Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

receeding gums
Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 28, 2007 05:21PM

Anything that can be done about receeding gums? My gums are very receeded and I am getting a bit worried

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: receeding gums
Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: April 28, 2007 07:19PM

one thing a dental hygenist told me was the most common cause of receding gums is brushing too hard with a hard toothbrush. she said that if you brush twice a day you should never have to brush too hard because everything comes off easily. she said that it's best to use a soft bristle brush and be gentle, but throrough. and to floss every day.

hope this helps.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 28, 2007 07:55PM

I haven't tried this but it seems to work. I would like to try it in the near future. They have a sample size if you don't want the big one. [www.globallight.net]

The testimony is misplaced under the Prill Beads page: [www.globallight.net]

Here is one testimony from their website:

"Josie's Story Josie USA (5/25/03)
JOSIE''s STORY Had my 4 month check up for a cleaning at the dentist last Monday. I have had chronic gum problems for as long as I can remember. Since early April, I have been spraying Magnesium oil directly on my gums twice a day. My hygienist could not BELIEVE how healthy my gums are now! She said, "you must be flossing regularly..." hehehe....(I almost let her think that was true)....and then told her I was spraying Magnesium Oil directly on my gums every day. She was amazed & wanted the name of it, etc.......Thanks!"

I've heard of some rave about Tooth Soap. I've never tried it as it was too expensive for my budget.

Therese

Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:40AM

Try chewing on some bee propolis twice a day. I was just reading a few abstracts on pubmed.gov, apparently it helps kill microbes, and prevents them from producing biofilms, also reduces inflammation and may "stimulate reparative dentin".

This one's especially interesting, it seems propolis can even strengthen the enamel:

The effect of propolis exposure on microhardness of human enamel in vitro.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2007 12:43AM by jono.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables