Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

before/after pictures of some lady who did the 80-10-10 diet
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 26, 2007 03:21AM

[picasaweb.google.com]

wow what a difference huh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: before/after pictures of some lady who did the 80-10-10 diet
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 26, 2007 03:49AM

"I look 4 months pregnant and look at the cellulite on my thighs. I've never been this big in my life. How ironic that I put on all this weight after falling off my first attempt at some kind of a raw vegan diet."

Same gross, pregnant bloated stomach look I got after I failed my first attempt too. I never weighed this much either in my life. I can't even step on the scale or look in the mirror again so no pics for me lol.

She only lost 10lbs though.. 111lbs to 101 and THAT much of a difference...Seems odd..

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 26, 2007 04:11AM

tiny people can't carry around as much weight as taller people. 10 lbs on a 4'11" person is like 30 lbs on someone 5'6

Inspiring photos. Wow.

Mia

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 26, 2007 04:25AM

omg!! that is an amazing difference!! so she was raw before doing the 80-10-10??

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 26, 2007 07:08AM

thanks suvine for the photos' nice to see the before and afters!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 07:17AM

earthangel you are so cute I love your smile!!!!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 26, 2007 10:03AM

aww thanks girl!! you are beautiful too...what are you holding haha?? probably should put my glasses on..but i feel like a dork...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:22PM

That's my favorite pic of you Coconutcream.

She's right, great smile earthangel.

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:32PM

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!.........And very brave and strong woman to post this picture of her self. Thank you!!!! smiling smiley You are amazing!!! Another inspiration to keep me going.... Maybe I should start taking pictures of myself, but I can barely look in the mirror. But I need to do this.

Curious, are u 100 % raw? and how often do u work out???? And how go u feel? Any other changes besides weight loss???? sorry for all these questions...

This is sort of off the subject...But just a week ago this man and I who keep flirting for the longest time knew I am going raw, and said that he would love to see me in shorts. Yayks... I don't wear shorts, but you know what, that just might really push me to really get in shape, overall, and not just to be comfortable.

thank you suvine for posting this. by the way, i checked out your pictures on your sites. BEAUTIFUL!!! Very colorful and very Monet and just a pleasure to look at. smiling smiley

Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 26, 2007 04:09PM

That is a real inspiration to me. I feel so big right now and it is great to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: April 26, 2007 04:09PM

Um, hi guys...

*blush*....

Those are my pics. I had them on my blog for awhile, then took them off because I was a little weirded out about my real life guy friends seeing me in my underwear. LOL!!! How did you find them, Suvine...were you just googling?

Yeah - I didn't lose that much weight - at this point I've lost only 16 lbs total but I'm soooo much smaller. 10-15 lbs is A LOT of weight on someone as short as I am. I'm barely tall enough to sit in a vehicle w/o a booster seat. Haha. My hubby, on the other hand, is 6'2", started out at about 225 lbs, and lost over 20 lbs in 30 days on 811.

Also, I'm still at 25% body fat, and ideally I'd like to get down to the teens, so even though I only weigh 96 lbs right now, I know I still have more weight to lose, but it is coming off slowly (but steadily).

I'm at day 100 right now, and I feel like life is just getting better all the time. smiling smiley I started working out at the gym and at first my trainer was really defensive and snotty about my diet, but after a few sessions (during which I was wimpy but seemed to recover quickly) she is now interested in reading Doug Graham's Nutrition and Physical Performance. smiling smiley

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 26, 2007 04:26PM

OMg.. thats u???? you go girl!!!!!! keep up the good work....

life ius funny....LOL

Date: April 26, 2007 04:26PM

Here's some quick history and info for those who asked:

2005 - did the high fat gourmet raw diet for awhile, Alissa Cohen style. Lost some weight but it was too much work, too much fat and I did not gain the vitality and health I was looking for.

2006 - discovered Doug Graham and 811. Everything about raw started making sense, I was pretty convinced 80/10/10 was the way to go. But had trouble sticking with it. Yo-yo-ed back and forth for months and months.

2007 - Got sick of myself, decided to do something about it. So in January I said, no ifs or buts, and went for 80/10/10 whole heartedly, and here I am, a few months later. smiling smiley

Now - yes, I'm 100%, I work out 3-5 times a week, but not really hard core. I'd like to get hard core as I progress though. smiling smiley Other questions about how I feel, how this process affected me emotionally etc - are answered ad nauseum on my blog (in my signature). I have blogged every single day since I started 100% and I talk about the stuff I go through, a lot. smiling smiley I also kept a detailed food log for the first few weeks. Hope this helps! I guess I might as well consider putting these pics back on my blog since I've been "found out"... LOL!

BTW Suvine, you are gorgeous! smiling smiley I love your hair.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 26, 2007 10:49PM

CC, Thanks for the post. Great find.

Sarah, You're so brave for posting photos of yourself and for confessing it was you. What a great chronology of your progress. You are inspiring.

Therese

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 26, 2007 10:57PM

Oh Sarah!

I love these photos. You are sooo inspiring. I wish you kept them up~! This is really a MAJOR transformation. Your photos are Everywoman. I find that they are keeping me on track and have inspired me to eat closer to the 80/10/10.

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 10:58PM

hhahaha I googled on picassa. Sorry, I feel so bad posting somethig but i figured it was anonymous ahahah

Date: April 26, 2007 11:29PM

Oh don't worry about it, Suvine - if I was THAT worried about staying anonymous I would have deleted all the pics or not confessed that it was me. smiling smiley I'm glad if my ugly pics can help anyone get inspired to stay raw... other peoples' transformation pics greatly inspire me also.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: April 26, 2007 11:59PM

BTW earth angel I am holgin up these wirst gloves and weird tea i got from this lasy on top of a mountain in switzeralnd, she had cows and horses and a little store in her barn. I love switzerland

Date: April 27, 2007 12:46AM

sparkler that is such an amazing transformation i want that so bad! you look hot!! haha :p i hav a question about the 80-10-10,, how much protein and fat can u hav on a daily/ weekly basis,, is it only like one avocado per week or wat?? idk if i could do that,, and were you 100% raw b4 80-10-10?

Posted by: Petals ()
Date: April 27, 2007 01:58AM

sparkler~ that def is a amazing weight loss pictorial. Thanks for posting. It keeps me on track.

Ok Suvine~ your whole entire journal is beautful, sort of like reading a modern day versiion of the diaries of Anais Nin, and you certainly do love Marie Antoinette, I do too for some reason.

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: April 27, 2007 02:12AM

sarah,

I'm impressed. I shared your photos with my family. Maybe there's hope for me. I stand at 6 ft and need to lose over 150 lbs but I want to go raw for the good of it, not in an attempt to lose weight. I feel if I can go raw because I want the life style then the weight will regulate itself. I have the 811 book and also the raw spirit book by Matt Monarch but I'm having difficulty reading through them. I have a hard time focusing while reading extended periods.

To see someone who's yoyo'd and finally stabilized is an inspiration. Thank you. I hope I can turn that inspiration into perserverence now winking smiley.

God Bless you.

Date: April 27, 2007 03:09PM

Fuzzysox,

80/10/10 means, 80% or more calories from carbs, 10% or less calories from protein, 10% or less calories from fat.

Your diet will naturally be 80/10/10 (no need to do a bunch of calculations) if you eat mostly fruit, plus a huge amount of greens and vegetables and go very light on the "overt" fats - nuts, seeds, avocado. I have overt fats when I want them, but I do find that as my diet gets "cleaner", I can't really stomach huge amounts of fat w/o feeling sick.

Hope this helps.

To the rest of you - seriously, if I can do this, anyone can. I was one of the biggest food junkies I know... still am I guess. smiling smiley

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: April 27, 2007 03:25PM

thankyou sparkler this does help!! one more question tho! sorry!!:[
i eat like an avocado, and 2 tbsp of flax a day, i dont count calories, or carbs or nething, i just eat,, i need 2 kno how much fat you ate a day,, cuz some ppl on here say they eat like one avo a week! im not there yet,, but since ur an expert on this,, can you tell me if that much fat a day is not 80-10-10??? thankyou!!
im sorry for being so annoying

Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: April 27, 2007 05:05PM

To give you an idea, an avocado + 2 Tb flaxseeds comes in at about 36 grams of fat and 400 calories.

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Date: April 27, 2007 09:27PM

Fuzzysox, you're not annoying.

I think if you're at the point where you're wondering if you should try cutting back the fat, then the only way to find out if 1 avocado and a couple tbsp flaxseed is too much fat for you, is to calculate your calories on nutridiary for a couple of weeks. That will tell you right there, or at least give you a good estimate.

The reason I cannot tell you if it's too much fat or too little, is because I have no idea how many calories a day you're consuming and whether or not you're pretty active. 1 avo a day may not be too much fat for a very active person who's eating 2500-3000 calories a day, but it would be way too much fat for someone like me who's small to begin with, working my way up the activity levels and not eating that many calories right now.

Hope this helps?

I just read your other post about your acne break out. My suggestion to you is, if you're thinking of experimenting with lowering your fat levels to see what it does for your health - why not go a couple of weeks or a month without the avocado and flaxseed at all? There is enough fat in regular fruit and greens for your body... and this way you wouldn't have to mess with counting the calories if you didn't want to.

Just a suggestion. smiling smiley

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables