again.. smiling smiley

my first week is done! smiling smiley

"alkaine bliss" is gone (or much more peaceful now) and thurst is softer..

waiting for the future sympthoms to embrace..

but one moment i thought, that i cannot handle it anymore.. let's see what will happen next smiling smiley

thank you very much for comments smiling smiley

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 26, 2007 11:02PM

never went thro any detox either , unless i eat something bad like cacao

Date: April 29, 2007 06:01PM

i am still raw...

but i lost all my appetite.. basically already third day i fast.. (first two days, i took couple of dates daily and today only water..).. when i think about food, i just feel nausea.. sad smiley

i never had any eating disorders, i also do not have problems with my weight..
but now i just do not want to eat anything...
i do exersise every day (not much, but some yoga...), today i also went to swim in hope that i will feel hunger after... but nothing... sad smiley

what should i do? should i wait when natural appetite will come back, or should i force myself to eat something?
i just afraid that i will become weak... (now i do not feel any lack of energy, in opposite i am quite energetic..)

please help me with advice... is this some kind of detox?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2007 06:03PM by ananga.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 29, 2007 07:03PM

this is detox!! im going thru the same exact thing,, for the past couple of days ive been forcing myself 2 eat, bc i hav a fridge full of food! but im not hungry at all,, i look at all the apples and dates and stuff i hav and it just does nothing 4 me,, dont worry!! and dont force yourself 2 eat,, that would be damaging for yor body if its telling you its not hungry,, just wait it out,, and embrace the fact that you arent hungry bc this means yor body is going into cleaning mode ;]
good luck and dont sweat it :]]

Date: May 05, 2007 05:46AM

sad smiley(((

so, it's have been three weeks or so..

yesterday i was away all day (i was at the conference, which was held in the forest...), and i could not bring my own food there and my body would not tolerate fast... and i ate simple cooked veggies (no spices) and raw salad and in the evening couple of snacks (not raw, but of course vegeterian...)..

and today i am completely sick... i have flu and fever... my throat is very bad..

can be those connected?

i get tremendous support here in this forum... i am very glad i found it... thank you all!!
will try my best in the future...
cravings are also quite bad at this period... yesterday i ate those veggies and was secretely enjoying them...
but i want to be healthy.........

peace,
ananga

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2007 05:47AM by ananga.

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 06, 2007 04:30PM

The last time I tried to go raw, before I had any knowledge about the books and websites available to do research I was sort of forced to eat cooked foods when the hosp wouldn't bring me raw foods per my request after the accident. I got extremely sick eating the cooked foods. Physically nauseated and feeling bad for about 3 days, then my body started adjusting again. it took me a few weeks to get over being sick each time I ate something cooked.

I'm just guessing here but I think what happened is that my stomach's mucous lining had thinned in response to my eating raw foods so it could absorb the nutrients from the raw, then I accosted it with cooked foods which was probably like scraping it with a dull knife and causing inflammation.

that's just my personal experience.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables