Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Myths
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2007 12:04PM

What do you think of this?

Raw Food Myths

I'm new to raw foods, so some of this was new to me. It says, among other things, that you can eat warmed up foods that are still raw. Wondering what long-term raw foodies think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Myths
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 22, 2007 08:30PM

Hello,

Yes, all those things are true. The temperature of "warming" food up is according to each person. Personally, I've heard the max. temperature to be at different levels: 112 degrees F, 115 degrees F, 100 degrees F, 99 degrees F, etc. Some of the dehydrators go to 175 degrees F and the food is still consider by them to be raw. When I lived in Phoenix, the outside weather would reach above 115 degrees F so that temperature would not be considered unnatural. When I make tea, I boil the water. I let the water cool before drinking it.

The depth and definition of raw is broad and IMHO should be defined by how your body/mind/spirit react to the food. Some eat only raw fruit. Some eat almost exclusively raw greens. Some eat a mixture of raw fruit, raw greens, raw nuts/seeds, and fermented veggies. Some choose not to be 100% vegan but incorporate raw dairy, etc. This is a vegan board so most here will be vegan.

Therese

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 23, 2007 04:06AM

More myths

you wont get anough protein,
you will look like the skinny guy if you do it
you sleep 3-4 hours a night
you stop getting your period

etc etc

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2007 08:38AM

Thanks Therese!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables