Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Affordable organics in the Boston area!
Posted by: noelle ()
Date: April 27, 2007 08:52PM

EEEE!! I'm happy as can be.

New England Organic Food. I bought 4 pounds of greens for less than half of what I was paying before. I haven't compared this to non-organic prices, but it has to be equal or even less. You have to buy everything in bulk but it's great if you're splitting. Plus, they even deliver.

I was going nuts trrying to afford organic food, and I thought this might help others. Of course, the farmer's markets are starting soon so....

Ah, I guess it only helps for people in the Massachusetts area but I thought there might bea couple of you out there!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Affordable organics in the Boston area!
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 27, 2007 11:19PM

Hi Noelle,
Do you live in Boston? I'm in Cambridge! I haven't met any raw fooders here, so it's great to read your post. I googled New England Organic Food but nothing came up. Where is it?!?! I am really having trouble affording the produce around here-- even the non-organic is overpriced.

Thanks!

Sharrhan

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 27, 2007 11:29PM

is this the same store?

[www.newenglandorganicproduce.com]

Date: April 27, 2007 11:43PM

Kwan, it's exactly the same place that Jgunn posted.

I live in Malden right now, I'm moving to Dorchester in June and I used to live in Cambridge. In Central Square, actually. I just got home from the Whole Foods there.

Bought some dates. :-O

I posted an ad on Craigslist a few weeks ago, searching for raw food people in the area and I got 3 responses. I'm going to post again soon and we're going to have a potluck typish thing after I move into my new place. I'll certainly keep you informed if you're intrested!

:-)

Date: April 28, 2007 12:29AM

jgunn-- thank you!!!!

noelle-- Fabulous! I would love to meet you and other raw foodists, and have always wanted to have potlucks around here. I shop at WholeFoods quite often-- I live in Central Square and it's about 4 blocks away from me. So definitely, keep me posted.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: April 28, 2007 12:03PM

Noelle, Sharrhan, and Jgunn,

I'm going to be visiting my daughter in Malden and a couple of friends in Cambridge from May 1-18. How about getting together? I would love to meet other raw foodists. There aren't any where I live.

Mona

Date: April 28, 2007 02:41PM

MONA, that's crazy. I live in Malden,

I'd love to! I wish that I'd already be in my new place, but I won't yet. I'll be in the moving process. We could always meen in Central and the Whole Foods, or we could go all the way out to Beverly, to The Organic Garden Cafe, but it's a bit of a ride if you're taking the MBTA.

Date: April 28, 2007 02:55PM

Mona,
I'd LOVE IT!! Let's do it.

I don't have a car, but I can take the subway somewhere, or we could meet in Central Square at Harvest Co-op in the cafe-- it's 1/2 block from the Red Line.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 28, 2007 07:02PM

Ugh figures. I'm scared to drive on that side of MA.. 95 and 93 are crazy.lol.

How much cheaper is it to buy in bulk? Maybe we could start some kind of co-op or something.? I can't keep paying $2.50-2.99lb for organic greens at WholeFoods.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: April 28, 2007 08:12PM

Hullo Bostonians!

i'm in the northshore, and actually we have an incredibly cheaper market up here since we have so many local farms. We're getting an organic share at Green Meadows Farm up here in Topsfield/Hamilton/Ipswich area this summer. it's $575 for june-october, and it's a full grocery bag a week of their fresh, local organic stuff.
i've never eaten at the organic garden, but been in it a few times. LikeItOrNot- i'm afraid to drive on the OTHER side of 95!

you guys should look into getting an organic produce run....

peace to all-

Date: April 29, 2007 12:44AM

LikeItOrNot--

>How much cheaper is it to buy in bulk? Maybe we could start some kind of co-op or something.? I can't keep paying $2.50-2.99lb for organic greens at WholeFoods.<

Amen! The greens (well, everything else, for that matter) are so expensive, and I have been trying to figure out how to get together with others to buy in bulk. So yes, yes, yes, let's do!! Do you know anyone else who might want to do this with us? Let's brainstorm and stay in touch.

I'm on a list for a public garden plot here in Cambridge-- probably won't open up till next spring.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: April 29, 2007 02:24PM

Hi Sharrhan,

I just tried sending you a private message, but your box is full. I'll try again later, or you can send me one.

Central Square is great. I love it and was looking for an excuss to go there. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mona

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 29, 2007 10:04PM

kwan Wrote:
>
> Amen! The greens (well, everything else, for that
> matter) are so expensive, and I have been trying
> to figure out how to get together with others to
> buy in bulk. So yes, yes, yes, let's do!! Do you
> know anyone else who might want to do this with
> us? Let's brainstorm and stay in touch.
>
> I'm on a list for a public garden plot here in
> Cambridge-- probably won't open up till next
> spring.

I'm in if anyone else is. smiling smiley I don't know anyone else who would be interested or eats raw though. I'm in RI but wouldn't mind driving to MA to save money. I just went to WholeFoods today and they had .um..some slightly better deals. Collards were $1.99 and Romaine Lettuce 1.49 instead of the usual 2.49+ UGH. I spent $60 and it'll probably only last me a couple of days.

Mama Cass - What other side of 95? I think I'm afraid of the whole thing in MA. I'm used to the stupid crazy parts down here lol.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2007 12:47AM

Hi!
There are a few of us raw foodies up in Portsmouth NH... I work in Andover, MA and am looking to move down to that area. The few of us in NH are more than interested in meeting like minded people! :-) ... also, wholesale is such a great idea!
We get down to organic garden when we can (it's so worth it!) Feel free to drop me a line if you plan on going anytime soon!
Namaste,
Elizabeth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables