Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

agave=corn syrup?!
Posted by: greengrl ()
Date: April 28, 2007 07:24AM

I heard recently that all agave nectar is made in mexico and is often "watered down" with corn syrup (cheaper for them) dr douglas grahm wrote about it in the latest living nutrition magazine. Does any one know if this is true?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: agave=corn syrup?!
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 28, 2007 09:36AM

GG, Good question. I didn't hear about it. So thanks for the post.

I'm not sure if it is true but I know that when I muscle tested the "organic" Agave syrup, that it muscle tested weak. I did not buy it. I wouldn't be surprised that the Agave syrup is "watered down". I don't think that Dr. Graham has anything to gain by this statement so I wouldn't doubt it myself.

I will likely use Stevia as that is alkaline. I might buy a plant and grow it myself.

Therese

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 28, 2007 09:48AM

hmm i do know that unless the agave is the blue kind it is not really raw.....i have heard this from many places...and the most recent one was our local organic produce place...now he has both blue agave and non....so he doesn't have anything to benefit from either...but he was telling us that it is truly raw when blue and not when it is not....so that might help..maybe the blue isn't cut with corn syrup?? hmm interesting though how you learn things about supposed raw products...no wonder i am sooo leary of doing anything outside of fresh fruits and veggies....
take care and good luck
hope to hear more info
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 28, 2007 02:56PM

I'm sure if you get it at a reputable market like Whole Foods it won't be the watered down stuff. I notice that our co-op has bottles of agave syrup, and I'm pretty sure it's the pure stuff.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: April 29, 2007 04:03AM

You can easily taste the difference between (smack smack erk) corn syrip and agave nector.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 29, 2007 10:25AM

hey ian thanks for the tip i don't use either..i have never tasted either either haha....so i don't know what one tastes like compared to the other...what is the diff??? in case i want to get some once i been raw for a while haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables